baseball unis from the olympics

IronChefShark

have you guys seen some of these things?

51086582NL003_BBO_CUB_AUS.jpg

51086582NL010_BBO_ITA_JPN.jpg

I know we have aussies on this board, but even you guys gotta admit that these are atrocious

51086582NL001_BBO_CUB_AUS.jpg

japan's arent all bad, but the extra spaced out pinstripes are awkward. and they would look much better with black shoes rather then white

51086703JS008_BBO_JPN_C(2).jpg

ok, the netherlands unis are tolerable. there are quite a few of us here who do like orange afterall.

51086654DM003_BBO_NED_ITA.jpg

here are IMO the two best looking baseball unis in these olympics. Grecce and Canada

51086654IW008_BBO_GrVCan.jpg

and TAIWAN'S (China should just let them call themselves thier real name rather then always forcing the "Chinese Taipei" moniker on them) are tolerable as well.

51086605MD002_BBO_AUS_TPE.jpg

I like the Canadian and Greek unforms. Very classy..... and what's the point of calling Taiwan "Chinese Taipei" anyways? You might as well call Hong Kong "Chinese whatever"? what about Macau? :D

Oh! This just in Australia beat Japan 1-0 in the semi-final. :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

but thank you Canada for showing these other countries what a baseball uniform should look like :flagcanada:

51086728EZ011_BBO_CAN_CUB.jpg

too bad team USA had to embarass themselves by not qualifying to play THE NATIONAL PASTIME in the olympics! :cursing:

Not to dig this up too much, but I don't reallly call winning every game in your qualifier except one (yes the one that counted...), then losing by one run to Mexico "embarrassing." Disapointing yes...embarasssing no. They didn't make it, but they are far from embarrassing. They at least lost to a good team....

U.S. Basketball on the other hand....

and what's the point of calling Taiwan "Chinese Taipei" anyways?

political reasons. China sees Taiwan as a separatist province and doesnt officialy recognized them as an independant country. Taiwan ......oh sorry, CHINESE TAIPEI....cant even march in the opening ceremonies under thier own flag. They compete under the flag of the Taiwanese Olympic Comittee.

yeah, its rediculous. but what could ya do?

and what's the point of calling Taiwan "Chinese Taipei" anyways?

political reasons. China sees Taiwan as a separatist province and doesnt officialy recognized them as an independant country. Taiwan ......oh sorry, CHINESE TAIPEI....cant even march in the opening ceremonies under thier own flag. They compete under the flag of the Taiwanese Olympic Comittee.

yeah, its rediculous. but what could ya do?

(It was more of a rhetorical question) but my respone to the reason: Figures that China would do that. Do you know case of Hong Kong then?

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm a proud Aussie, and I just don't like the baseball uniforms.

(They will grow on me real quick if we win the next game though)

The grey just doesn't go with the teal green or bright yellow we seem to have adopted as our sporting colours.

Oakland seem to get Green and Gold looking OK, maybe we should have done something similar in regard to colour at least.

The best thing I can say about the Aussie baseballer there is he's wearing Mizuno shoes, which looks like a Kangaroo logo.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Canada and Greece by far have the best unis out there, and australia has nice hats, but my god whats up with the random neon yellow stripes everywhere?nasty

anyway im really liking canada's hats too think ill go out and get me one...

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The stripes on Japan's unis look like htey would be more at home on a soccer/football uniform than a baseball uniform.

I'm looking for one of those Canada uniforms, they did do a good job, and it is a shame that the US didn't qualify a team. it would have been interesting to see what players would have been allowed to go by their teams had the States made it

go boys go! :flagcanada:

I really like the Canadian ones--and am considering searching for one to buy--now to get the red or the white...

And I too like Italy's they're quite nice...I like the combo of the colours and stripes...

When I saw Australia on the highlights I thought--why are they showing 1970's Oakland A's footage... (but I could be remembering wrong)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

in fact, I think the logo for this website would make a great hat logo for the Canadian baseball team

Good idea, but the bottom of the logo would need to be tweaked a bit because it resembles a star (to me anyways).

As for the Australia/1970's Oakland A's reference, if you look at their helmets they have the 'A' logo minus the ('s) So I guess Stampman, you're half right. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I was watching the Japan vs. Canada game last night and noticed that the Japan's pinstripes are actually two pinstripes really close together. Whoever said they look like soccer uniform material hit it right onthe nose! And whats with the flat color on their helmets? Looks very "T-ball" to me.

Dig the Greek baseball uniforms. Canada would probably be my second choice. I don't know who manufactured Italy's uniforms, but it looks like a Diadora soccer top with baseball pants. Not a fan of Italy's uniforms.

Speaking of Olympics uniforms, have you seen the Spanish basketball team? What's up with all those wacky lines in all different colors? I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to basketball uniforms, I guess. I don't even like ours from the States. I liked the original Dream Team's design, but would've just put "USA" across the chest like these new ones.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Archived