Cowboys get new stadium approval.

the_cynic

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What's wrong with Texas Stadium??

Yeesh....3/4s of a billion dollars for a football stadium. If I were a Texan, I wouldn't want to help pay for that.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Well it was Reliant Stadium that got Jerry Jones salivating for a new retractable roof stadium. He's not going to get a Super Bowl in that dump.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Well it was Reliant Stadium that got Jerry Jones salivating for a new retractable roof stadium. He's not going to get a Super Bowl in that dump.

Good point.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Cowboys need a new stadium like I need a fluffing hole in the head.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"The Cowboys need a new stadium like I need a fluffing hole in the head."

"If I were you I'd reconsider that need for a hole.

"Surely, I jest." :P

You had better be jesting for I loathe the Cowboys like lots of others here.

Only 75,000 seats? I thought Jerry Jones wanted 100,000. Oh goodie another football team gets a new stadium before the 49ers. WAKE UP JOHN DORK I MEAN YORK AND THE CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Government paid stadiums are scams. Jerry Jones owns the SECOND MOST VALUABLE TEAM IN AMERICA. I think he can afford his own stadium. <_<

That may be true, but government funded stadiums aren't anything new. I would bet that 95% of stadiums in history have been built with government funds. I know in baseball alone there have been only 3 stadiums built with private money in history. Dodger Stadium, Yankee Stadium and the park the Giants play in (whatever it's called now).

Only 75,000 seats? I thought Jerry Jones wanted 100,000. Oh goodie another football team gets a new stadium before the 49ers. WAKE UP JOHN DORK I MEAN YORK AND THE CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO!

49ers and Vikings are gonna be the lsat 2 to get new stadiums probably :evil:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Most of you are saying the Cowboys dont need a new stadium and on and on and on,and I understand the Cowboys are'nt the most popular team here,but take it from someone who HAS ACTUALLY BEEN TO TEXAS STADIUM IN THE LAST YEAR

the are in serious need of a new one.It's 33 years old and it shows.Seeing a stadium on TV is one thing and on TV it looks like a shiny palace,but actually being there and walking through it,sitting in old metal seats the style of which are long obsolete,and many many other things I dont care to go on about would give you guys a whole new perspective on it.Hate the Cowboys or not,they desperately need a new facility.Puckguy I sympathize with you because John York is so ho-hum about getting anything done there its ridiculous.San Fran is a fantastic city and deserves a football cathedral to rival the former Pac Bell Park,and its ashamed they dont have one.I bet all of you Cowboy nay-sayers' teams all have fairly new parks UNLESS you root for the Vikings or 49ers,and maybe I guess the

Jets and Giants although that will be fixed soon as well.Like them or not the Cowboys are one of THE premier franchises in all of sports and they should have the stadium to show for it.

98Falcons.png

The cowboys are need of a new stadium. The reason the owners don't have to pay for the new stadium is because the citizens approve the bonds for a new stadium. Therefore the owners don't have to pay for it.

In any case,

GO TEXANS! :notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Shouldn't Jerry Jones :puke: cough up his own $$$ to build a new stadium in Arlington, Irving or Dallas, hmmmmm?

Despite my dislike for the Cowboys as a team, I've always admired JJ's business accumen. It looks like, if this passes the voters muster, he'll have a top notch facility.

And don't cry for the city of Arlington, guys: the 5% of the naming rights deal alone will likely result in them receiving around $ 1.5 - 2 million a year... if memory serves, Reliant coughed up something like $30 million a year for its naming rights deal with the Texans. Add $ 2 mil a year in rent plus parts of certain other revenue streams, and trust me, they'll get the money back.

Just imagine what someone like Nike would pay the Cowboys for the rights to a new facility. The competition will be fierce, because love 'em or hate 'em, the Cowboys brand is the second most powerful in all of North American sports.

nav-logo.png

Archived