Houston Rockets Redesign (7/17 update)

Htown1141

Great work on the Rockets concept. I like the ketchup and mustard color scheme the most. I think the design with the current color scheme looks great but I basketball is hard to see from the background. I want to see how the concept will look with 90s cartoon version of the rocket.    

Awesome job on these. I like the updated flame now that it swirls around the roundel. I like either of the bottom two since they are in familiar Rockets colors. One suggestion would be to make the basketball lines thinner. Usually I am all for making lines thick and bolder, but in this case the basketball lines compete with the rocket too much. Either way, light years better than what the Rockets unveiled last month.

Top left/bottom right look better than the other two. 

Lose the white shine on the rocket, as it looks to cartoony...and shouldn't flame/fire/smoke come out of the additional boosters?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:11 AM, jaha32 said:

Awesome job on these. I like the updated flame now that it swirls around the roundel. I like either of the bottom two since they are in familiar Rockets colors. One suggestion would be to make the basketball lines thinner. Usually I am all for making lines thick and bolder, but in this case the basketball lines compete with the rocket too much. Either way, light years better than what the Rockets unveiled last month.

I agree with @jaha32.

The lines shouldn't be that thick. Especially the upper part of the basketball where all the seams intersect, looks a little bit too cluttered. Apart of that, awesome job! I prefer the red and yellow-gold version. Very clean, very balanced. This is how a Rockets primary logo should look like.

Their current rebrand is one giant atrocity – particularly that absolutely superfluous and counterproductive graphite gray which creates almost zero color contrast in combination with black.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived