Jump to content

A Dumb Yank's Take on Football.


IceInMyVeins
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here marks the start of my journey through "the Beautiful Game". I will go one league at a time, I will design based off my own personal preference and historical accuracy, keep the feedback more helpful and less bashful. 

 

I will start in the Prem with Arsenal and  go on through the league in order.

 

Arsenal

eVZmiRF.png

WmWTGTv.png

IRyJ237.png

Home: For the first kit I went with the traditional red shirt with white sleeves for obvious reasons. I finish up the main look with the standard white shorts and red socks.

Away: The second kit is reminiscent of the second kit from the 2014-15 season. This is one my favorite EPL kits so it had to make it in for Arsenal.

Clash: The change kit a simple white shirt with red shorts and slightly different red socks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up is Bournemouth.

 

MxNUwMJ.png

wu5illb.png

hhOuiRv.png

Home: The home kit is The basic black and red stripes on the top, with black shorts and socks.

Away: Bournemouth have had a double blue away kit for a few years now and I decided to continue this as I think it's a solid look.

Clash: I took inspiration from the white shirt with a sash from the past, but in my take, I rotate the sash and make it the gold from the badge instead of the black and red.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Really like the Gunners. Great work there. Bournemouth is good as well. In terms of execution, the name and number need to be higher up and arched, like a baseball jersey. Other than that, no complaints from me.

Thank you, I will work on the name and # in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, C-Reezy1000 said:

Next up is Bournemouth.

 

MxNUwMJ.png

wu5illb.png

hhOuiRv.png

Home: The home kit is The basic black and red stripes on the top, with black shorts and socks.

Away: Bournemouth have had a double blue away kit for a few years now and I decided to continue this as I think it's a solid look.

Clash: I took inspiration from the white shirt with a sash from the past, but in my take, I rotate the sash and make it the gold from the badge instead of the black and red.

 

I would of gone with their 2010-11 kit minus the red for Bournemouth's third.

 

Have a look at this site for all the historical kits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liking the basics behind everything so far. Only qualm would be the white socks on the Arsenal away kit -- there's so little white on the shirt and shorts that it's kind of jarring to have such a big swath of white with the socks. 

 

Be sure to pay attention to details. Make sure the names and numbers on the backs of the kits are centered properly. And don't forget crests and numbers on the front of the shorts as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brighton:

SPmRbKY.png

zlFaodL.png

afqiDtg.png

Home: Blue shirt and shorts with white socks, standard look for Brighton. I chose one big stripe with a smaller stripe to the left and right of it. 

Away: Pretty much the current away shirt. The only changes are the yellow from the badge instead of volt, white shorts and swapping black for white.

Clash: Red Shirt with black sleeves similar look to previous designs. Finished up with black shorts and red socks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burnley:

4Jpuiue.png

1LaHsoO.png

eUR9J7v.png

Home: Claret shirt with very subtle tonal hoops along with blue trim. The rest is summed up by white shorts and socks.

Away: All black with mostly claret trim. The best part of this kit is the way the blue and white pop against the black.

Clash: The third kit is mostly the current kit minus the claret which brings the blue into more prominent role. The socks become light blue as a result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chelsea:

B0b8ojf.png

exHaG05.png

nzNSmS6.png

Home: Basic blue shirt and shorts for the Blues along with white socks.

Away: All white with blue trim. Almost a reverse of the first choice.

Clash: Black shirt and socks, with blue and white trim. Blue shorts with the white side stripe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crystal Palace:

y2CuFFV.png

jnJa5G2.png

9UdYaux.png

Home: Blue and red stripes with white outline. Simple as it comes.

Away: More or less the current away strip. Made the horizontal stripes larger and further up.

Clash: White shirt with the map of South London sublimated onto the sleeves. Red shorts and socks.

Edited by C-Reezy1000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now for Huddersfield Town,

WsxmOhu.png

uHJvIx9.png

DzU8rnD.png

Home: Once more didn't stray too far away from away from tradition, going with white and blue stripes.

Away: Instead of red and black hoops they currently have, I chose gray and red stripes in the home style.

Clash: Went back to yellow and black of years past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2018 at 6:22 PM, C-Reezy1000 said:

Chelsea:

B0b8ojf.png

exHaG05.png

nzNSmS6.png

Home: Basic blue shirt and shorts for the Blues along with white socks.

Away: All white with blue trim. Almost a reverse of the first choice.

Clash: Black shirt and socks, with blue and white trim. Blue shorts with the white side stripe.

As a Chelsea supporter in the US, I love your idea behind this thread. That said, I think the home kit needs to use white trim where the dark blue trim is on the shorts and the side seam of the top. Make it and the Away true reversals. I like the idea behind the Clash kit, but if the home shorts had the white stripe, these should have it in black, with removing the white from the sides of the top too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

As a Chelsea supporter in the US, I love your idea behind this thread. That said, I think the home kit needs to use white trim where the dark blue trim is on the shorts and the side seam of the top. Make it and the Away true reversals. I like the idea behind the Clash kit, but if the home shorts had the white stripe, these should have it in black, with removing the white from the sides of the top too.

Updated Chelsea:

RFUmPkq.png

exHaG05.png

LCpVbee.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.