Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2020 at 6:51 PM, dannykraft said:

I feel like I’m the only person here who loves the 3D senator. I hated the jersey design but loved all the logos and the font used on the edge uniforms. 

I thought it was okay. I didnt hate it but I feel like it had too much detail. The 2D logo was simpler.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, BandaBassotti said:

My bad, what an idiot. I miscounted the C's . But still, why would they put 1894 in there ? Weren't the original senators founded in 1883? Am i wrong? 🤔

The current Senators love to larp as if they were the team from the 1800s. It's the same reason they have all those "Stanley Cup Champions" banners that inexplicably had the centurion on them.

14 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The current Senators love to larp as if they were the team from the 1800s. It's the same reason they have all those "Stanley Cup Champions" banners that inexplicably had the centurion on them.

They really don't. The current franchise might not have won those Stanley Cups, but they were still won by a team that called Ottawa called home. I'm sure if the SuperSonics come back as an expansion team they'll have their '79 championship banner up in the rafters. 

The team named themselves after the original franchise & adopted the old colours, so I don't see what's wrong with a subtle nod on a secondary logo. We've made it through the centennial anniversaries of 8 of those Cups, and the team hasn't even done any sort of celebration.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank goodness for that, the large cut-off version was always ugly. Though is it just me being fooled by the arena's lighting, or does that look a lot like their original shade of gold, rather than the paler shade being used on other applications?

Archived