Tampa bay lightning

JQK

I like how you went with the light blue instead of the black, but it looks sort of like the coyotes design.  If you added just a little black trim to hold the silver in it would be better, because other wise its this monster light blue thing.  The colors you used makes it good looking, but try something a little more lighting boltish rather than that phoenix look.
signature.gif

The design that you say looks like the coyotes is supposed to be a roman-esq style thunderbolt design (i obviously didn't do a good job on it)

I was thinking about the black trim and i think your right, i'll give it another shot.

As for the logo, i saw the one they used on NHL 2night and the other NHL broadcasts, and i thought "Their logo isin't bad, just take away the text and it's pretty good" And you know what, seeing it on a jersey, i really do like it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The logo is better than most of the Lightning's logos, but there's a lot of dead-space at the top of the circle to the left of the bolt. That kinda bugs me. It reminds me of a guy with a huge forehead in a way.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You could use their secondary logo (currently the shoulder logo), which has the Florida outline with the bolt.  I know, state outlines bad, but it actually looks better than the bolt alone (and miles better than with the script).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That one with the Florida silouette looks....off..looks weird, i don't like that. The plain logo is 150% better than any logo they are using now, and better than most of the concepts made (Especially the one that was registerd on USPTO...

I fixed the jerseys, putting a black outline around the bolts, and i made the bolts a little thinner. I also made the collars on both jersey's black. i think it is an improvement over my original version...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Why does everybody use sky blue for Lightning concepts? The only place they use it is on their website.  On the jerseys, the logos and uniforms use regular dark blue.

That said, I'm not a fan of these.  The pattern looks more like chain links than lightning and the blue is too soft to evoke the power of the name Lightning!  Plus black is a vital part of their color scheme, as much as people like to forget about it and this jersey doesn't seem to have any (except the collar).

Keep it up though.  For every bad design someone has, there is usually some great ones following behind.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Why does everybody use sky blue for Lightning concepts? The only place they use it is on their website.  On the jerseys, the logos and uniforms use regular dark blue.

dark blue? the official designation according to sir Pantone's website  :D  is "hawaii blue" and the RGB is R-0 G-71 B-186

it is actually quite a bright color blue, and a cool one I might add

• LMU locked this topic

Archived