Arena Football News & Updates

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Sounds like a well-needed revolt. At this point it's just about getting through the rest of this season with as many games played as possible to raise revenue for all this season's costs and fulfill any sponsorship requirements. And then deal with it for next year where they're all headed.

• Like 3

Bad tweets killed the Minnesota Myth, definitely not the whole "not paying any of the employees" thing.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have never seen a coup in any sort of league before and I never thought that if I did that I'd be glad it happened. Expectations have absolutely been shattered. Hopefully things improve from here. 

• Like 3

Should go with:

American:

Albany

Nashville

Orlando

Billings

Washington

National:

Rapid City

Salina

SW Kansas

Wichita

West Texas

Only tough split is that Billings and Rapid City would be better closer together for any future schedule adjustments. But it would be wise to keep the smaller central teams lumped together. Washington has to travel far no matter what. And RC to Kansas isn't a bad drive if they opt for busses over flights which would make sense for a minor league level stature most of these teams in the middle are. Billings is at least trying to play up the AFL positioning. And Albany, Nashville, and Orlando are obvious ones to help promote as 'major league'. Washington is simply a byproduct of their need to fly most everywhere makes them prime to be in that group.

26 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Should go with:

American:

Albany

Nashville

Orlando

Billings

Washington

National:

Rapid City

Salina

SW Kansas

Wichita

West Texas

Only tough split is that Billings and Rapid City would be better closer together for any future schedule adjustments. But it would be wise to keep the smaller central teams lumped together. Washington has to travel far no matter what. And RC to Kansas isn't a bad drive if they opt for busses over flights which would make sense for a minor league level stature most of these teams in the middle are. Billings is at least trying to play up the AFL positioning. And Albany, Nashville, and Orlando are obvious ones to help promote as 'major league'. Washington is simply a byproduct of their need to fly most everywhere makes them prime to be in that group.

It's crazy that this league have 16 teams by Week 1 and then lose 6 teams in just 3 weeks.

Should've never started 16 in the first place... Do you imagine if a spring football league started their 1st year with 16 teams?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

"This league is good. We're looking forward to continuing and finishing the season." 

Well, judging how the league handling payment, teams folding, and the product looks so bush league. I doubt it 101%.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

I have never seen a coup in any sort of league before and I never thought that if I did that I'd be glad it happened. Expectations have absolutely been shattered. Hopefully things improve from here. 

2007 NIFL had something similar. About 7 of the independently owned teams broke away from the 17 or so league owned teams to finish the season away from the NIFL and the league collapsed midseason.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

57 minutes ago, TheAnt755 said:

It's crazy that this league have 16 teams by Week 1 and then lose 6 teams in just 3 weeks.

Should've never started 16 in the first place... Do you imagine if a spring football league started their 1st year with 16 teams?

The biggest issue this league faced was self-inflicted. By stating '16 teams' from the Day 1 announcement, they went with so many under-funded halfass teams rather than just going with the handful of well-funded teams that are making a legitimate attempt at it.

• Like 2

I eagerly anticipate Lee Hutton releasing a statement reasserting himself as the true commissioner of the AFL, along with his own  roster of active franchises and weekly schedule. Give me an Indoor Football Antipope!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.