Arena Football News & Updates

7 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Salina has less than 50,000 people. Major league my ass.

The Commissioner has indicated that there will be a significant broadcasting and streaming deal.  I find it hard to believe that any major broadcast networks are interested in a league where so far, its largest market is Orlando, Florida.  The league has teased that it's three biggest markets will be Philly, Chicago and Minnesota (St. Paul, but Minneapolis is right next door) with rumors of teams in Cincy, St. Louis, Austin, Nashville and Denver.

And instead of using Washington to confuse people, why not call the Everett team "Seattle?"  Everett is a suburb of Seattle and the Seattle Storm played in Everett.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, GDAWG said:

I thought "Oh jeez, they're going to compete with the Barnstormers?" But then I saw the team is based in Counciltucky, so they're going to try to compete with Omaha. Okay, good luck.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

55 minutes ago, LMU said:

Seeing where this league is going, I'd say that Bakersfield is probably the most appropriate venue for the California team.

I'd say Barstow is where this league is at the moment, but the only reason that won't happen is there's not an arena big enough out there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd say Barstow is where this league is at the moment, but the only reason that won't happen is there's not an arena big enough out there. 

Come now.  This is the AFL 3.0 we're talking about.  Just shove a field in the abandoned outlet center and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

VmWIn6B.png

4 minutes ago, LMU said:

Come now.  This is the AFL 3.0 we're talking about.  Just shove a field in the abandoned outlet center and call it a day.

Just raise the roof on the Super Walmart in town and clear out the space on gamedays.

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, Gary said:

Im all for a return to the Arena League, but with the addition of these small town teams. Do you know if this becomes a AFL/AF2 situation all over again?

It could be if they are unable to seal the deal to get teams in Philly and Chicago.  

• Like 1

For all of their team and league announcements via tweeting, which carries less reach and impact than it has in at least a dozen years, I would just like to note that this Arena Football League appears to have not made a single update to their website since the launch announcement. Did the guy in charge of it forget the password and now they're going to have to start another website at real arena football dot com? If so, relatable.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So we've gone from the big splashy vague announcement of major and mid-major markets into grabbing on to the glitz and stability of Salina, KS and Rapid City, SD in a speedrun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

So we've gone from the big splashy vague announcement of major and mid-major markets into grabbing on to the glitz and stability of Salina, KS and Rapid City, SD in a speedrun.

The largest market so far is Orlando.  However it could have been Everett, Washington if they were to call the team "Seattle" but instead, they are calling it Washington, which will cause confusion.  They allegedly have teams in Philly and Chicago that have not been officially announced.  

• Like 1