infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 10

infrared41

The pickings were pretty slim again this week. We had two pretty good games, two not terrible games, and yet another week without a worst list. There's not much to talk about so let's just do this. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Cowboys - Steelers: Thanks to the recent banning of a certain member, I'll catch at least 43% less flack for putting this game in the top spot. I don't know if there's such a thing as the quintessential NFL match up, but if there is, I'm pretty sure it's Cowboys - Steelers. 

HTwnWCA.jpgWrALCPd.jpg

2. Chiefs - Panthers: A little sunshine would have made this one look even better. Still a pretty good looking game. 

yAytxk8.jpg

3. Minnesota - Washington: The Vikings get 75% of the credit for getting this game on the list. I'm not a big fan of Washington's throwbacks. They aren't terrible...which is just enough to make the best list in a slow week. Washington's 70th anniversary set would be a much better choice as an alternate (or full time) uniform.

XEbWlw0.jpg

4. Rams - Jets: All white would have been the better choice for the Rams. The blue pants draw too much attention or something. 

RKtEKcZ.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Steelers - Cowboys seemed like I was watching a Super Bowl.  I realize that it is totally nostalgia, but the way the game played out under the lights at the end, it just felt right.

Yup. There's just something about a Cowboys - Steelers game. 

BB52Big.jpg

10 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Does the Steelers cutoff stripe bother anyone else? I hate it even more than the 9ers stripes... there has to be a way to standardize

Consider me bothered too.  The problem is that they don't seem to want to reduce the size of the stripes*, which means they need to be cut off on most modern jerseys.

* -- I suppose this is standardization in a way.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Does the Steelers cutoff stripe bother anyone else? I hate it even more than the 9ers stripes... there has to be a way to standardize

There is and that's putting the nike logo either on the chest like they do in college or in the middle of the stripe so there's a little more room. There's already barely enough room for stripes/designs on the should caps that we don't need nike's version of the reebox taking up space.

Just look at Iowa:

Image result for iowa vs michigan 2016

11 minutes ago, VikWings said:

There is and that's putting the nike logo either on the chest like they do in college or in the middle of the stripe. There's already barely enough room for stripes/designs on the should caps that we don't need nike's version of the reebox taking up space.

that would help, but thats probably not going to happen in the NFL. sure, there's enough space on the modern sleeve to crop a stripe so it's somewhat recognizable, but the problem in addition to the swoosh not impeding the stripe design, is these things were graphic solutions to a much different problem. they were designed to wrap around an arm and take up a lot of sleeve space - now they're being show-horned onto a shoulder. 

If it were up to me, i would either embrace the cropped version of the Steelers stripe (as seen on most jerseys; half of the actual design) as an evolution of the traditional design and push that in apparel and marketing pieces. OR, design something completely new, for the product we have today. same for Detroit and Green Bay

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

18 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The pickings were pretty slim again this week. We had two pretty good games, two not terrible games, and yet another week without a worst list. There's not much to talk about so let's just do this. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Cowboys - Steelers: Thanks to the recent banning of a certain member, I'll catch at least 43% less flack for putting this game in the top spot. I don't know if there's such a thing as the quintessential NFL match up, but if there is, I'm pretty sure it's Cowboys - Steelers. 

HTwnWCA.jpgWrALCPd.jpg

2. Chiefs - Panthers: A little sunshine would have made this one look even better. Still a pretty good looking game. 

yAytxk8.jpg

3. Minnesota - Washington: The Vikings get 75% of the credit for getting this game on the list. I'm not a big fan of Washington's throwbacks. They aren't terrible...which is just enough to make the best list in a slow week. Washington's 70th anniversary set would be a much better choice as an alternate (or full time) uniform.

XEbWlw0.jpg

4. Rams - Jets: All white would have been the better choice for the Rams. The blue pants draw too much attention or something. 

RKtEKcZ.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for taking a look. 

Cowboys and Steelers always have a good match up. I like when the boys wear white against the Steelers. Who was banned?

7 hours ago, VikWings said:

There is and that's putting the nike logo either on the chest like they do in college or in the middle of the stripe so there's a little more room. There's already barely enough room for stripes/designs on the should caps that we don't need nike's version of the reebox taking up space.

Just look at Iowa:

Image result for iowa vs michigan 2016

AGREED!!! I AGREE!!!

35 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Cowboys and Steelers always have a good match up. I like when the boys wear white against the Steelers. Who was banned?

A guy that spent most of his time here calling people names and telling them how stupid they were for having opinions on uniforms that differed from his. He was particularly nasty when people said they liked the Cowboys uniforms. You can learn more about it in the announcements section and the banhammer thread. His initials are D.B. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived