Arena Football News & Updates

13 hours ago, Dilbert said:

All four games were played today and some teams are more professional than others. 

While Albany and Nashville looked like a normal AFL setup

GMH9sNWWUAAaYZv?format=jpg&name=medium

GMOKdhaXcAAm7Eg?format=jpg&name=large

Oregon and Louisiana not so much. Oregon still doesnt have a field goal post or nets

GMOGYBMaYAAWF0B?format=jpg&name=large

While Louisianas field goal post and nets look put together from parts from a hardware store and are crooked.. The pads on the boards dont look great either.

GMNYE1XXkAA0mUL?format=jpg&name=medium

That’s incorrect about Oregon. They did have rebound nets and goalposts. They just weren’t the standard model that we all are used to. They used black steel pipes instead of aluminum, presumably because they had to be fabricated for the venue (low ceiling) and it was cheaper. I hate that they couldn’t at least rattle can them with yellow paint.

• Like 3

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

45 minutes ago, Frylock said:

That’s incorrect about Oregon. They did have rebound nets and goalposts. They just weren’t the standard model that we all are used to. They used black steel pipes instead of aluminum, presumably because they had to be fabricated for the venue (low ceiling) and it was cheaper. I hate that they couldn’t at least rattle can them with yellow paint.

Well that explains why they were invisible in the photo.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yikes

I'd love too see the NAL try and force this through. I don't think they can. Didn't a law just get passed in regards to NDA's and non-competes in the entertainment arena? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd love too see the NAL try and force this through. I don't think they can. Didn't a law just get passed in regards to NDA's and non-competes in the entertainment arena? 

Doesn't go into effect yet

• Like 1

NBC Sports: Arena Football League Returns With A Thud

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/arena-football-league-returns-with-a-thud

Per the Inquirer, many [Philadelphia Soul] players allegedly were released Friday and booted from the Super 8 motel where they had been staying. Their luggage, according to the report, was taken from them and locked in a room.

The Philadelphia coach, Patrick Pimmel, stepped own the day before the Soul were due to face the Louisiana VooDoo in Lafayette. Players from the Dallas Falcons of American Arena League 2 (apparently not to be confused with American Arena League 1) served as replacements for the Soul.

The VooDoo won in a blowout, 53-18. There’s no mention of the game on what appears to be the Arena League’s current website, which has AI-quality summaries of the other seven contests.

Hopefully it is AI generated. It would be sad to think [a] human had the time or inclination to write more than 1,000 words about the Billings Outlaws beating the Wichita Regulators, 66-28.

Albany Times Union: Fight Breaks Out After Firebirds-Predators Game:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/firebirds-return-comeback-win-fight-breaks-game-19424674.php

Following the Firebirds’ 62-59 win against the Orlando Predators at MVP Arena in front of an announced crowd of 4,784, punches were thrown and at least one fan appeared to make their way onto the field during the series of scuffles that took a couple minutes to quell.

“And, then, one of my guys that wasn’t even playing the game — had no helmet or equipment on — he gets punched in the face,” Ware continued. “That was the one that’s just uncalled for. It’s one thing to fight (with) two guys, with helmets and shoulder pads, and they can tussle around and nobody’s going to get hurt. But to punch a guy square in the face because you lost the game, I just thought that was childish.”

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 4/21/2024 at 1:25 PM, Sodboy13 said:

If anyone wants to set a line on how many teams finish the season I'm all ears. Right now I'm seeing two in Salem and Louisiana that I'm not sure will even start it.

*ding* And with that, our AFL extinction tote board ticks down to 15 after one weekend of action. Still plenty of time until Saturday, so watch this space!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Philadelphia is (supposedly) league-owned. Georgia is as well. The owner in Billings let slip that Oregon is also league-owned, after all the pomp about Kayvon Thibodeaux being part of ownership. They'll all stay until there's no one left who will allow them in a building.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

48 minutes ago, LMU said:

Well, then... stuff like that tells you what kind a roaring dumpster fire this league is destined to be.