Arena Football News & Updates

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 9:28 PM, Red Comet said:

Letting Antonio Brown have any job title except “Clown” is asking for trouble. 

Good call. His Albany Empire just got kicked out of their league for failure to pay their league fees.

https://www.nationalarenaleague.com/news/albany-empire-fail-to-meet-league-obligations

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

It's where I sit.

I’m definitely going to need to make a road trip

Wait: 

“Burgess says he’s lived in the Springfield area his entire life and believes it is the best place to live, work and play. Burgess also believes his model of arena football will prevail due to one certain characteristic.

‘We’ve got good Christian values to keep us going,’ he said.”

I’m going, but I’m holding onto my wallet and never allowing it to leave my grip. Also have to wonder if the fish mascot is representing more than just the fishing culture there. It’s like my Dad always told me “Never deal with businesses that talk about how Christian they are because they always hide behind the fish when things go south”.

Just to clarify, I’m not some unwashed fedoratipping bunghole with hairy sequoias sprouting from my neck ranting about “Sky Daddies”, I do believe in God. I just don’t like people trying to leverage my values for personal gain.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 3
  • Yawn 1

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Thought Kirk Elmquist might be involved in this. I knew him personally when he was head of marketing for the Springfield Cardinals when I worked at Hammons Field.

Someone had been talking up the FCF as superior to the USFL and XFL. I think this shows how much work still needs to be done, in addition to eh antics of AB and his Albany team, in regards to making sure arena football remains viable, no matter what time of year it's being played. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Someone had been talking up the FCF as superior to the USFL and XFL. I think this shows how much work still needs to be done, in addition to eh antics of AB and his Albany team, in regards to making sure arena football remains viable, no matter what time of year it's being played. 

It didn't help FCF that the entire 2022 season was funded by Crypto and one of the teams was owned by that stupid Bored Ape NFT company.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

There is a rumor floating around that the Fayetteville Mustangs have folded, dropping the NAL down to 5 teams.  

Not surprised to see that happen since their field is the old LA Kiss field with the guitar pick painted over. 

Fayetteville debuts its new sports team | CBS 17

• LOL 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NAL returning seems bleak after going down to 5 teams.  

It probably doesnt help that the Arena Football League is attempting a reboot and former AFL teams like Orlando or Jacksonville could go back there.

49 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NAL returning seems bleak after going down to 5 teams.  

14 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

It probably doesnt help that the Arena Football League is attempting a reboot and former AFL teams like Orlando or Jacksonville could go back there.

That's why I figured the AFL's first plan was to simply lift up the NAL teams that still exist and create some other teams based on the original AFL properties. It made the most sense since Jacksonville and  Orlando give you two AFL identities right away.  The Carolina Cobras are also the name of an older AFL team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png