Connecting Old & New Broncos Fans

DLabPG5429

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum in over 2 years. I'm working on a class assignment that asks us to create a brand that appeals to all generations. I decided to pick Denver because if you ever go to (I'm forever calling it) Mile High Stadium, you'll notice there is an internal fan base battle over the new navy and orange color scheme versus the traditional blue and orange from the OG Elway days. I just took some screenshots of the concepts and logo I have created so far because I'm really looking for some C&C on the next steps before I fully turn this into a presentable concept and project. So before I can waste anymore of your time.. Here is my idea. Blend both the Navy and traditional blue into a color scheme that works, evolve the new bronco head with the very famous "D" that has previously been introduced in their most recent Color Rush, and throw in some millennial sprinkles like a mountain and red rocks shadows in the numbering to give everyone a little taste of what they want the Broncos to look like. Again, C&C is very much appreciated!

2rd9axg.png

zssf1u.png

nx0weg.png

99l4ip.png

2qs88rd.png

This would be the Broncos Alternate and "Color Rush"

2v28eh5.png

The Blue Color Rush and Alternate jersey's should design would be based off the City of Denver Flag. I removed the Sun from the jersey because of Nike's swoosh placement in the NFL.

23m4uth.png

Up Close rough mockup featuring Nike's now famous sublimation pattern of Red Rocks Amphitheater. 

Up close, the logo looks incredible. My problem with it is watching on tv, it would look like a big white blob on a helmet. I think if the D was solid orange, the bronco would stand out much more. Then the mountains could just be a sublimation instead of their own color.

Love the color scheme and uniform striping. Not a huge fan of the logo, the horse and mountains being all white seems like it would create a blob from far away, maybe try one or the other inside of the D?

a2BRS8U.png

Love it, definitely think the D looks incomplete, should be all orange, so the white bucking bronco stands out more. I get the idea with the mountains in the background on the D, but it just gets lost at any distance. Otherwise, I love the concept!

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

I like the mountains on the primary logo but I do agree it might be a little bit lost on TV. Maybe if you complete the inside hole of the D under the Bronco and put a royal blue outline on the mountains it could break it up so it stood out a bit more?

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Many of your lines (the horse's mane outlines, the silver stripe on the pants) are very small and would be pretty much invisible on a uniform. I would suggest either thickening them up or removing them altogether. I think that for both the numbers, as well as the pants and helmet, you should limit the stripe to 2-3 colors. Too many and it starts to look cluttered and like the old bills helmets. I don't even think silver needs to be part of the identity at all. Also, there is a lot of white space at the bottom of the primary logo, and it almost doesn't look like a D anymore at a smaller scale. I would suggest filling the whole D to be orange, and finding a different way to differentiate the mountains (a lighter orange perhaps?) Either way, great combination of eras, I always liked the old logo better though.

tinysig.jpg

Archived