MLS 2022 by Hawkeye15 (Keeper Kits and Extras)

Hawkeye15

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BS2OCtE.png

kDloipE.png

MGMUSQs.png

eaLsvk4.png

• NYCFC is a club that looks good in a classic-style kit. The blue/orange/blue cuffs on this kit looked so good: https://www.prosoccerusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/James-Sands-1.jpg. I wanted to replicate that idea. I vastly prefer the blue/white/blue look for NYCFC as opposed to navy shorts or a monochrome blue.
  • For the secondary, I'd love to see NYCFC fully advertise that they are the only club in New York City. So I have a subtle Manhattan skyline with the WTC features in the center. But I wanted the green color of the Statue of Liberty to be the main feature, with the black shirt allowing it to come through. I hope this kit is not too simple.
  • For the third, I wanted an orange shirt. But I'm trying to move the league in a direction where teams don't just cycle through their colors for secondary and third shirts. I'd rather teams embrace different colors. So I paired a maroon color with the orange and threw a stylized sash on the shirt.

S29nx2S.png

I really like the primary and secondary looks for NYCFC, but the third feels completely separate from the rest of the kits and honestly arbitrary. It seems like you picked orange and maroon just "because" and I don't think it works very well. If you want an orange shirt, maybe pair it with the navy from the main set, which would bring at least a little cohesion to the whole thing.

the user formerly known as cdclt

NYCFC is my team in MLS (even though I live closer to Toronto), so I was anxious to see what you would do. The first kit had a good idea behind it. The navy-orange-navy stripe is very nice, and I do think it should be included but not in the way you did it. That mid-drift stripe is not working for me. It looks way to out of place. The second kit though, that is a work of art. Take all of my money now. The Liberty Green against the black is an amazing color scheme, and I love the idea of putting skylines on kits. The third kit is also nothing short of amazing. The design and colors give me mad A.S. Roma vibes, and they have some of the best in the world. Nicely done but please, please do something about the stripe.

Thanks for the feedback!

5Y9Bxyh.png

2BLbM0u.png

m1kkafm.png

t83Quci.png

• In the last couple years, the Red Bulls identity has gone a bit haywire. The gray home shirt was a joke. While the red shirt and the newest all black kit look good, they don't feel like the Red Bulls. So I went full Red Bulls of the past, going white/red/white on the home kit, blue/yellow/blue on the away kit, and a Metrostars throwback as a third kit.

owN3nQM.png

Last team from the Northeast Division. I really appreciate those of you who have given feedback on almost every single concept.

aq6xwsm.png

pyUtJLf.png

C4fTbbn.png

zGgyGUQ.png

• Toronto's current home kit is one of their best ... the 2015 home kit is there too. But the 2017 with the gray sleeves just didn't work for me ... I don't think that much gray is really their identity. And the 2013 with the overwrought maple leaf design was too much. So I went the simple route because I think Toronto FC just looks better focusing on the red and white, and I included a more subtle maple leaf design.
  • I really wanted to use the old-style TFC crest with a concept. So I made a fauxback with burgundy and navy. Of the 90 kits in this series, this is one of my personal favorites. I hope you like it.
  • As much as I don't like Toronto throwing the onyx color onto their home shirts, it definitely works well as a secondary shirt color. So the third kit is an onyx with a brightened red to help it pop without the use of white.

gAytRug.png

Toronto very solid, and I'm glad you included the maple leaf on the home. The secondary kit does look very clean for a fauxback, but theres something going on with the crest on the third kit. It looks like the T disappeared on the onyx kit, might want to make it in red. When we're on the topic, man I really like the NYCFC second kit.

These last two have been super clean. Each set looks visually distinct while also feeling like they all belong together. Super excited to see the rest of this project!

2 hours ago, Vincady said:

Toronto very solid, and I'm glad you included the maple leaf on the home. The secondary kit does look very clean for a fauxback, but theres something going on with the crest on the third kit. It looks like the T disappeared on the onyx kit, might want to make it in red. When we're on the topic, man I really like the NYCFC second kit.

The T on that crest is the dark onyx color that's on the cuffs and small leaves. And yes, it disappears and should be changed. At the end I'll make a number of revisions, especially to logos and kits that need major reworking so I appreciate the constructive comments.

Southeast division preview:

8Xc5awN.png

• Atlanta: I brightened the red a few shades ... they have already done this on their uniforms but the official logo has a pretty dark red color
  • Miami: pink!
  • Nashville: complete redesign ... changed the shape of the logo from a stop sign to a guitar pick ... redesigned the sound waves to be unmistakably sound waves ... font choice is meant to give a neon sign feel ... features the stars from the Tennessee flag

Kinda digging the shade of red for ATL, interested to see that fully played out. 

also glad you went with the obvious choice for Miami, and digging the secondaries for Orlando. 

The only thing that’s not doing it for me is the Nashville logo. I’m happy you went with the pick shape (just begging to be a crest), but it feels like you’re just shoving the three logos in there and it’s ending up just overcrowded. Also I get what you’re going for with the sign font, but it’s giving off major Jurassic Park vibes. That being said, you’re onto something, just simplify it a bit, no need to do too much. 

eEODJRP.png

HKrY7I0.png

f0kDvAA.png

b2coQrN.png

• The primary features two large stripes, just like the logo. The gold has a flat sheen to it.
  • The secondary is inspired by the Atlanta flag, with a feather pattern in the sleeves.
  • The third is obviously Georgia peach inspired. It would be hard to see it, but there's a thin green line around the roundel logos.

zui3mux.png

As much as I hate to say it, Atlanta looks really good. Every kit makes sense and they all fit together to represent the club, city, and state. The one thing I don't like is the 3D effect on the black stripes on the primary kit. I think just a flat black would look better. 

As for the Southeast division, I'll echo what other posters have said about Nashville, but I think you only need to switch the font. I think Phosphorus (I believe that's what that font is) looks good but it doesn't quite work for a sports franchise. I think a block font would be better. Miami's pink is great and you were right to not touch DC and Orlando. Great work so far, keep it up!

Archived