Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of us should be surprised that the Senators :censored:ed up with something as simple as going back to their original set.  The change to the hem stripes does not look good at all, especially on the white jersey.  

Since all the pics were deleted, were the sleeve stripes just red/black/red (on a white sleeve?) Seems like it'd look too much like the Devils. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Sens away jersey is now nearly a complete inverse of the late 90s roads, the ones with white stripes (though it needs a black hemstripe to complete the inversion).

And I usually prefer team-color NHL jerseys as they are more brand-centric (every team has white, so white jerseys are kinda brand-diluted) but the Flames' white jersey is really cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

They wouldn't be themselves if they didn't f...ed up something. Heh, at least it's better than current jerseys.

Even that seems like a stretch now... I thought that going with the vastly inferior original logo was just a consequence of going with a carbon copy of the original jerseys. Since this is not even the case, they should have went with the updated 2D logo and a better striping update.

Can't believe they would change the white jersey - as that was the most classic an consistent look they had (1993 - 2007). They used numerous dark jerseys during that time period. I liked the black sleeves on the white jersey. Now they look a bit like the Devils.

They should have just re-created these exactly.

spacer.png

Yeah, The away jerseys are a bit of a downgrade... I don't hate it, but again, just a pain when you get so close to a perfect set only to stumble short.

Maybe I'll change my mind seeing them in action. The black is still beautiful and seeing the old logo back still makes me have sparkly heart-shaped eyes.

14 hours ago, pepis21 said:

They wouldn't be themselves if they didn't f...ed up something. Heh, at least it's better than current jerseys.

They still are, but that is such a low bar to clear. They could've slapped the 2D logo onto plain black & white jerseys with no striping and it would still be an improvement on the current look.

The black sleeves on the white jersey was a unique look and helped the team stand out from NJ & Chicago. The black and red waist stripe was a nice homage to the barberpole striping. This whole rebrand is cashing in on '90s nostalgia, so I don't understand why you'd bother making these unnecessary change to the original template, especially when you didn't bother to update the logo at all.

At this point I won't be surprised if they move the sleeve numbers above the stripes.

That's a real shame about the black sleeves... was really hoping this chinese knockoff site from a few months ago had been accurate. I'm thinking this is a way better product than what we're going to see tomorrow:

EDIT: Also weird that the original report in The Athletic said the away jersey had the black forearms... not sure who to believe anymore.

The home jersey mockup is black with two red bands on the arms, encasing the numbers, and a single red stripe around the bottom. The away jersey is white with red bands on the arms and black forearms. It has a red stripe atop a black stripe running around its bottom edge.

Hailey Salvian, The Athletic (July 13, 2020)

Eef7EtPXoAArx2i?format=jpg&name=900x900

Archived