NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

Very clean look for Cincy. I think the stripe pattern is phenomenal, it just looks a bit off on the orange jersey/pants. Maybe a black border of some sorts? That may come out ugly but I think something is needed to distinguish the stripes. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really feeling the tiger stripes on the shoulders and pants. They look like tire treads to me. I think fewer/bigger stripes like what you have on the helmet and logo would solve that problem.

Talk about a modern take on a classic. It's like the Browns new uniforms, where tradition meets modern.

I echo what others have said: your design would look better with thicker tiger stripes. Think of Carson Palmer's rookie season. Also, though this might not be realistic, it might be better to go for orange tiger stripes on black background for your orange jerseys and pants.

Overall, great redesign, plus that all-black Color Rush uniform gives a Princeton football vibe. Everyone could wonder how these would suit Joe Burrow.

I have to admit that for the NFC North, this is a strong-looking division in terms of uniforms. Like how you addressed the striping inconsistency with the Packers and eliminated black from the Vikings. I do have a couple of suggestions, do what you wish with them. For one, I like the train of thought by fixing the Bears' sleeve striping on their road jersey, however, I would make the stripes orange with blue trim as opposed to blue with orange trim. I also have to admit that I really do not care that much for the Lions current look; it's a bit cartoonish and goofy to me (of course, they are the Lions, so that may be accurate to their on-field play 😆). I much prefer their look from 2003-08 or 2009-16. I think that they actually pulled off having black accents well. Overall, however, I like the concepts!

On 5/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, 8BW14 said:

Im not really feeling the tiger stripes on the shoulders and pants. They look like tire treads to me. I think fewer/bigger stripes like what you have on the helmet and logo would solve that problem.

Thanks for the comments! I did think about using thicker tiger stripes but I wanted to try something a little different with the Bengals so that's where the full stripes came in.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:32 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

It's beautiful! Although the logo seems like an unnecessary change and a downgrade (from the original tiger, it's an upgrade over the B still) , the tiger looks like it's balding now. The uniforms on the other hand are a tremendous upgrade. I love just about everything about this set. Seriously I would critic it more but I got nothing. Maybe lessen the amount of tiger stripes similar to the current pants stripe, it's also a little weird looking on the orange pants, you can probably honestly just drop them, Cincinnati doesn't need orange pants. Otherwise, big thumbs up from a Bengals fan! 

Thanks, it's always great to know that fans of the teams like my concepts for them. I had the orange pants as just an option but after your comment, I looked back in the history of the team and then my concept and yeah the orange pants don't fit. In my next post I'll drop the orange pants on the home concepts.

11 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Talk about a modern take on a classic. It's like the Browns new uniforms, where tradition meets modern.

I echo what others have said: your design would look better with thicker tiger stripes. Think of Carson Palmer's rookie season. Also, though this might not be realistic, it might be better to go for orange tiger stripes on black background for your orange jerseys and pants.

Overall, great redesign, plus that all-black Color Rush uniform gives a Princeton football vibe. Everyone could wonder how these would suit Joe Burrow.

Thanks! Yeah the modern take on a classic is exactly what I was going for. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:18 PM, ahowe6464 said:

Very clean look for Cincy. I think the stripe pattern is phenomenal, it just looks a bit off on the orange jersey/pants. Maybe a black border of some sorts? That may come out ugly but I think something is needed to distinguish the stripes. 

Ok so I took the suggestions for the orange jersey and here is what I came up with:

Black border:

skuV0vu.png

21qBFkc.png

Black background and orange tiger stripes:

g56D1kp.png

FOQeJAW.png

Thanks everyone and let me know what you think!

Hmm yeah that's kinda what I anticipated, the borders look good along the side but not where they cut off. Maybe have the stripes wrap all the way down, so it's more of a shoulder loop? I also like the black background route, though I could see it being a bit tire-tready. 

I am leaning toward the stripes on the shoulders being scrapped altogether. The current design, while a definite improvement, currently says, "hey, you know we're named after a tiger, right? So we put it everywhere."

