Miami Heat - 1995

I don't think the Miami Heat have ever worn a yellow uniform, but why not? As one of their official colours, I thought why not. To be honest, I think it works really well. I never understood the Heat word mark from this era, why the A looks so strange, but other than that, this uniform just works. It's different from all their other uniforms and gives us a break from their Miami vice uniforms they put out every single year. 

spacer.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I knew exactly what I was gonna get with the grizzlies! Love it, like you mentioned, the yellow really pops

I think it was the obvious choice for the Grizzlies and it just works so well. That was definitely my favourite one to make, and my second favourite will be coming up pretty soon!

Milwaukee Bucks - 1995

This is definitely the Anaheim Ducks of the NBA in terms of the reverse retro series. The Ducks put out a throwback to their crazy wild wing uniforms, with a very obvious 90's feel to it. I really wanted to include at least one insane, crazy concept in this series, and what better than this just odd uniform the Bucks wore in 1995. They only wore it for 4 seasons, really making this uniform such an oddity. I'm not sure what response to the uniform was, I never looked into it. It is weird to me that the logo looks so different from the buck they used on the uniform, but that's just the 90's I guess. The blue is the perfect colour to make this even crazier, since it's more of an alternate colour that they don't use much. I think this uniform concept is so crazy, that it just fits this Reverse Retro perfectly.

spacer.png

I remember the originals being a big hit with people under 30. Personally, they were my favorite out of that entire set. I thought the buck was cool and I liked that they were green. Never cared for them in purple.

Any chance we could see these in black rather than blue?

6 hours ago, NicDB said:

I remember the originals being a big hit with people under 30. Personally, they were my favorite out of that entire set. I thought the buck was cool and I liked that they were green. Never cared for them in purple.

Any chance we could see these in black rather than blue?

Yeah, personally, I just love the blue as a main colour for a Bucks uniform. I won't be making changes right now, but I'm considering making some secondary options for some of these concepts once I have gotten through the full series. Which is coming quick! Also, I tried sticking to the current colour scheme of the Bucks, which if they have black in there, than that's just something I missed! I'll look into making a secondary concept of this one though, thanks for the suggestion!

14 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Yeah, personally, I just love the blue as a main colour for a Bucks uniform. I won't be making changes right now, but I'm considering making some secondary options for some of these concepts once I have gotten through the full series. Which is coming quick! Also, I tried sticking to the current colour scheme of the Bucks, which if they have black in there, than that's just something I missed! I'll look into making a secondary concept of this one though, thanks for the suggestion!

Black is as prominent of a supporting color as blue is in terms of their appearance on the jerseys:

GettyImages-1228289089.jpg

But, blue actually makes an appearance in a tertiary logo, fittingly representing Wisconsin's water borders:

2401_milwaukee_bucks-alternate-2016.png

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Toronto Raptors - 1995

This is my second favourite concept of the series. Partly because I'm Canadian and this is Canada's team, and partly because this uniform is just so unique and just looks awesome. I loved the purple and red era, but the red, white, and black just fits as Canada's team. The Raptors released a new black uniform this year with the pinstripes on it, but they were greyed out and partially hidden. I think this would've been a far better option for the team as an alternate. I think this one is so good, it could just stay permanently. But we all know the NBA loves to have brand new uniforms every single year. 

spacer.png

That is very nice, I love the look! Each team looks good, but I'm not super sold on blue for Milwaukee. I don't think it contrasts well enough with the green to use it as a base. I'll second trying it in black after the series is over.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, QCS said:

That is very nice, I love the look! Each team looks good, but I'm not super sold on blue for Milwaukee. I don't think it contrasts well enough with the green to use it as a base. I'll second trying it in black after the series is over.

Part of the reason I used the blue, was just to go with that kind of crazy reverse retro kind of style that comes with that design. I think black would've made it seem too normal haha. But I'll look into seeing what black can look like once this series ends. 

Minnesota Timberwolves - 1996

One of my favourite uniforms since the mid 90's. The Minnesota Timberwolves. I loved the little trees they added into the design, it added so much personality the their look. The new uniforms, just don't have that same feel anymore and I wish they used the green on the main uniforms more. Modern looks to a uniform can be great, but what the T-Wolves had, was so specific to Minnesota. Everyone knew what team it was. I chose grey just to make it different from anything else they have worn. Also, the bright green definitely works better as an accent colour, rather than a main colour. Similar to what I did with the yellow in the Grizzlies uniforms. The new logo looks cool and all, but their logo from 1996, just looks way more intimidating. An intimidating logo isn't necessary for a good brand, but it really works for the T-Wolves. Or it did work. This is one of my favourites.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

These last few are easily the best of the series. Grizzlies, Raptors, Timberwolves all great

I totally agree, all are good enough to be full time away sets. I think the wolves one is underrated, those colors just look so beautiful off of the grey base. As much as I like the old shade of blue from the KG era and of course the blacked out alts, this is the perfect way to bring that set into the modern era. Also the raptors, sheeeeesh, that looks so cool on a black jersey. I've seen concepts like that before including purple, but the red black and white look very clean in comparison. Another perfect refresh of an awesome uniform that would fit perfectly in today's league. Great work.

15 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

These last few are easily the best of the series. Grizzlies, Raptors, Timberwolves all great

Yeah, the second half of the league was a lot more fun to make. Teams with less history seem to have more fun designs it seems.

5 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I totally agree, all are good enough to be full time away sets. I think the wolves one is underrated, those colors just look so beautiful off of the grey base. As much as I like the old shade of blue from the KG era and of course the blacked out alts, this is the perfect way to bring that set into the modern era. Also the raptors, sheeeeesh, that looks so cool on a black jersey. I've seen concepts like that before including purple, but the red black and white look very clean in comparison. Another perfect refresh of an awesome uniform that would fit perfectly in today's league. Great work.

I really loved the T-Wolves concept. And definitely love the Raptors uniform. I recreated that one in NBA 2K21, and I'll say, it looks really good in the game. If the Grizzlies didn't look so good, the Raptors would be my favourite in this series. I think you should be excited for this next one.

Utah Jazz - 1996

The purple and blue and random bronze colour the Jazz wore from 1996 looked cool and all, but I love their current colours. Blue, yellow, and green. It just feels unique. Their brand new city uniform for this year looks pretty sweet too. But I think I prefer this concept. A nice throwback to their 96 days. They wore a true throwback a couple years back, with the purple and blue but these colours just work so well. This concept is basically a modern version of their white jersey from 1996. I love those mountains on the front. So clean. 

spacer.png

The funny think is that I don't really like the Nets current boring scheme and I don't really like the 1977 design you based it off. But that's my favorite concept so far. It's an absolutely perfect way to do "reverse retro."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

The funny think is that I don't really like the Nets current boring scheme and I don't really like the 1977 design you based it off. But that's my favorite concept so far. It's an absolutely perfect way to do "reverse retro."

Appreciate the comment! I've never been a fan of the Nets current look. I think it's possible to use the colour scheme well, they just haven't. The 1977 design isn't my favourite in their history, but I love uniforms that do something a little different, and still look good, without getting too crazy. 

Detroit Pistons - 1996

I think most of us can agree that the current Detroit Pistons logo might even have the Brooklyn Nets beat for most boring logo in the league. So why not bring back this classic? They once used this logo in a blue and red colour scheme, but as far as I know, they never put this uniform style in the blue and red colours. And it looks sweet! I know their current look is based off of their history, but this logo era was definitely the best they have looked, in my opinion. I think with a bit of a logo clean up, this look could and maybe should return in Detroit.

spacer.png

Archived