Cleveland Browns Baseball Hat

hutchins75

I wanted to try to create a Cleveland Browns Baseball Hat.  A hat that might pass as a baseball team hat and not a goofy NFL or minor league hat.

The logo-less Browns make for an interesting problem.  The colors, stripes, etc being their real identity. (2 versions - piping and no piping)

spacer.png

8 hours ago, appleclock said:

The shield is also sorta the shape of Ohio—not super literally, but I get that vibe, especially in reference to the Cleveland Barons logo.

I starting seeing that as I went on but wasn’t sure how far to take it.  Maybe it’ll be a later study.

Maybe a solid red C but get rid of the inner home-plate shape and just have the white stripe touch the C, and get rid of the orange stripe on the right?  It'd still keep the same effect and maybe look closer to what a MLB cap would look like.  Also, the piping is too '40s/'50s for a current cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, hutchins75 said:

I didn’t use a template.  Just autocad and photoshop.  I’m new to this so I’m not sure what all is available.

you designed the logo in autocad? curious because that seems strange to me as most people would go straight to photoshop for it all

12 hours ago, tjs11 said:

you designed the logo in autocad? curious because that seems strange to me as most people would go straight to photoshop for it all

I’m an architect so that is a familiar process: Drawing in cad, then saving it as a pdf and working on it in photoshop.

10 hours ago, hutchins75 said:

I’m an architect so that is a familiar process: Drawing in cad, then saving it as a pdf and working on it in photoshop.

gotcha! I work in cad too but just have never used it for a graphic logo. Normally draw in a different program and import it into cad. maybe I'll try it your way some time!

Archived