AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

This might be the final nail in the coffin for nearby Peoria. The arena management wants to get rid of the team and the fans had to fight like hell just to have a season this year/get a new ice plant. The management still hasn't purchased the new ice plant and have scheduled events for this summer (the plan was for the installation to take place this summer). Having a Coast team less than 40 miles away might just do them in should the arena renovations not actually happen.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I enjoyed Peoria in the AHL. It was a good affiliate location for St. Louis, and having them in the league felt like getting away with something. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, CC97 said:

The OHL's Peterborough Petes unveiled and then promptly wore these terribly uninspired all-black alternate uniforms tonight 

spacer.png

There is zero contrast on these things. What could've possibly inspired them to make these?
I don't hate the idea, but at least have one other color

• Like 1

I don't like the phantom yoke either but the colors are spectacular. There's never a reason for the Calgary Hitmen not to wear pink and black. It's theirs and theirs alone (well, and Bret's, but).

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the phantom yoke either but it needs something pink around the shoulders to maintain balance. They just needed it to workshop it a little more. Maybe something resembling the epaulets Bret had on his ring jacket?? 😄

9 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the phantom yoke either but it needs something pink around the shoulders to maintain balance. They just needed it to workshop it a little more. Maybe something resembling the epaulets Bret had on his ring jacket?? 😄

I think just a solid pink yoke would be fine, honestly, maybe with a thin white outline to match the flames on the sleeves. I think making it look like epaulets would make the design a little too busy between those two elements.

• Like 1

I recall Brampton being an even bigger flop in the OHL than Mississauga was. Well, one way or the other, a suburban arena is going to waste.

I mean its a 10-15 minute, 11.5km (7 mi) relocation. Thats less than what the Cincinnati Cyclones did in 1997 when they moved from the Cincinnati Gardens to the Coliseum downtown. If the fans truly love the team they will follow

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank