Professional League baseball

raysox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna be honest, I don't love the Pittsburgh Stallions. I think there's more that can be made out of a team name like that. The current design has some slight legibility issues, and I don't think it has as much character as some of your other designs.

That said, I love the voyageurs. I wonder if putting the M in a color other than white would make it more clear the face of the voyageur in the back. May I suggest powder blue? \

I'm sad to see the old Suns wordmark go because I loved it, but this is a nice evolution.

And I absolutely love the tridents. It's maybe not quite era-accurate, but it looks fantastic.

tinysig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I am way behind on these huh. So i decided to post this league onto the ootp forums, and doing so I expanded to a cool 24 teams for 1990, then begin uploading to those forums. The California Condors(of Anaheim) and New Orleans Swing are the expansion teams.

OOTP-League-California-Condors.png

OOTP-League-New-Orleans-Swing.png

But from there, I decided to really roll out the rebrands of the 1990s. Enjoy this logo dump!

OOTP-League-Atlanta-Peaches-1996.png

OOTP-League-Dallas-Toros-1992.pngOOTP-League-Denver-Coyotes-1994.png

OOTP-League-Houston-Saturns-1994.png

OOTP-League-Kansas-City-Thunder-1993.png

OOTP-League-Montreal-Voyageurs-1995.png

I have two expansion teams done too, but you'll get those later.

Love both of the new teams. The Swing look amazing and that name is especially clever. As for the 90's rebrands, they definitely look like the 90's, though I'm not sure if they're any better than their previous iterations. Altogether, I'm loving this series so far.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

9 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Love both of the new teams. The Swing look amazing and that name is especially clever. As for the 90's rebrands, they definitely look like the 90's, though I'm not sure if they're any better than their previous iterations. Altogether, I'm loving this series so far.

Well yeah, that's the 90s! I can think of some teams that will circle back to facelifted their original logo. I want to update Minnesota for the 90s but know I have gold with the Loon-state-shape logo, for example.

I have the 2010s Denver Coyotes logo done because what I did felt too modern, funny enough

Man, this thread just keeps getting better! I'm not feeling Atlanta or Montreal, but most '90s rebrands were pretty bad anyway. I'm having trouble figuring out what shape the Condors logo is supposed to be, but the Swing look great.

(As an aside, I was browsing the OOTP forum thread and someone suggested using Carolina instead of Charlotte - I wouldn't do that. Baseball isn't a regional enough sport to warrant using it instead of Charlotte.)

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just now, raysox said:

Admittedly the Condors isn't my best, since it's in an awkward period between 80s and 90s. But it's a mirrored C with a condor head in the middle. I had some different ideas for them, but likely looking to facelift sooner rather than later.

I thought I saw the mirrored C, but the white stroke around the beak made kind of an M at the bottom and it confused me a bit. I think they have a really solid foundation, however.

the user formerly known as cdclt

59 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

My only tweak would be removing the canoe-man from the voyagers logo. It’s a bit busy for the cap logo and much better suited for the primary. The M would be better by itself on the cap.

I'd love to see the canoe man as a logo on the hat all by itself.

N3d5IIl.png

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

My only tweak would be removing the canoe-man from the voyagers logo. It’s a bit busy for the cap logo and much better suited for the primary. The M would be better by itself on the cap.

I made the road cap just the M, so you can get a little taste.

caps-Montreal-Voyageurs-1995-away.png

Amazing work on all of this as usual. I'm a huge fan of that New Orleans look and the gradient peach in Atlanta's logo is a good 90's touch! Since I'm sure you plan on giving Pittsburgh a rebrand soon, I want to suggest adding the blue from the city flag to the color scheme as well. I think it would be a great way for them to still have the black and gold with a little more something to differentiate themselves from the other sports teams in the city. 

Vex Ed: A Contest for a New Pittsburgh City Flag! – Pittsburgh Orbit

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived