Arena Football News & Updates

4 hours ago, raz said:

Arizonan here, the move to Glendale will cost the Rattlers some fans. It's an extra half hour drive w/o traffic, light rail doesn't go there, etc. Don't know how popular a new team will be but I'm guessing it'll have a shot. 

But yet it works for the Cardinals. I can understand if we were talking about the Suns or Coyotes. But they're also playing once a week so I don't think it'll be a bad thing in the long run 

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Minnesota Myth? Sounds like a women's X League team and not an Arena League team. The Fighting Pike was right there!!

I loathe that name -- but as a Twin Cities resident, if they actually take the field, I'll be there. 

Now I'm wondering where they'll play. I can't imagine they've managed to make a deal with the big arenas in town.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

1 hour ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

I loathe that name -- but as a Twin Cities resident, if they actually take the field, I'll be there. 

Now I'm wondering where they'll play. I can't imagine they've managed to make a deal with the big arenas in town.

Wonder what suburban rinks are big enough to at least 'pass' as a full size stadium. Anything in the 4k+ range?

15 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Wonder what suburban rinks are big enough to at least 'pass' as a full size stadium. Anything in the 4k+ range?

Maybe they'll go with the Warner Coliseum on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds...that's my guess.

bYhYmxh.png

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Minnesota Myth?

This is like the point in cryptocurrency fever where someone would mint something called like "ScamCoin" and buyers would line up around the block for it. They are trying to tell you and seeing if you are willing to not listen.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, Burmy said:

Maybe they'll go with the Warner Coliseum on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds...that's my guess.

That'd be interesting. I know they had a semi-pro indoor football team there in the late '90s. That building is incredibly old as well, I hope it's still in good shape. Personally haven't been in there since they stopped hosting HS hockey games about a decade ago.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

1 hour ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

This one came a bit out of left field -- I don't recall Georgia being part of any rumors I've read over the last few months. At least this press release lists a venue!

Anyone else read that logo as “Georgia G-Force?”

• Like 5

gYH2mW9.png

So this version of the AFL will launch with a Nashville Kats team and a Georgia Force team, huh?  I can remember when the original AFL's original Nashville Kats moved to Atlanta and became the first version of the Georgia Force.

3 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

So this version of the AFL will launch with a Nashville Kats team and a Georgia Force team, huh?  I can remember when the original AFL's original Nashville Kats moved to Atlanta and became the first version of the Georgia Force.

Also Philadelphia Soul and rumors of an announcement of the Chicago Rush.

40 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

Yes, but then the Kats came back a few years later, in one of those cheesy Cleveland Browns deals that spits in the eye of history, and were in the league alongside the Force.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png