NAME: Bruins

YEAR: 1970

Reason: 35th anniversary of championship

NAME: Sabres

REASON: 35th anniversary

NAME: Canadiens

YEAR: 1910, 1930, 1960, & 1965

REASON: 95th anniversary of team, 75th anniversary of championship, 45th anniversary of championship, & 40th anniversary of championship

NAME: Blue Jackets

YEAR: 2000

REASON: 5th anniversary

NAME: Red Wings

YEAR: 1950 & 1955

Reason: 55th anniversary of championship & 50th anniversary of championship

NAME: Flames

YEAR: 1980

REASON: 25th anniversary

NAME: Flyers

YEAR: 1975

REASON: 30th anniversary of championship

NAME: Maple Leafs

YEAR: 1945

REASON: 60th anniversary of championship

NAME: Avalanche

YEAR: 1995

REASON: 10th anniversary

NAME: Senators

YEAR: 1915 & 1920

REASON: 90th anniversary of championship & 85th anniversary of championship

NAME: Wild

REASON: 5th anniversary

NAME: Canucks

REASON: 35th anniversary

NHL VINTAGE PROGRAM 2004-05

NAME: Devils

REASON: 5th anniversary of championship

I don't know about a throwback, but I'm sure they'll have some kind of a patch commemorating their inaugural season in Trenton.

:rolleyes:

Devils play in Trenton?

Who the hell have i been watching in East Rutherford all my life?!?!?!?!?!

I feel cheated... used.... unclean...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Haha, if Montreal had an anniversary patch for a championship, they'd have one every year...I'm serious.

naw, just do one for each decade they've won the cup in, cut the number down to about 9 B)

if it's the anniversary of a significant Stanley CUp in NHL history, say like the Canadiens 5th consecutive Cup win, then it wouldn't of hte question ofor the team to have a promotion in Montreal at home games, or to use throwback uniforms, but patches would be abit much

Why would anyone celebrate the anniversary of a championship? I can understand a retrospective on the occasion, but not an actual celebration.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I could see a first championship--or maybe a true dynasty one (as in the Habs comemorating their 5 and 4 in a row years or the Isles their 4 in a row).

That's a bit of overkill...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Why would anyone celebrate the anniversary of a championship? I can understand a retrospective on the occasion, but not an actual celebration.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Hey, if my team had ever won a Cup, I'd celebrate every year.

My LA Kings: Zero and counting...

....damn you, Marty McSorley.... :evil:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I really doubt if the Blue Jacks and Wild will do an anniversary vintage uniform since they've has the same uni for the last five years, ditto Colorado for their tenth, patches would be more of the order of the day for those three. The Red Wings though might go with their "barber pole" unis from thew 1920's with "DETROIT" across the front, and the Blackhawks may go with their 1940's uni as well, both of which were worn in 1991-92 for the NHL's 75th Anniversary Season.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

NHL VINTAGE PROGRAM 2004-05

NAME: Devils

REASON: 5th anniversary of championship

Well, the Devils don't play in Trenton. They play in East Rutherford at the Meadowlands. Also, it wouldn't be a throwback jersey as they still wear those jersey's. Third, why would they celebrate the 5th anniversary of their 2nd championship. It will be 10 years since thier first Cup and they aren't celebrating that. Finally, as has been stated many time before they Devils will never wear a jersey outside of thier home and road as long a Lou Lamoriello runs the team. He has said that alternates and throwbacks are quote "unprofessional" and that the Devils will never take part in those as long as he is in charge. And I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

Also, the Islanders don't play in NYC they play in Uniondale which is on Long Island, hint the name Islanders.

He has said that alternates and throwbacks are quote "unprofessional" and that the Devils will never take part in those as long as he is in charge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, do I wish this guy owned/ran the Bruins organization. I like his way of thinking!

Archived