I would favor something more subtle - an alternate logo on the shoulder cap. It could be the bengal head, or new logo: a black Ohio outline, filled in with orange, and with a few tiger stripes like those on the helmet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after awhile of being away, I had my last weeks of school and am now a college graduate, I'm ready to start posting again. I think for the Bengals, I'm going to have black stripes on the orange jersey and then possibly re-visit them when I do the throwbacks. So here are the updated Bengals uniforms:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Got rid of orange pants
  • Black stripes on orange jersey

And here is the new(/old) logo compared to the rest of the league:

Iej14CV.png    ➡️           spacer.png

CLEVELAND BROWNS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• I think it's time the Browns get a real logo
  • The old logo is so good, so I used it here
  • Went back to the old font as well

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Their new updated uniforms are so good and almost perfect
  • I just had a few edits 

HELMET

• Same matte shell
  • Changed facemask to white

JERSEYS

• Same sleeve stripes
  • Changed number to a more block font (just like the old uniforms)
  • Re-added an orange alternate jersey

PANTS

• White pants are the same
  • Added inner white stripe to the brown pants
  • Added orange pants

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Brown socks with home and away uniform
  • Orange socks with orange jersey

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Modeled after the Color Rush uniform from years past
  • Removed white helmet stripe so the helmet and pants stripe match
  • Brown facemask

Bengals and Browns both look good to me. Congrats on graduating too, man. Unpopular opinion but am I the only one that thinks without the white side panels the bengals would actually have good uniforms? At least the orange alt 

6 minutes ago, jaytavo305 said:

Bengals and Browns both look good to me. Congrats on graduating too, man. Unpopular opinion but am I the only one that thinks without the white side panels the bengals would actually have good uniforms? At least the orange alt 

Thanks man, appreciate it! And I think the same way about the side panels. If they removed the side panels and upgraded the font, the uniforms wouldn't be that bad. 

6 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I remember that in one Madden game, for a hot minute they had Bengals uniforms without the side panels for whatever reason. They looked really really nice. 

Congratulations on graduating! The Browns look great.

14 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

I remember that in one Madden game, for a hot minute they had Bengals uniforms without the side panels for whatever reason. They looked really really nice. 

Congratulations on graduating! The Browns look great.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

And here is the new Browns logo:

spacer.png    ➡️ PmhOYNh.png

And to finish off the AFC North, Pittsburgh:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changing this logo seems almost like blasphemy and I didn't want to change it as much as I did, but things just kept rolling
  • I get that the red and blue are from the US Steel logo but I feel like it's time to ditch those colors because they are only in the logo
  • Red and blue are replaced with black and gray
  • "Steelers" is now changed to a "P". This looks better on small applications like a helmet logo or a jersey patch
  • The new P comes from the new block font
  • Outline changes from gray to black or gold (depending on the background)

UNIFORMS

XoMFnC5.png

gyAHwnN.png

34vEPdc.png

qrHXw2c.png

dDO7Hxn.png

DESIGN:

• The iconic uniforms don't change much
  • Return to a block number font (I do not understand why they have an italic number font)

HELMET:

• New logo only on the right side only
  • Thicker stripe to match the pant stripe
  • Number is now inside the stripe

JERSEY:

• Same stripe design
  • New number font
  • New logo is added as the chest patch

PANTS:

• Unchanged

SOCKS

• Black socks

COLOR RUSH

QLhudU0.png

f5QsXKN.png

NV76gqi.png

Thanks for looking everyone and the AFC South will be up next

8 hours ago, NH4 said:

And to finish off the AFC North, Pittsburgh:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changing this logo seems almost like blasphemy and I didn't want to change it as much as I did, but things just kept rolling
  • I get that the red and blue are from the US Steel logo but I feel like it's time to ditch those colors because they are only in the logo
  • Red and blue are replaced with black and gray
  • "Steelers" is now changed to a "P". This looks better on small applications like a helmet logo or a jersey patch
  • The new P comes from the new block font
  • Outline changes from gray to black or gold (depending on the background)

UNIFORMS

XoMFnC5.png

gyAHwnN.png

34vEPdc.png

qrHXw2c.png

dDO7Hxn.png

DESIGN:

• The iconic uniforms don't change much
  • Return to a block number font (I do not understand why they have an italic number font)

HELMET:

• New logo only on the right side only
  • Thicker stripe to match the pant stripe
  • Number is now inside the stripe

JERSEY:

• Same stripe design
  • New number font
  • New logo is added as the chest patch

PANTS:

• Unchanged

SOCKS

• Black socks

COLOR RUSH

QLhudU0.png

f5QsXKN.png

NV76gqi.png

Thanks for looking everyone and the AFC South will be up next

I really love the new Pittsburgh logo! Yeah, some people would be enraged by the idea of changing it, but it's a great, simple update. I feel like the striping on the main two jerseys only needs one color to remain consistent with the one color in the helmet and pants striping. This is one of the issues I have with the current set - including the weird font choice - the striping seems like extra flare.

Cant say Im a huge fan of the logo. I love that its closer to the pittsburgh colors but theres a reason for the colors in the old logo. Its like youd suddenly change the Ford logos color to red. So personally Id like to see a completely new logo. Keep the stylized "p" though, thats great

Archived