Heavy's XFL vs AAF ((Round 2: LA Wildcats vs. San Diego Fleet))

heavybass

We are in the unknown at the moment when it comes to the XFL.... some don't like the team names whilst others like myself want to give the XFL a chance but whilst the names are revealed, the uniforms are a complete mystery... this is what this thread is about and because I didn't want to put the AAF in the non-NFL concept thread, I figure I would do the AAF as the other side of the coin. These uniforms will have alternates.

Here's the first two teams I have done.... the Renegades of the new XFL and the reigning eternal champions of the AAF, the Apollos.

DALLAS RENEGADES

y9XJzVnqoFyQBdg-r0BW6jkAGW5Fc7MlkwF7xY4I

ZwUPNMxBOKnOIWh53jlwjEhFtlvpyyDXQjQ8aZEj

qlCwmXFLsTYljWIIDZuVrTz4lkHeGK4iaiwutfvr

ORLANDO APOLLOS

fgwKH-Ta9kGjPrCQ4bVywrqNR3uabB196uXGdclr

BE0kDjJn2k8838M3s0TNmN1TavGVpBU6R4eiwtoE

t55c5yqLa4kWTqNTjDF4M85Grd0qWdF9qsYgPTOi

I'd add TV numbers. Also, the logo on the sleeve needs to be horizontally cut on the jersey, with the entire logo in the detail box. Look at any uniform graphic on the Gridiron Uniform Database. Plus, red and blue here shouldn't touch - the colors are too similar. Try using white numbers or red numbers with a white outline. Hope this helps

22 minutes ago, rattyrattera said:

I'd add TV numbers. Also, the logo on the sleeve needs to be horizontally cut on the jersey, with the entire logo in the detail box. Look at any uniform graphic on the Gridiron Uniform Database. Plus, red and blue here shouldn't touch - the colors are too similar. Try using white numbers or red numbers with a white outline. Hope this helps

Righto, I wasn't sure how to handle AAF concepts since it's recent and people still hold sentiment to them.

Here come the changes.

vuOGJxUious-BBE07YHEcRwxgN5MXDGX4KWkQoDn

ktv3-Oh9tNJLi9CGL55AvVPQhoO9ek3yf6S0yJfa

z9iTqjYJCnuvj4zVCpfVqOl-x2IFp6bgN14PXHPz

MI2FDlX1uQPxNIQ7o9Lu-V66Q8pnpTP0oj3IA5HM

GfmcRZGNnCFQmkTxA-eqaEOHQVeJETPaVaYUKvk1

2k55D4Er930V-ZoVbffATWSUR_O261HKCJPZclDN

This will probably be 7 more posts like this before it'll be done... probably could do the old XFL concepts but then I wouldn't have opposite set of teams to do unless I make up 8 expansion teams for the AAF... I don't know what do you guys think?

And who do you like to see next?

This carries a lot of the same problems as your nfl series, crude number outlining, coloring without rhyme or reason, misplacement of logos and numbers. I don’t know what else there is to tell you besides putting more work into your concepts and reading into your feedback more.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

50 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

This carries a lot of the same problems as your nfl series, crude number outlining, coloring without rhyme or reason, misplacement of logos and numbers. I don’t know what else there is to tell you besides putting more work into your concepts and reading into your feedback more.

You are probably going to say i'm a broken record player when I say I HAVE been working.

4 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

You are probably going to say i'm a broken record player when I say I HAVE been working.

I know, and it shows, but there’s just still some things that persist throughout you’re entire learning process that’s frustrating to watch you fail to fix each time go around. I think you’d also benefit from a better template, google a couple videos to help explore the software your using, pay attention to other people work, look at, @oldschoolvikings @nate.sweitz Or even my nfl concepts to get a better grip at what your doing.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Time for Round 2 and here the theme for this round is teams that operate from cities where they aren't welcome or were starting to getting used to it before the AAF defuncted... so we have the following to consider:

THE LA WILDCATS
99zQADyFibs4rul8M4mPQVSrkcqFZ8B_mtS_prYe

K-f3wPMnGUXJw-PLF714kqHiQzd3mN85f-eKl5nJ

q4-kDIwkjaNZavZujtvOaBjtBfccxmSimSAdEmvz

The Wildcats may have the most generic name in the league but the design I envisioned is a hybrid looks between the Arizona Cardinals and the Creamsicles of Tampa Bay.... with a bit of influence from AS Roma's looks onto how red and orange work together, now despite the black being in the background of the logo, I don't see it as a helmet colour, I see white as the logo because the Renegades will probably have that black helmet look.

I nearly went with black pants here for the alt but I think it would of been overkill... ((depends really on what you think in general)) so i went with silver instead.

Now then for the AAF counterpart for this, I went with the team that was slowly winning over it's city after their main team the Chargers basically were told by Spanos to **** off and die thus relocate to Los Angeles... yep it's time for San Diego to cheer....

FOR THE FLEET

AnCGu94kG5nc-RvmTdvotB1pTsHXXFHPGDzUKfsm

G84RzgoP5aqhFZPYiwbU3D9L_0WX6YPFFtT8qaAg

i2pZsKZp6EUom0cU7idaBZfJxI36xC5xEda9BAK8

Two Shades of Grey and Yellow... this was a challenge to get right as the Fleet had one of the helmets that had a special design to it ((Which is why I didn't design the Commanders or the worst team in the AAF, the Express)) and there is no white here... I generally went with the light grey pants for both Home and Road with the darker grey for the Alt, the Alt is specially based on the Fleet's choice of uniform in Week 2 of the AAF and yellow pants would of made no sense.

White pants would eventually be made for the Fleet to make sure that there weren't going to be any grey pant matchups ((I'm looking at you Iron.))

Archived