Arena Football News & Updates

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

That would be a mistake by the AFL because the Phoenix area is taken by the Arizona Rattlers of the IFL.  

I mean having a team in the same sport and different league isnt anything new for Phoenix. Despite the Coyotes coming to town in 96, the IHL Phoenix Roadrunners played one more season from 1996-97 and were then replaced by the WCHL Phoenix Mustangs from 1997-01 and the ECHL version of the Phoenix Roadrunners 2005-09

Signature intentionally left blank

4 hours ago, Dilbert said:

I mean having a team in the same sport and different league isnt anything new for Phoenix. Despite the Coyotes coming to town in 96, the IHL Phoenix Roadrunners played one more season from 1996-97 and were then replaced by the WCHL Phoenix Mustangs from 1997-01 and the ECHL version of the Phoenix Roadrunners 2005-09

Yea but the Roadrunners didn't have a thirty year head start on the Coyotes.  The Rattlers have been around since 1992.  

Looks like no Chicago Rush after all. 16 teams in four divisions:

EAST

Albany Firebirds

Minnesota Myth

Nashville Kats

Philadelphia Soul

SOUTH

Georgia Force

Louisiana Voodoo

Orlando Predators

West Texas Desert Hawks

CENTRAL

Iowa Rampage

Salina Liberty

Southwest Kansas Storm

Wichita Regulators

WEST

Billings Outlaws

Oregon Blackbears

Rapid City Marshals

Washington Wolfpack

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

2 minutes ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

Looks like no Chicago Rush after all. 16 teams in four divisions:

EAST

Albany Firebirds

Minnesota Myth

Nashville Kats

Philadelphia Soul

SOUTH

Georgia Force

Louisiana Voodoo

Orlando Predators

West Texas Desert Hawks

CENTRAL

Iowa Rampage

Salina Liberty

Southwest Kansas Storm

Wichita Regulators

WEST

Billings Outlaws

Oregon Blackbears

Rapid City Marshals

Washington Wolfpack

AFL Commissioner Lee Hutton says that their will be expansion in 2025 and likely to 24 teams, so Chicago could wait until 2025.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

So it appears Philadelphia is solely a travel team for 2024, and several venues have yet to be announced. Hoping for the best but yikes

The AFL has said that they are the "top dog" in the Arena/Indoor Football Space, the dominant league.  Having a travel team doesn't help that perception.  

• Like 3

The over/under on seasons this thing lasts is officially set at 1.0. Ten-week season, one of your biggest announced markets is a travel team, zero home playoff games, and the 1980s USFL model of "We'll cover our losses by bringing in fresh suckers and expanding the league by 50% in season two." Oh, and your marquee events will be played at the venue where the commissioner's wife owns a franchise. Woof.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A not so good look at one of the AFL's partners (from 2021):

HUMBL: Illusions of Grandeur, Collapsing International Deals, And Lurking Dilution – Hindenburg Research

• HUMBL is an early-stage fintech company with a $5.6 billion fully diluted market cap that recently reverse-merged onto the OTC. It ended its most recent quarter with ~$156,000 in revenue and currently has ~$4.5 million in cash. It had zero revenue in 2020.
  • The company aspires to be an Amazon or Alipay, imagining that it will facilitate payments to billions of people around the world by transcending borders and lowering costs using blockchain technology.  
  • Our research shows the company has failed to deliver on even the most basic aspects of its business plan, including features it claimed were completed months ago. Six months after going public, its users can’t send or receive money on its “payment” app, let alone engage in low cost, cross-border crypto currency transactions.
  • The vast majority of merchants appearing on HUMBL’s “Pay” platform don’t accept HUMBL Pay. Some didn’t even know they were on the platform and had never heard of HUMBL when we spoke with them.
  • Despite HUMBL’s claims of disrupting the payments business, HUMBL uses another payment processor, Stripe, to support the few merchants on its platform who are accepting payments.
  • We found that international deals announced over the last year – a key source of the company’s perceived legitimacy – never got off the ground or have quietly collapsed behind the scenes.
  • For example, a partnership announced more than a year ago to bring HUMBL to Africa never got beyond the press release stage, according to an executive at its planned partner.
  • A landmark $15.6 million deal to sell rights to HUMBL’s business in 15 countries in Oceania, including Australia and Tonga, collapsed. We found the partner for this major planned deal has no presence beyond a local entity filing, and operates out of a small residence.
  • A deal to expand into India has been sidelined by COVID and regulations that prevent merchants from charging for digital payments, per HUMBL’s planned deal partner.
  • An investment by a Singaporean company into HUMBL’s Asia business hasn’t resulted in any specific initiatives 6 months later, though directors at the company received shares valued at ~$14 million.
  • HUMBL’s expansion into Mexico, where HUMBL’s CEO boasted of recruiting 300 merchants in 3 days, has only 2 merchants listed as accepting payments. Even those two told us they aren’t currently accepting HUMBL payments; the business in Mexico is on hold pending changes to the platform, according to a local merchant working with the company.
  • Meanwhile, amidst these grand plans, HUMBL quietly issued preferred shares convertible into 5.54 billion common shares to insiders and family members, setting retail investors up for total annihilation when those shares unlock and become available for sale.
  • The strategy was orchestrated in part by the company’s financial advisor and a major warrant holder, George Sharp, who gaslit investors following revelations of the issuance, later saying details on corporate action were withheld so as not to create “mass panic” and to save investors from themselves.
  • Over the weekend, Sharp, who had made his account private days before, announced on Twitter that he was parting ways with HUMBL, leaving public shareholders little to show for these massive giveaways to insiders except ever-more grandiose plans that appear stuck at the vapor stage.
  • HUMBL’s CEO, Brian Foote, responded to investor backlash by tweeting that he won’t convert his personal holdings of preferred shares until at least the end of 2022. He did not, however, offer the same assurances regarding 3 billion other shares, including those held by his family’s trust.
  • In the past year, faith-based go-public transactions such as HUMBL have brought the investing public an endless parade of risky companies that boast of all the things they will someday revolutionize. Meanwhile, while investors are strung along by hope, and lulled into looking the other way, they face a literal reality of billions of shares becoming available to convert and sell.

Our research shows the company has failed to deliver on even the most basic aspects of its business plan, including features it claimed were completed months ago.

I dunno, sounds like an ideal partner for this iteration of the AFL to me.

Maybe all their games can be streamed on Ozy Media.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The over/under on seasons this thing lasts is officially set at 1.0. Ten-week season, one of your biggest announced markets is a travel team, zero home playoff games, and the 1980s USFL model of "We'll cover our losses by bringing in fresh suckers and expanding the league by 50% in season two." Oh, and your marquee events will be played at the venue where the commissioner's wife owns a franchise. Woof.

Might I add that it's the one non-travel team whose home venue has not been announced yet...double woof here.

bYhYmxh.png