MLS | Montreal Impact Brand Refresh

Go Red Sox!

Thanks to all of you. Much appreciated.

20 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

The new logo evokes speed and agility.  It looks faster and lighter.  I love it.

Thanks a lot.

That was actually the main reason why I've revised the badge in the first place: it's looking clumsy because of that very thick three-dimensional border (especially the top of it). Plus, that ribbon around it doesn't make it any better.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is very nice.  Upgrades with the typeface are good, cleaning up the shape helped a ton, and creating a better hierarchy with the various design elements really helps balance the whole thing.  I also appreciate the slightly lighter blue color.  The dark blue and black in their current logo has always been an issue for me.

Really, really nice! Huge upgrade! Great job!

A few thoughts:

• I'm not sure you need the "FC" in there... it might be a cleaner look without it?
  • The leading on the bolder text feels a little tight... If you could find a way to give the text a little more room to breathe on the black banner (whether by expanding the banner vertically or shrinking the fonts size while increasing the tracking) it might be a little easier to read
  • How difficult would it be to have the left and right points of the fleur-de-lis end on the intersection of the blue and black stripes and not randomly inside the black stripe? It's just a little awkward at the moment.
  • Perhaps you don't need the third shade of darker silver on the outer-most stroke? I understand that maybe you don't want to use the white or light silver so that you don't upset the split-shading, so maybe you can use blue instead? I don't know, just a thought.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:47 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I like it, I wish you'd have kept the shape of the current shield, but otherwise, I love the changes.

The "Arsenal" shield has been used so often to the point of coming off cliched and amatuerish.  I actually welcome a return to proper shields.

Archived