Nike NHL - 2/17 Bruins heritage 2 added

Kevin W.

I've now updated every single team's primaries that were already posted, except for Florida because they have their patches where the numbers are, so it's a little bit of a different process.

As for teams that haven't had their primaries posted:

• Arizona Coyotes: working on finding their shoulder patch in an SVG.
  • Calgary Flames: working on finding their name/number font.
  • Colorado Avalanche: working on finding their name/number font.
  • San Jose Sharks: working on finding their shoulder patches in SVGs and name/number font.
  • Vegas Golden Knights: working on finding their name/number font.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Anaheim Ducks - Heritage

x1AN4Hw.png

Since the project takes the Ducks back to their original look and they've already rehashed the Wild Wing for their Reverse Retros, this was a natural choice since the Ducks were the first team to wear more than one alternate in a season - AFAIK the Islanders didn't technically treat the Wave jerseys as alternates the previous season.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 1/6 Ducks Heritage added

Calgary Flames

CfBjy2f.png

So after thinking it over for a few days, I had some thoughts about Calgary's font. Because this look is derivative of their early 2000s look, I really wanted to use the proper font for it, but I've always thought that the non-italicized version from the first Adidas jerseys looked better. However, I've really decided that these just look better with a block font. Also, of all of the fonts that I'm missing for this project, Calgary's is the least likely for me to find a facsimile of. So therefore, I've gone with the same block font they have on their Heritage jerseys.
  • Like 2

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 1/15 Flames, Oilers and Islanders heritage updated

Seattle Kraken - Crossover

I3OMaGz.png

Alright, so with Nike having the exclusive contracts for the NFL, NBA and MLB, there are a lot of teams that, in the universe of this concept series, share both a city and uniform manufacturer with an NHL team. Thus, in said universe, Nike decides to launch the Crossover Series, which gives the NHL teams looks that pay tribute to their fellow teams. Obviously not every team will have a Crossover jersey, just like how not every team will have a Heritage jersey. I may also include MLS even though they're not a Nike league because that will give me additional opportunities, especially since there are at least a couple of NHL teams that only share a city with MLS teams. Also, because this is specifically celebrating the other teams in the cities, it will be home jerseys only, unlike the primaries, alternates and Heritage.

Seattle's gives them the Seahawks' colors and they look very good in the blue and gray.

• Like 5

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 1/15 Update to new version of template completed, Kraken Crossover added

Colorado Avalanche

82EvPVT.png

I finally have a satisfactory font substitute for Colorado. This is probably as close as I'm going to get to the real thing without stealing the NHL's intellectual property. The font isn't an exact match but it's pretty damn close. Also, yes, I know, the nameplate is too small - it's the best I can do to make it look halfway decent with my current resources.
  • Like 1

Vegas Golden Knights

8LUxZ6L.png

• Like 2

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 1/17 Avalanche and Golden Knights added

No, it’s not, but I know exactly how that happened. Let me fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...

New York Islanders - Alternate

dMRUAr3.png

This was bringing my teal-ified versions of the Islanders' alternates on the original template to the new template. Not much has changed.

• Like 1

Buffalo Sabres - Alternate

L6a3SXA.png

The Sabres' look pays tribute to the early 2000s butterknives alternate since that is already in use as the secondary logo on their primary jerseys. Also, I've updated their nameplate font on all four of their jerseys since I realized that I've been using the Buffaslug font this whole time.

• Like 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 1/31 Sabres and Islanders alternates added

Pittsburgh Penguins - Heritage

12NDX9e.png

This one was easy. The Penguins have brought back both of these looks IRL in some way recently while the RoboPen is already a part of the team's permanent look in-series.

• Like 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 2/8 Penguins Heritage added
  • 1 month later...

Arizona Coyotes

ZAPi2Eh.png

Not much to report here. Why mess with perfection?

• Like 3

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 3/16 Coyotes added
  • 1 month later...

Winnipeg Jets - Alternate

JETr5mk.png

This one pays tribute to the original franchise. I may yet add a Jets Heritage set as well.

• Like 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 4/22 Jets alternates added
  • 2 weeks later...

San Jose Sharks

eKgnvLG.png

With thanks to @Lumbergh for an assist on the shoulder logos. This now completes 32/32 primaries!

• Like 3

Arizona Coyotes - Alternates

d5ZRi4i.png

I decided to lean a bit more heavily into the turquoise with this one and brought back both the howling coyote and the pattern that was on the Coyotes' collar in their first Adidas jerseys.

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 5/1 Sharks primaries, Coyotes alternates added
13 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Arizona Coyotes - Alternates

d5ZRi4i.png

I decided to lean a bit more heavily into the turquoise with this one and brought back both the howling coyote and the pattern that was on the Coyotes' collar in their first Adidas jerseys.

I really like the teal in this. It connects the Coyotes with the D-backs without going too overboard or taking anything away from their own identity. I think an otherwise bland logo benefits from having so much going on with the sweater.

• Like 1

Los Angeles Kings - Alternate

Pyg45wb.png

This one takes cues from a few different eras.

• Like 3

Edmonton Oilers - Alternate

I3jN1aY.png

Is this a shameless ripoff of this year's Reverse Retro? Yes. Yes it is.

• Like 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 5/4 King, Oilers alternates added

Colorado Avalanche - Heritage

vxIrgG8.png

The Avs' RR1.0 was awesome but I decided to make my version a little bit more true to the original color scheme.

• Like 2