On 2/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, QCS said:

The Nets look good! It's a nice jersey, my only complaint is that the gray is a little too dark, it might be tough to see the numbers. Other than that, it's pretty nice!

Thanks! Yeah, I guess the grey could be lightened a bit, I was just rolling through these things haha. Didn't pay too much attention to the small details like that. 

19 hours ago, Krz said:

Loving this series man! 

Appreciate it! Still some pretty awesome ones coming up soon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas Mavericks - 1980

I think this might happen a couple times. Bringing back a classic uniform, but not with the colours everyone wants. I would also love the Mavs to bring back green into their colour scheme. But I had to follow my own set rules on this one too. That said, I think the double blue looks good with the retro style. Also, please give me a pass on forgetting the arms and collar striping on the back of the jersey, definitely only realized I forgot those right now, but it should be there. I also love that M logo. Simple, but keeps the basketball in there as is required by the league. In my opinion, the Mavericks current uniforms are pretty uninspired and boring. While this isn't that much more exciting, it still just looks better.

spacer.png

Indiana Pacers - 1984

I love the Pacers colours. Gold and blue just work so well. And according to Sportslogos.net, the Pacers didn't wear this style in gold in 1984. Judging on how it looks, maybe they should have. Nothing special to say about this one. A classic that just looks good.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, QCS said:

Very nice! I love that look for the Pacers and with an updated logo and number font that would be gorgeous look for today.

One of a couple that I think could easily transition into a full time look. The rest of the those are still coming up as well!

Los Angeles Clippers - 1984

I think most of us can agree, the current Clippers look is pretty lacklustre. When they rebranded, I think we were all expecting something a lot better than what they put out. I'm also certain a lot of people would've liked to see a reverse retro style uniform from their San Diego days. I decided to keep it in the LA era. It's pretty close to the uniform they wore in 1984, with the addition of black, which I think actually makes it look pretty cool. While it's nothing special, I'd say its still much better than what they currently wear. But that's just my opinion

spacer.png

On 1/26/2021 at 4:53 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

I'll be going in order from the earliest year to the latest year based on the teaser. So without further ado...

Boston Celtics - 1946

Boston was one of those teams that hasn't really changed much. So making a new uniform concept for them was actually pretty tough. I do like having a black alternate for them though, and putting the classic logo from 1946 on the waistband was about all I could do.

Any C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

You could aslo have the older shorts design like seen here. On one hand I like the consistency the Celtics have had over the years, but on the other hand we have suffered in specialty jerseys because of it 

ZUH86xc.png

12 hours ago, johne9109 said:

You could aslo have the older shorts design like seen here. On one hand I like the consistency the Celtics have had over the years, but on the other hand we have suffered in specialty jerseys because of it 

Yeah, that design looks pretty cool, I don't remember seeing it when I was looking in the uniforms, otherwise I might've chosen that one instead.

I am very excited about this one...

Denver Nuggets - 1985

First of all, I was a little sad when Denver switched over to basically the exact same colour scheme as the Cavs. It didn't make sense to me. But this is one way they could stand out from the Cavs. I have always loved the skyline jersey. And using their current colours works really well. It's one of my favourites. The only change I might make is the make the back number white, so it could be read easier, but other than that, I love this jersey. An old school look, but honestly could work as their full time look, with the addition maybe of their current logo.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, QCS said:

Denver looks solid, the skyline jerseys aren't my personal favorites but these look good.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Denver looks great but I agree on the back number being white, I think it would pop better off the jersey and just overall look cleaner. Can't wait for the jazz and grizzlies designs

Thanks, yeah, maybe I'll add all the changes at the end of the series. Got a couple that once I posted them here, I realized some of the changes I should've added. I also can't wait to post the Jazz and Grizzlies, they're both in the top 5 favourites of mine in this series. 

A 2 post day today!

OKC Thunder - 1985

As you could probably tell by the year, this predates their time in OKC. You know I had to bring back the Super Sonics! My biggest trouble with this concept, was figuring out what OKC's main colours were. They have so many colours, it was hard to find out what combo would work. I stuck with the double blue and yellow, with some orange accent on the waistband. I wouldn't say it's my favourite concept in this series, but I love bringing back the Seattle look. My biggest issue with this style is the fonts, and the placement of the text on the arc. I actually quite hate it haha. But I stuck with style of the era, even the text. If the NBA ever returns to Seattle, I think they could use this jersey style, but maybe changing that text would be in their best interest. 

spacer.png

We are on to the second half of the league, the half with all my favourite concepts for the series. So be prepared for some pretty cool ones.

Orlando Magic - 1989

What's better than the Orlando Magic pinstripes? Nothing. The classic pinstripes. With a logo that has more personality than their current look in my opinion. They wore a similar uniform to this from 1994-1998, but never with the "Magic" word mark on the front. They brought back the blue "Orlando" pinstripes for the 30th anniversary. I think putting "Magic" on the front just looks better. Especially to wear on the home court. Another one of those concepts that with an updated logo, and a white version of this uniform, could honestly work better as a full time look than what they have right now. This isn't even in my top 5 from this series, so you know we are going to get to some even more awesome concepts yet!

spacer.png

Another 2 for 1 day!

Phoenix Suns - 1982

When the Phoenix Suns got a new look in 2013, they took a lot of ideas from this very look. Just modernized a bit. Cleaned up. So why not bring back this look as a retro alternate for this series? Another team with a colour scheme that I love. Like many NBA teams, the Suns colours haven't changed much since they began playing, so it's not as wild of a change. A darker purple is really the only change, but I wouldn't want to change these uniforms too much. I could have made an orange version of this uniform, which might be a miss on my part. I could add that into the end of the series. I just love this look. It's not too busy as can happen with lots of 90's uniforms. And imagining this uniform style on a modern template, I would love to see it. What they did with their new "The Valley" uniforms though, those are pretty sick too.

spacer.png

Sacremento Kings - 1994

This is the first uniform that I uploaded and then decided to go back and change it. I originally had it with the same look as 1994 with the purple and black. But their current look uses a lot more grey than black, so I updated the look. I think the grey looks better than the black anyway. I didn't look into the history of the racing flag striping on the side, or why the Kings use it, but I love it. It probably fits the Pacers better, but oh well. They only wore it for 3 seasons, so why not bring it back as a fun reverse retro uniform. 

spacer.png

This next concept is my favourite of the entire series. There's one other that is a super close second, but I'm very excited for this one...

Memphis Grizzlies - 1995

The Memphis/Vancouver Grizzlies. Throwing it back to one of my favourite uniforms in NBA history. And it just so happens to be from Canada, my favourite country haha. The current Grizzlies colour compliment this logo and uniform style so well, I think they could just change their look back to this, with Memphis in place of Vancouver, and people would embrace it. I don't have too many words for it because it's just so beautiful. Making the yellow more prominent in this jersey just makes them pop even more. I love everything about these.

spacer.png

Archived