Green Bay Packers uniform tweaks

MilTownMVP

packers_tweak.gif

I realized that whenever I play Madden, I end up using the Packers 1966 throwbacks. So I decided to see how their unis would look if I made a few tweaks like black shoes, early 60's serif numbers, single color collars and sleeve numbers.

I know the retro haters probably won't like it, but they couldn't throw a fit bigger than Green Bay would if the Packers actually went modern.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Im sorry, it's no attack on your concept but the single yellow collar on the Home jerseys instantly reminds me of the cheap $15 Starter brand jerseys I always see when I walk into a ShopKo!

Somebody please tell me they agree! LOL

On a serious note though, I love the Number font that is used on the jerseys! :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Im sorry, it's no attack on your concept but the single yellow collar on the Home jerseys instantly reminds me of the cheap $15 Starter brand jerseys I always see when I walk into a ShopKo!

On a serious note though, I love the Number font that is used on the jerseys! :D

Yeah, it reminds me of the cheap Logo Athletic jersey I have.

I'd perfer to see it as a green collar on the green. Could be green or white on the white.

As for the changes...eh...I dunno about the serifs.

All I wanna see them do is close the striping on the sleeves so it matches the pants and helmet.

Yea... well... we don't have Shopko in Milwaukee so...

Damn you. I USED to think the idea of yellow collars was cool, now all I see is the Shopko cheesiness... thanks a lot. :cursing:

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I wouldnt want those stripes to be closed, I think it looks great. PLus it goes with the dolour scheme if the helmet and pants, Yellow, Green, White, Green, Yellow.

Anyway the collar is ok, but i dont think it would look good on a real jersey. plus i dont like the font.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I'm a lover of all things retro/going back to original uniforms, but I really don't like these. I hate the one-color collar, I think the striped collar they have now is one of the coolest features of their jersey, and it is a dying breed in the NFL. I don't mind the black shoes, but I don't like the number font much, and I think you should have included striped socks, as well as the original thicker sleeve stripes.

I like what you've done except for the Sarif font. For some reason it just reminds me of the Cowboys or Texas.

IMO, a Packer uniform doesn't get much better than this (especially the sleeves and socks):

GreenBay66.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Collar: I would go with either jersey color, or keep the stripe thing.

Stripes: Unfortunately, due to the disappearance of sleeves, sleeve stripes kind of automatically look bad. I would duplicate the sleeve striping on the cuff.

Numbers: Numbers on the sleeve might look better except for the aforementioned sleeve problem, so they probably need to be moved to the shoulders. I can dig the font.

Shoes: Hate black.

Of course, I'm one of these philistines who don't like yellow gold and wouldn't mind green road pants ...

Packers-2.png

I can hardly tell you modified them. :P

I think what the Packers will end up doing one of these days is succumbing (somewhat) to modernization. They'll darken the green a little bit, change the yellow to metallic gold and maybe add black. And add depth to the numbers or something.

I think what the Packers will end up doing one of these days is succumbing (somewhat) to modernization. They'll darken the green a little bit, change the yellow to metallic gold and maybe add black. And add depth to the numbers or something.

Nope, they won't. They'll only tinker, not add black or change to Vegas gold.

On topic - I'm not a fan of the seriff at the top of the four, but dig the rest of the numbers. As has been pointed out, the collar screams ShopKo (Target for you Milwaukee dwellers :D ).

It's where I sit.

Archived