Arena Football News & Updates

6 minutes ago, PTrudellJr said:
22 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

According to posts in the ArenaFan message board, the games that were to have been carried by the NFL Network are now off that channel's schedule.

On the NFL Network schedule, I see one game showing on Thursday 2-May at 20:00 EDT with a repeat at 00:30 on 3-May.

Ah.  Well, a post at 5:37pm EDT yesterday in this thread reads: "Update - all games this weekend are off the NFLN schedule".  A later post in that thread at 7:37 says that the Sling schedule shows that the Saturday game has been moved to NFL Total Access.

So, let's see what happens!

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

According to posts in the ArenaFan message board, the games that were to have been carried by the NFL Network are now off that channel's schedule.

It is entirely a matter of speculation whether someone at the AFL didn't make a payment, or whether the NFL Network was scared off by the Iowa Rampage's preseason game that was shown on YouTube and/or by the pictures of the Oregon Blackbears' preseason game that that team shared.

I would find it far more likely the AFL's scheduled airtime was brokered, so either the check did not clear or the AFL could not sell enough of the ad space to even sniff breaking even.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ah.  Well, a post at 5:37pm EDT yesterday in this thread reads: "Update - all games this weekend are off the NFLN schedule".  A later post in that thread at 7:37 says that the Sling schedule shows that the Saturday game has been moved to NFL Total Access.

So, let's see what happens!

I just checked my program guide on Xfinity, and I think you should know that "NFL Total Access" isn't like a streaming alternate channel or something, it's the name of an NFL Network studio show.

The current NFL Network schedule for Sat 4/27:

12 pm ET/11 am CT: 2024 NFL Draft, Rounds 4-7

7 pm ET/6 pm CT: NFL Total Access - Week in Review (1 hour, followed by three repeats of the show)

11 pm ET/10 pm CT: 2024 NFL Draft - Round 1 (repeat)

2:30 am ET/1:30 pm CT: NFL Draft - Rounds 2-3 (repeat)

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I just checked my program guide on Xfinity, and I think you should know that "NFL Total Access" isn't like a streaming alternate channel or something, it's the name of an NFL Network studio show.

Right, that was explained later in that same ArenaFan thread.  So I don't really know what it means to say that a game has been moved to NFL Total Access.  Does it mean that the game will temporarily replace the studio show that normally appears under that name, just as ESPN sometimes shows games on its ESPNews channel?  Does it mean that the "coverage" of the game will be limited to scores being read on that studio show? I don't know.

It almost certainly means a one-hour studio show reviewing the draft that just concluded, three consecutive repeats of that hour, and maybe AFL scores showing up on the bottom crawl once per rotation if the AFL can pay whatever the cost of that scant advertising would be.

Anything else and the network would just go ahead and show the full game because they got paid for the time. They aren't going to offer clips or look-ins for free because the AFL couldn't hold up their end of the bargain.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dilbert said:

Now about a week before the season starts, the Louisiana VooDoo have moved from Lake Charles to Lafayette.

The team and the arena manager apparently had a bit of a falling out when the arena management firm expected the team to pay its agreed rent, and the team said "no."

https://www.kplctv.com/2024/04/19/louisiana-voodoo-arena-football-team-move-lafayette/

From what I read on AF they have moved to the worst arena in Lafayette, used primarily for horse shows and lacking certain upper-tier luxuries like scoreboards and seat backs.

On 4/21/2024 at 1:25 PM, Sodboy13 said:

I am not exaggerating when I say, outside of the fan seating, our kids have a better setup for indoor flag football at the local rec center.

If anyone want to set a line on how many teams finish the season I'm all ears. Right now I'm seeing two in Salem and Louisiana that I'm not sure will even start it.

"Philadelphia," which is operating as a full-time road team, is number three on the list now. We're two days out from the season starting... or are we?

Same here. Good to see ya.

