Arena Football News & Updates

Salina will now play at Nashville this weekend, instead of at Oregon. Minnesotas home game against Albany has been moved to Albany due to the Timberwolves playoff game.

Signature intentionally left blank

17 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Salina will now play at Nashville this weekend, instead of at Oregon. Minnesotas home game against Albany has been moved to Albany due to the Timberwolves playoff game.

Oregon now has a new opponent. Instead of hosting Salina this weekend, Oregon will now travel to Washington.

On 5/2/2024 at 3:26 PM, Sodboy13 said:

*ding* And with that, our AFL extinction tote board ticks down to 15 after one weekend of action. Still plenty of time until Saturday, so watch this space!

*ding* *ding* *ding* And we are down to 12 heading into Week Three, with the Soul kaput, West Texas legally barred from playing, and this from the quarterback of the Georgia Force:

The Georgia Force has officially folded and the Arena Football League has yet to pay me or my teammates salaries for the first two games we played in. I personally have spent money to make sure my teammates can eat. And have run out of money that affects me going to another team out of state. A few of my teammates are now stranded in the team hotel and need to be out by Saturday. I will do what I can to help them. But I am now a free agent looking for a new home. There is more I can say, but I would like to continue to be a professional in all senses.

Other fun financials:

Some of the teams that jumped into the AFL and got players to sign for that promise of $1,000 per game are now telling those players it's actually $230 per game, because the money from the league is clearly never arriving.

Some games last weekend were played with non-league footballs, because the official AFL balls were allegedly crap quality and the league wanted to charge teams $240 per ball for them.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

26 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Just reiterating... They plan to return. To what though

And I plan on dating ... some hot young actress

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Just reiterating... They plan to return. To what though

The Chicago Rush already announced back in the spring of 2023 that they would be taking a pause before beginning play (in Rockford) in 2025. We got ourselves two teams committed for next season!

• Like 2

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NAL and West Texas have reached a settlement allowing the Desert Hawks to remain in the Arena Football League. Although the way the AFL is going, I would have gone back to the NAL.

On 5/10/2024 at 8:52 PM, Dilbert said:

The NAL and West Texas have reached a settlement allowing the Desert Hawks to remain in the Arena Football League. Although the way the AFL is going, I would have gone back to the NAL.

They'll probably be back there next season. 

On 5/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:

The Chicago Rush already announced back in the spring of 2023 that they would be taking a pause before beginning play (in Rockford) in 2025. We got ourselves two teams committed for next season!

I forgot they were even a thing. I think if they're lucky, the AFL might have 10 working teams next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/9/2024 at 10:03 PM, Sodboy13 said:

*ding* *ding* *ding* And we are down to 12 heading into Week Three, with the Soul kaput, West Texas legally barred from playing, and this from the quarterback of the Georgia Force:

Well, for our Saturday evening update, we have to figure out how to un-ring a bell, because West Texas is apparently one of the few entities in this operation that actually has money. They found enough of it that the NAL was willing to grant them the release, so they're back and have announced they're playing Washington... Except, uh, Oregon is already playing Washington. Ah well, should sort itself out.

And *ding* *ding* it's back down to 11 as Minnesota lacks the capacity/capital to travel for a road game, and Rapid City had to forfeit their game hosting Billings tonight due to a pregame player mutiny. Rapid City was reportedly one of the "We can't pay you $1,000 because this league is broke as hell, how about $230?" teams, so I guess that proposal didn't take.

Standing by the bell as it is possible Louisiana and/or Oregon will fold by the time I finish this post.

28 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They'll probably be back there next season. 

I forgot they were even a thing. I think if they're lucky, the AFL might have 10 working teams next year.

A few teams might get so fed up that they will want to join the IFL.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

A few teams might get so fed up that they will want to join the IFL.  

I'd agree with that. I'd think Orlando would want to join just to make a move to the more stable league. West Texas might too, if they don't go back to the NAL, which is really not much of a change. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/21/2024 at 12:20 PM, Frylock said:

Sadly, I am inclined to agree. If the Blackbears complete more than 3 consecutive regular season games, I will be shocked. 

spacer.png

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg