Arena Football News & Updates

Oh cool, the Rush have another owner who will be going to prison.

• LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Dollar store logos for a dollar store league.

• Like 3

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So what has this new owner done?  

1. Bought an Arena Football team

2. Posted that photo of himself

3. Posted that quote, a mishmash of grindset mindset and prosperity gospel, next to himself in that photo

He is one hundred percent up to financial crimes and it is wholly a matter of whether the feds are interested in catching him. You get to know the type around here. Two have run for mayor over the last couple elections.

That statement has enough clichéd and vapid corporate-speak in it to give a mid-level executive priapism.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

He is hinting at the AFL having a developmental league in 2025, but it won't be called AF2 or AFL2 to avoid confusion.

Other tidbits about this interview:

- Wants to be first league to implement virtual reality. 
- Has called out other leagues accusing them of sabotaging potential arena deals.  
- Says that international crowds will embrace indoor football more that outdoor football.  He has a dream of Arena Football being an Olympic sport.  
- Not ruling out a working relationship with any of the outdoor leagues.  
- Says that there were some teams that have been in the AFL before, but couldn't make the jump due to timing and exit fees.  

- Cities who rejected the AFL will not be a part of the AFL going forward.  

- Says that there will be a player draft

- Wants the AFL to have OTAs similar to the NFL.  Praises the NFL for how they structure their offseason programs for players.

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

He is hinting at the AFL having a developmental league in 2025, but it won't be called AF2 or AFL2 to avoid confusion.

- Wants to be first league to implement virtual reality. 

- Has called out other leagues accusing them of sabotaging potential arena deals.  

- Says that international crowds will embrace indoor football more that outdoor football.  He has a dream of Arena Football being an Olympic sport.  
- Not ruling out a working relationship with any of the outdoor leagues.  

- Cities who rejected the AFL will not be a part of the AFL going forward.  

1. Desperate to get more money from suckers

2. Knows a tech buzzword and has no idea what goes into the development and implementation

3. Weirdly conspiratorial in addressing the public

4. Greatly overestimates his product's appeal

5. Spitting in the face of potential future revenue because of petty personal grievances

Well, I think we've solved the mystery of the AFL's big forthcoming broadcast rights deal. Look for all the games streaming on X, The Everything App.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

1. Desperate to get more money from suckers

2. Knows a tech buzzword and has no idea what goes into the development and implementation

3. Weirdly conspiratorial in addressing the public

4. Greatly overestimates his product's appeal

5. Spitting in the face of potential future revenue because of petty personal grievances

Well, I think we've solved the mystery of the AFL's big forthcoming broadcast rights deal. Look for all the games streaming on X, The Everything App.

He has said that they were in talks with the NFL Network and Amazon Prime with their broadcasting deal.

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

He has said that they were in talks with the NFL Network and Amazon Prime with their broadcasting deal.

I'm in talks with Amazon about providing free product all the time.

Talks aren't going well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Burmy said:

So, Indy's 2025 IFL team has a name now...say hello to the Fishers Freight.

spacer.png

Kinda confused that they chose the smaller city name instead of the larger metro area name...still, I like the name and color scheme and think it's much cooler than a lot of people are saying.

It's common with the IFL as they have the Frisco (Dallas) Fighters, Bay Area (San Jose) and Duke City (Albuquerque) Gladiators.  

• Like 2