So the Soul players were in New Orleans, got booted from their hotel rooms due to non-payment, the hotel is holding their stuff, and the commissioner is there to address the players in person to tell them that the league's problems are fake news and they need to listen to the AFL Podcast for the truth, and also he's going to crack down on whoever's leaking all this fake news. Again, he's doing this probably in the hotel lobby, because all the players got very-not-fake kicked out of their rooms.

I think we're about done here!

• Like 2

Zype link works for the Albany Orlando game. I get no sound, however. Scorebug hides beneath my browser bar, which seems really odd.

Well, at least two teams exist.

It's where I sit.

All four games were played today and some teams are more professional than others. 

While Albany and Nashville looked like a normal AFL setup

GMH9sNWWUAAaYZv?format=jpg&name=medium

GMOKdhaXcAAm7Eg?format=jpg&name=large

Oregon and Louisiana not so much. Oregon still doesnt have a field goal post or nets

GMOGYBMaYAAWF0B?format=jpg&name=large

While Louisianas field goal post and nets look put together from parts from a hardware store and are crooked.. The pads on the boards dont look great either.

GMNYE1XXkAA0mUL?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

Signature intentionally left blank

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Zype link works for the Albany Orlando game. I get no sound, however. Scorebug hides beneath my browser bar, which seems really odd.

Well, at least two teams exist.

I watched the entire Albany - Orlando game on the Vyre site. It turned out to be a great game, decided in overtime. This game could have been presented on the NFL Network, and would have made a fine showcase for the league.

At the same time, I listened to the Nashville Kats game on the local station 102.5 The Game, and I was delighted to hear that the announcer is none other than the great Eli Gold. This game was a runaway, as the Kats buried Minnesota (who are coached by former New Jersey Red Dogs quarterback Rickey Foggie). But Gold remaind completely engaged, and turned in a superb performance. 

Nashville's next game is on Thursday. I'm going to try to tune in for that— even though it will mean a delay in watching the new Star Trek episode.

Albany's crowd was very much into the game; and Gold mentioned a big crowd in Nashville, even though he didn't give an attendance figure. These two successful opening games are noteworthy, in light of the fiascos elsewhere in the league.

• Like 4

If the AFL collapses, I could see Albany, Orlando and Nashville all jumping to the more stable IFL, but they might struggle mightily like the Jacksonville Sharks have.  However, all three would benefit the IFL in a few ways.

• Orlando would become a close geographic partner to the Sharks and they would renew that rivalry from the NAL.  Albany would give the Massachusetts Pirates a close geographic partner.  Adding Nashville would give the IFL a footprint in the South outside of Florida.    There are large parts of this country where the IFL has no presence in.  
  • If all three jump, plus the addition of the Fishers Freight and Dakota Bucks, that would give the IFL 21 teams with 5 brand new teams for 2025 (well technically 4 since the Bucks would be re-activated but with a new name, with rumors of the team moving from Bismarck to Fargo).  
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dilbert said:

All four games were played today and some teams are more professional than others. 

While Albany and Nashville looked like a normal AFL setup

GMH9sNWWUAAaYZv?format=jpg&name=medium

GMOKdhaXcAAm7Eg?format=jpg&name=large

Oregon and Louisiana not so much. Oregon still doesnt have a field goal post or nets

GMOGYBMaYAAWF0B?format=jpg&name=large

While Louisianas field goal post and nets look put together from parts from a hardware store and are crooked.. The pads on the boards dont look great either.

GMNYE1XXkAA0mUL?format=jpg&name=medium

Not gonna lie, this looks like a recipe for a disasterous league

• Like 1

So, if this is how AFL 3.0 is starting, when we get to AFL 5.0 every team’s going to share a lease with a Spirit Halloween Store, aren’t they?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

VmWIn6B.png

No, they're just going to sneak into the Spirit Halloween stores and play while they're closed. It's called "disruption" and there will be an app that will only be available for download through a Kazakh VPN.

• LOL 2