MLS Expansion Team | International Miami Team Crest – Home Uniform

Go Red Sox!

It's official now: the city of Miami is getting its own Major League Soccer club in 2020, and Manchester United legend David Beckham will at least be the team's partial owner. This franchise has no official name yet, same goes for the color scheme.

According to a website's poll, a majority has been preferring the name "International Miami" or "Inter Miami". ("Miami United" probably would have been the best choice due to Beckham's belonging to Man U, but there's already a semi-pro soccer team with that very name.)

My crest includes vibrant and loud colors, a combined influence of some Art Deco elements and those typical neon signs one can find at Ocean Drive or elsewhere in and around Miami – and it doesn't include a damn soccer ball!

Hope you like it. And thanks for watching!

dribbble_international_miami_primary_log

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

28 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

The picture isn't showing up mate

Thanks. Long live effing Photobucket, another service that I don't need anymore...

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

First off, yes, that is exactly the name they should use. Second, the general idea of the logo is strong, but the linework is awfully thin even if it's supposed to be neon, and those birds and some other details will disappear once shrunk only slightly.

rATMcmK.png

14 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the neon aesthetic. Well done!

Thanks. Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Whittier S said:

First off, yes, that is exactly the name they should use. Second, the general idea of the logo is strong, but the linework is awfully thin even if it's supposed to be neon, and those birds and some other details will disappear once shrunk only slightly.

Details wouldn't disappear at all, firstly because the color contrast here is really high. Plus, the minimum line weight of this very badge, when being embroidered on a uniform, is 1.55 mm, so I'm still way over the minimum line weight recommended for embroidery, which is around 0.4 mm. And even when the chips are down, one could also slightly increase the line weight of the entire vector file before starting the embroidery process, just like they do it with almost all those detailed logos with finer line weights which get embroidered on hats or uniforms.

beautiful. a fresh and modern look for a league for a league on the up and coming. well done. if you made kits i hope they are similar to the new heat unis, with the pink and "powder?" accents. Great job here, maybe fill in the word miami to make it really pop? well done regardless

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

That is a damn good looking logo. However, I think that it would kind of fall apart on the small-scale application like as a jersey crest. The neon lines would be too small to replicate and stand out like they do here. The logo itself is great, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it'd be applicable like it'd need to be.

Archived