2017-2018 NBA Concepts

dmhtfld

16 hours ago, ethantblack said:

Do the raptors

That's not how this forum works, you're suppose leave constructive criticism in the thread so the creator of the concept can get some new ideas and upgrade upon his work. This is not a request thread and he hasn't stated anywhere that he will take requests, so please follow the rules that you can find here.

As far as the concepts are concerned, I think OKC really needs a white set to pair with the blue one (I like that one better); also I would have to agree with Balu the Bare on the Cavaliers set. All in all, good work! :)

Guest darkpiranha

I like the boldness of these so far.  Keep em coming!

From a presentation standpoint, I'd consider doing something to separate your uniforms from the background a bit more.  Because this template uses the "invisible body" concept, those places where a busy background shows through and around the uniform makes it a bit hard to see and appreciate.  Maybe a layer of semi-transparent white on top of the background?

15 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I like the boldness of these so far.  Keep em coming!

From a presentation standpoint, I'd consider doing something to separate your uniforms from the background a bit more.  Because this template uses the "invisible body" concept, those places where a busy background shows through and around the uniform makes it a bit hard to see and appreciate.  Maybe a layer of semi-transparent white on top of the background?

I agree with darkp here.

The background's cool, but a little overwhelming.

...but keep the big, juicy colours on the unis rolling!

Nice job so far.

I tried to add a little more depth to the image with some smoke and more white over the arena. I ending up doing the white uniform for OKC like requested, along with a navy uniform as well. I also did 4 uniforms for Boston. Next up will be the Bucks.

33384209906_e7faa1b7d9_b.jpg

32581345044_596ce4e86a_b.jpg

Boston

I'm a huge fan of the Celts being as traditional as possible, but I LOVE that black jersey as far as BFBS goes. I would kill for that over their current alternates, along with the bottom two unis. Great job!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

First off, just want to commend you on your design skills from a technical perspective -- it's evident you pay very close attention to detail, your concepts are always well-executed, and the presentation is creative.

A few thoughts on what you have so far:

Cleveland Cavaliers: I'm not a fan of the 'Cleveland' script nor the 'Cavaliers' script....both look a little clunky to me. I'm also not a fan of yellow nor black being so prominent in the Cavaliers' identity. To be honest with you, I think you already just about nailed it with these uniforms. Personally, that's one of my favorite concepts I've seen -- just enough incorporation of previous eras to be consistent with their identity, yet fresh and captivating without being over-the-top.

Oklahoma City Thunder: I much prefer the updated version for their primary home and away uniforms, though the orange as an alternate is my favorite of the bunch. Their uniforms definitely need some retooling, and this is definitely an improvement. One suggestion I have, though, is to work with the sizing and/or spacing of things -- the wordmark, number, and neckline all feel as though they are competing with one another, making a fairly simple jersey still feel a little too busy.

Boston Celtics: I know a lot of people may criticize these on the account that the Boston Celtics would never wear any of them as primary uniforms, and I get that, but this is a very fun concept. The green uniforms are close to their current alternates that I'm not crazy about, and the gold uniforms are a bit too rich for my blood, but both the black uniforms and the white uniforms would instantly become some of my favorite alternates in the League -- they are incredibly clean, with a perfect balance between the green and the gold that makes everything pop. Fantastic job.

Milwaukee Bucks: The absence of white across all four uniforms works well, and the volt is a clever way to reintroduce the Irish rainbow with a touch of modernization. Although the volt alternate is a bit much, I applaud you for not forcing the number between the deer's antlers a la their current black alternates. The rest of the uniforms look very good, though the angling of the Irish rainbow striping irks me -- I'd personally much prefer it to be completely horizontal.

Excellent work, as always! Thanks for sharing -- I'll be looking forward to the rest of your NBA concepts!

5 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

First off, just want to commend you on your design skills from a technical perspective -- it's evident you pay very close attention to detail, your concepts are always well-executed, and the presentation is creative.

A few thoughts on what you have so far:

Cleveland Cavaliers: I'm not a fan of the 'Cleveland' script nor the 'Cavaliers' script....both look a little clunky to me. I'm also not a fan of yellow nor black being so prominent in the Cavaliers' identity. To be honest with you, I think you already just about nailed it with these uniforms. Personally, that's one of my favorite concepts I've seen -- just enough incorporation of previous eras to be consistent with their identity, yet fresh and captivating without being over-the-top.

Oklahoma City Thunder: I much prefer the updated version for their primary home and away uniforms, though the orange as an alternate is my favorite of the bunch. Their uniforms definitely need some retooling, and this is definitely an improvement. One suggestion I have, though, is to work with the sizing and/or spacing of things -- the wordmark, number, and neckline all feel as though they are competing with one another, making a fairly simple jersey still feel a little too busy.

Boston Celtics: I know a lot of people may criticize these on the account that the Boston Celtics would never wear any of them as primary uniforms, and I get that, but this is a very fun concept. The green uniforms are close to their current alternates that I'm not crazy about, and the gold uniforms are a bit too rich for my blood, but both the black uniforms and the white uniforms would instantly become some of my favorite alternates in the League -- they are incredibly clean, with a perfect balance between the green and the gold that makes everything pop. Fantastic job.

Milwaukee Bucks: The absence of white across all four uniforms works well, and the volt is a clever way to reintroduce the Irish rainbow with a touch of modernization. Although the volt alternate is a bit much, I applaud you for not forcing the number between the deer's antlers a la their current black alternates. The rest of the uniforms look very good, though the angling of the Irish rainbow striping irks me -- I'd personally much prefer it to be completely horizontal.

Excellent work, as always! Thanks for sharing -- I'll be looking forward to the rest of your NBA concepts!

Thank you for the detailed CnC. I agree with you about those other Cavs uniforms being pretty close to perfect. I pretty much only created this uniform because about this time every year, cavs fans are bombarding me with emails about doing a new uniform. I had to give the people what they want lol. As for the Thunder, I agree with you on the spacing. I could've arrange it a little better. I am glad you like the Celtics white and black uniform. Its hard making modifications to such a classic look. The Bucks I just wanted to be vibrant. it would probably look better with the stripes being horizontal as you mentioned. 

Coming up next is the Phoenix Suns. No black will be included.

Archived