• TBGKon changed the title to MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland and Tampa Bay
  • TBGKon locked this topic
12 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Howard Terminal will probably have accessibility issues too as the closest BART stations are over a mile away, Outside of a couple of bus routes and a cross-bay ferry, getting in and out of there will be a logistical nightmare.

BART Stations to Howard Terminal

West Oakland - 1 mile (looks rough right around the station but not bad closer to Howard Terminal, industrial though)

12th Street - 1 mile (best option, nice walk right down Broadway)

Lake Merritt - 1.4 miles (probably 2nd best option even though its the farthest)

BART Stations to Oracle Park

Montgomery - 1 mile

Powell - 1.2 miles

Embarcadero - 1.2 miles

BUT in San Francisco you can transfer to Muni Metro which gets drops you off right at Oracle Park. Chase Center is the same way but further away from BART.

Also

California Memorial Stadium

Downtown Berkley - 0.9 miles

Howard Terminal is definitely walkable from BART, not for everybody but a 1 mile walk isn't bad at all. People do it for Cal games and Giants games. If this ballpark gets built, the whole area will also likely look completely different in 10 years and much more pleasant to walk, Oracle Park and Petco Park are great examples of this. Who knows, maybe a street car gets built eventually in Downtown Oakland (more taxpayer money though) that gets transit riders even closer to the Howard Terminal like Muni does for the Giants and Warriors. 

I just love that this thread has taken so many turns that we're now talking about bridges made out of lava and dildos, and people prioritizing driving to titty bars rather than stadiums, and the person who started the whole thing hasn't even visited the site in 11 years

Obama was in his first term when this thread was started.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I just love that this thread has taken so many turns that we're now talking about bridges made out of lava and dildos, and people prioritizing driving to titty bars rather than stadiums, and the person who started the whole thing hasn't even visited the site in 11 years

Yeah, but they were The Fan.

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

Obama was in his first term when this thread was started.

In fairness, it's really about time we begin debating the scourge that is lava-dildo bridges. Let's end this national nightmare. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

In fairness, it's really about time we begin debating the scourge that is lava-dildo bridges. Let's end this national nightmare. 

We’d need to be careful about treading into political territory once it’s time to vote for funding lava-dildo bridges.  Wouldn’t want to get modded. 

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

We’d need to be careful about treading into political territory once it’s time to vote for funding lava-dildo bridges.  Wouldn’t want to get modded. 

Good point, especially since the left wants more dildos and the right is pushing for more lava. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

Be wary of politicians promising to put the proverbial, “lava flow in every pot. And a dildo in every backyard, to boot.”

"As your governor, I plan to make sure no taxpayer has to foot the bill for another dildo bridge ever again! I can't be bought by the dildo lobby!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I can't be bought by the dildo lobby!"

Herb Kohl used to run on this, though I'm sure the lobby made a very good-faith effort.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Listen. Lava may be bad and hot now, but it’ll make great soil down the line. Ergo, if we want more farmland to grow more food, we should increase the supply of lava across the lands of this country. 

And if you want to make America Great, we need food security first and foremost!

If they can be used to make bridges, is there any reason why the actual stadium couldn't be made of lava and dildos?  Acquiring and safely transporting lava might be extremally costly - I'm not sure, it's been years since I've tried.  But the dildo part should be reasonably cost-effective, and they come in enough shapes, sizes, and colors to be used in a variety of structural applications.  Thinking outside the box here, but could LavaDildo Park be the new home of the Rays in 2028?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If they can be used to make bridges, is there any reason why the actual stadium couldn't be made of lava and dildos?  Acquiring and safely transporting lava might be extremally costly - I'm not sure, it's been years since I've tried.  But the dildo part should be reasonably cost-effective, and they come in enough shapes, sizes, and colors to be used in a variety of structural applications.  Thinking outside the box here, but could LavaDildo Park be the new home of the Rays in 2028?

Can we go green and use lava and eggplants?

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

Can we go green and use lava and eggplants?

I'm not sure if that would work from an engineering perspective.  You can easily have 35,000 screaming fans sitting on and jumping up and down on dildos.   I'm not sure if eggplant can support the weight, plus it might rot.  Also I'm not sure exactly what role the lava plays.  

We need an engineer to explain the science of all this to us.  I think there's one complaining about the Coyotes over in the NHL Antithread.  I'll see if I can find him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure if that would work from an engineering perspective.  You can easily have 35,000 screaming fans sitting on and jumping up and down on dildos.   I'm not sure if eggplant can support the weight, plus it might rot.  Also I'm not sure exactly what role the lava plays.  

We need an engineer to explain the science of all this to us.  I think there's one complaining about the Coyotes over in the NHL Antithread.  I'll see if I can find him.

Are we building a parking lot, too?