Arena Football News & Updates

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

With the Dragons not being in the league, it seems silly to do a big press event in New York.  Better to do it in Philadelphia, where the league just announced the revival of the Soul.

Maybe the Philadelphia team is playing out of NYC. Geography is a state of mind in this operation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watching this iteration of the AFL is like playing The Sims after there's nothing else left to do and you just start putting toilets on second-story patios to see what happens.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So apparently on Tuesday the AFL is going to announce a team in Arizona.......in the same metro are where the Rattlers have a 30 year head start.  

Has to be Tucson. There's no way they're starting  a team on short notice for the arena the Rattlers just vacated.

Just now, Sykotyk said:

Hmmm... doubt they'd go to Prescott. But you never know.

Prescott (Northern Arizona Wranglers) is in the same league as the Arizona Rattlers and the Tucson Sugar Skulls. At this point if I had to guess knowing how this AFL is going it'll probably be in Phoenix at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Rattlers just left their longtime home at the Footprint Center for Glendale.

Signature intentionally left blank

6 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Prescott (Northern Arizona Wranglers) is in the same league as the Arizona Rattlers and the Tucson Sugar Skulls. At this point if I had to guess knowing how this AFL is going it'll probably be in Phoenix at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Rattlers just left their longtime home at the Footprint Center for Glendale.

An AFL team in Phoenix makes no sense when the Rattlers are still around and have a 30 year head start over this proposed AFL team.  They are going to have nobody in attendance, especially if they go up against a Rattlers home game on the same day.  

Just now, GDAWG said:

An AFL team in Phoenix makes no sense when the Rattlers are still around and have a 30 year head start over this proposed AFL team.  They are going to have nobody in attendance, especially if they go up against a Rattlers home game on the same day.  

Thats true however you also said:

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

.......in the same metro are where the Rattlers have a 30 year head start.  

Glendale is out as its now home of the Rattlers. NAZ and Tucson are out too. That leaves the Footprint Center (not likely, they would probably just stick to the Suns, Mercury, and concerts.), the Coliseum, an equine arena in Scottsdale (that would seem on brand for this AFL), or they will do the whole Coyotes schtick an saddle up at Mulet at ASU.

23 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Thats true however you also said:

Glendale is out as its now home of the Rattlers. NAZ and Tucson are out too. That leaves the Footprint Center (not likely, they would probably just stick to the Suns, Mercury, and concerts.), the Coliseum, an equine arena in Scottsdale (that would seem on brand for this AFL), or they will do the whole Coyotes schtick an saddle up at Mulet at ASU.

I can't see how this AFL Arizona team is able to compete with an IFL team with an already established fanbase dating back 30 years.  The AFL has said that they are competing against the IFL and they are playing at the same time.  They might be able to get some Rattlers fans who were upset by the move to Glendale, but like 99% of them will still remain loyal to the Rattlers.  

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I can't see how this AFL Arizona team is able to compete with an IFL team with an already established fanbase dating back 30 years.  The AFL has said that they are competing against the IFL and they are playing at the same time.  They might be able to get some Rattlers fans who were upset by the move to Glendale, but like 99% of them will still remain loyal to the Rattlers.  

I mean this is a league that is putting teams in Salem, Oregon, the VooDoo in Lake Charles, and Chicago in Rockford. They might as well have a team in Phoenix and call them Utah

• Like 1