Arena Football News & Updates

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This is the most spring footballed thing that ever spring footballed.

12 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Spring football would be a polite way of putting it. This is straight-up carnie nonsense. 

underneath-it-all-v0-v7cz3v0wc7yc1.jpeg?

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I said Lee Hutton is going to need good lawyers, but after reading his Twitter profile, I can say he is definitely the kind of guy who will represent himself at trial.

This is AAF x MLFB+the last season of the UFL 2009 levels of grifting. At this pace the NAL won't have to worry about blocking the Desert Hawks because the league will be dead by June. 

the-facade-just-keeps-going-v0-waizqyaz0

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

UFL should just absorb the remaining AFL teams and convert them to standard football

Who wants to play in Salina, Kansas? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

underneath-it-all-v0-v7cz3v0wc7yc1.jpeg?

This is AAF x MLFB+the last season of the UFL 2009 levels of grifting. At this pace the NAL won't have to worry about blocking the Desert Hawks because the league will be dead by June. 

the-facade-just-keeps-going-v0-waizqyaz0

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

UFL should just absorb the remaining AFL teams and convert them to standard football

I know this post is supposed to be a joke but I thought an idea for the new teams...

Minnesota Myth:

Huntington Bank Stadium (50K) or Allianz Field (almost 20K)

Nashville Kats:

Geodis Park (30K)

Georgia Force (now called Atlanta Force) :

Center Parc Stadium (almost 25K)

Louisana VooDoo (now called New Orleans VooDoo:

Yulman Stadium (30K)

Washington Wolfpack (now called Portland Wolfpack):

Providence Park (25K)

I thought I picked Portland since UFL has the Seattle Sea Dragons and they wanted a team there.

And that's my idea.

43 minutes ago, TheAnt755 said:

I know this post is supposed to be a joke but I thought an idea for the new teams...

Minnesota Myth:

Huntington Bank Stadium (50K) or Allianz Field (almost 20K)

Nashville Kats:

Geodis Park (30K)

Georgia Force (now called Atlanta Force) :

Center Parc Stadium (almost 25K)

Louisana VooDoo (now called New Orleans VooDoo:

Yulman Stadium (30K)

Washington Wolfpack (now called Portland Wolfpack):

Providence Park (25K)

I thought I picked Portland since UFL has the Seattle Sea Dragons and they wanted a team there.

And that's my idea.

The Sea Dragons weren't one of the teams that survived the merger.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

Well, can't say we didn't all see this coming. I got some tickets to the Myth game at Target Center for this Sunday -- who knows, it may end up being this venture's final game.

myth /miTH/

Noun: a widely held but false belief or idea.

Seems about right for this league. Everyone believes the AFL exists, but in reality, it was just an idea. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nickp91 said:

The 30 For 30 about how Lee Hutton has absolutely crashed and burned the AFL will be very entertaining 

Still need to do one on C David Baker and how he destroyed the original AFL first

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, after having brought the league to its absolute height.

No. Because he sold their future for a fairytale. They existed solely on a few expansion fees being paid full price and the carrot on the end of the stick that the NFL was going to buy the league and magically make it profitable. 

Is the same reason he's booted from the Hall of Fame after the disaster that became of the HOF Village. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, after having brought the league to its absolute height.

No. Because he sold their future for a fairytale. They existed solely on a few expansion fees being paid full price and the carrot on the end of the stick that the NFL was going to buy the league and magically make it profitable. 

Under Baker, the AFL's team values were at their highest, as was its players' pay. Most important of all, public awareness of the league was at its peak, with the games on NBC. 

Now that MLS has firmly established itself as the fifth major league, we should remember that the AFL, with its array of solid and credible owners, was well ahead of MLS, and appeared to be on the verge of attaining that status. 

This was no fairy tale. It was a reasonable gamble, one which for quite a while looked likely to pay off.  The fact that the NFL ultimately did not buy into the Arena League — as most observers believed would eventually happen — is not the fault of Baker, who got the league to its pinnacle.

It was a great run.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png