Personal Logo H11K

H11K

So I was originally going to abstain from posting this, but I could really have another set of eyes look at it.

- Drew Inspiration from mountains clearly

- To Be used as watermark on my photographs and 

work design.

- Uses my initials, HK.

Lemme know what you think!

Primary mark-100.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

8 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

Eh, its ok

Okay but why? Dont waste a a comment on something that Im asking for legit feedback to see what I can do to make it better.

a2BRS8U.png

47 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I like it, especially the colors. It's a solid design, but something feels off. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Still, it looks good.

Heres another version

Logo Set 2-100.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

13 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

It's a solid design, but something feels off. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Still, it looks good.

I read it as an outdoorsy equipment company logo.

The mountain and the HK together dont register as 'oh yea thats a dudes personal mark'. Maybe cause the mountain dominates over the initials...so its the mountains that are the focus, not the designer. The name below the mark helps a bit.

maybe HEATH.K , H.KLEINDIEST, or KLEINDEIST DESIGN to move away from a fashion brand vibe?

Logo is good.... communication is ehhh.

17 hours ago, H11K said:

Okay but why? Dont waste a a comment on something that Im asking for legit feedback to see what I can do to make it better.

Dont mak a coment without using comas and bad speling

AwvgSX4.png

5 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

Okay really? You understand what he's saying, and he was asking why you thought it was "eh, it's ok", don't be a tool about it. 

Overall, it's a nice logo, however, I feel like you could use a different font for the H and the K. While the mountains are pretty sharp, the H and the K are pretty flat IMO.

u3J7jjd.png

Overall a really solid logo. The thing that looks off to me is the K. The bottom leg is long and skinny and the top arm is short and skinny, where as the rest of the K and the H are really fat. I feel like those weights need to be the same. It feels like a gothic font (same thickness throughout) that forgot it is gothic and is trying to become a times font (thick and thin) at the end. Otherwise it is solid. 

24 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

Okay really? You understand what he's saying, and he was asking why you thought it was "eh, it's ok", don't be a tool about it. 

Overall, it's a nice logo, however, I feel like you could use a different font for the H and the K. While the mountains are pretty sharp, the H and the K are pretty flat IMO.

I am not being a tool, I just am criticizing the fact that he did not even read over his response before making it

AwvgSX4.png

3 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

I am not being a tool, I just am criticizing the fact that he did not even read over his response before making it

You still understand what he's saying, and he wants actual criticism on the logo instead of just saying "eh, its okay", so why not just give it?

u3J7jjd.png

Just now, PaperThin said:

You still understand what he's saying, and he wants actual criticism on the logo instead of just saying "eh, its okay", so why not just give it?

I said it because I liked the lettering but thought the mountains were stupid

AwvgSX4.png

23 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

Did you read over this response when you made it? Obviously not. Don't be a hypocrite.

Make*....Spelling*...Comment*, All i asked for was constructive criticism, don't start saying I didn't look over my response

when you had just as many simple errors.

a2BRS8U.png

17 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Overall a really solid logo. The thing that looks off to me is the K. The bottom leg is long and skinny and the top arm is short and skinny, where as the rest of the K and the H are really fat. I feel like those weights need to be the same. It feels like a gothic font (same thickness throughout) that forgot it is gothic and is trying to become a times font (thick and thin) at the end. Otherwise it is solid. 

Yeah, I messed around with the K a lot, couldn't find the right sizing for both legs to keep within the mountain outline.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:53 PM, Chromatic said:

Its a well designed logo. Is there anything particularly mountainous about your subject matter though? I'm not really seeing the connection there.

I think, I just used the mountains cause I really like them haha, and am going to school in Montana in a few months. No real connection, just thought like adding them in there.

a2BRS8U.png

12 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

As for the logo, I like it. Work on the weights of all part of the letters, and I like the mountain idea. However, it feels a bit forced. I'd suggest trying to make the letters mesh into the mountain, or try to make letters part of a new mountain design. 

Im going to re work it a bit once I get Illustrator back up and running.

a2BRS8U.png

On the design side, I think a logo should work well without a wordmark, so if you need to write in your company's name beside your logo, it's time to go back to the drawing board. The design you have is actually really nice, and looks great. I think if you build a good portfolio and identity, it'll work beautifully. Especially if you often do things with the mountains.

Ok, so I just removed a bunch of nonsense from two individuals. Let me make this crystal clear to the two guys involved (you know who you are): Keep. It. On. Topic.

On 3/11/2017 at 1:00 PM, H11K said:

Yeah, I messed around with the K a lot, couldn't find the right sizing for both legs to keep within the mountain outline.

I think, I just used the mountains cause I really like them haha, and am going to school in Montana in a few months. No real connection, just thought like adding them in there.

I get a Coors Light vibe off of the mountains. That's all I think of when I see the logo. Sorry.

It's where I sit.

Archived