Arena Football News & Updates

So according to the Idaho Horsemen of the NAL (formerly of the AWFC) in response to the Arena Football League in Boise, Idaho:

The AFL reached out to us to become the team that represents the AFL in this market. We were going through the process behind the scenes with having our arena already in place and speaking with the downtown arena. We decided that the AFL wasnt the right fit for us. So, if the AFL wants a team in the Boise area, they will have to find a new ownership group. This could be the guys downtown, but that would need to be a new conversation. If the guys downtown want to take on that endeavor, we all know its possible, but the AFL/Boise talks came into play due to the Horsemen. But... its NAL for 2024

• Like 1

"See? We weren't being duplicitous at all! Washington!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Another red and blue team. Unbelievable. 😡

No. This one is okay.

Bringing back a fan favorite that got ripped out with the AFL's failed NBC venture with the move to Indiana is a right move. No need for new logos or colors. Just go with what most people remember. After all the failed replacements such as the Conquest and Empire. it's good to see the Albany Firebirds return to Albany and the AFL. Even a mild reproduction.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Orange and black.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

As others has said, it will probably be orange and black.  This was the Firebirds look in the 90s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsLtBPjAi_eWGx65XCcCv

Even if it was red and blue, the Firebirds brand belongs in the AFL.

• Like 1

AFL originally announced , what 16 teams? Several more have now joined. Are they trying to be the ABA200 of indoor football? Also  the fact that the league isnt even on  Our Sports Central yet, tells me how much of a professional league this is.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank