Arena Football News & Updates

On 3/14/2024 at 2:42 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

What the hell does AFL games and select matchups from this season mean?? [Department of Redundancy Department]

Aha - bad cut and past by the AFL. Here's what they meant to say:

The @nflnetwork  will televise more than 30 @OfficialAFL  regular season games and select matchups from @overtime  OT7's regular season and championship weekend.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, schlim said:

Green Bay uses Jets jerseys?

They had them first.

ETA - And no, that isn't it.

Edited by Sec19Row53
More info
  • WOAH 1

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How long is an IFL field?

What does the drive chart show?

Ah, I glanced over that but it didn't register fully, i think there even was a reference to 3rd and goal? Are indoor fields 55 yards? 50?

Not great, but I wonder how much it'd cost to reconfigure an existing football app/scirebug/scorecard for that, or if any of the other leagues have/had it.

Just now, schlim said:

Ah, I glanced over that but it didn't register fully, i think there even was a reference to 3rd and goal? Are indoor fields 55 yards? 50?

Not great, but I wonder how much it'd cost to reconfigure an existing football app/scirebug/scorecard for that, or if any of the other leagues have/had it.

50 yards. If the league is generating their own stats page, their coding should have set up the field to be the right length.

It's where I sit.

Yeah, the official league site probably should get that right!

I check on with the NLL from time to time (former MILL NE Blazer fan back in worcester) and that website has been largely a mess for years, seems like the rebrand a few years back allowed for some major upgrades, but it still feels limited/unintuitive, but they don't have something that wildly wrong!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We might get a tangible good out of this fly-by-night reboot yet: Royal Retros has announced they've struck a deal to manufacture AFL throwback merch and will have their product line out later this month. Finally, I can get the Houston ThunderBears shirt of my dreams.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm shocked there's still little tangible news out of this league.  The more I see of the IFL, the less I have hopes for the return of the AFL.  The IFL appears to be a solid league, setting itself as the premiere Indoor/Arena football league.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Now about a week before the season starts, the Louisiana VooDoo have moved from Lake Charles to Lafayette.

I can't shake the feeling that this iteration of the AFL is doomed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Now about a week before the season starts, the Louisiana VooDoo have moved from Lake Charles to Lafayette.

They said that the owner is a celebrity when the team was first announced.  If that was the case, why have the AFL been so secretive about it?  Why haven't they revealed the owners of Georgia, Wichita or SW Kansas either?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

They said that the owner is a celebrity when the team was first announced.  If that was the case, why have the AFL been so secretive about it?  Why haven't they revealed the owners of Georgia, Wichita or SW Kansas either?

And what celebrity would put their Louisiana based team in Lake Charles?  I mean New Orleans sure, Baton Rouge... maybe, Monroe if its one of the Duck Dynasty hillbillies, but Lake Charles? At least the VooDoo name makes more sense in Lafayette than Lake Charles.

Signature intentionally left blank

55 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

And what celebrity would put their Louisiana based team in Lake Charles?  I mean New Orleans sure, Baton Rouge... maybe, Monroe if its one of the Duck Dynasty hillbillies, but Lake Charles? At least the VooDoo name makes more sense in Lafayette than Lake Charles.

Lake Charles Landsharks would like a word with you. 

Wonder if Carolyn Shiver was shopping for a team. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Lake Charles Landsharks would like a word with you. 

Wonder if Carolyn Shiver was shopping for a team. 

Im well aware of Lake Charles past teams. But this is the AFL. A league that wants to be the top indoor league. A league banking of the league names history with teams in Albany, Orlando and Nashville, but then placing teams in Salem, Dodge City, Salina, and Lake Charles.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank