College Baseball MLB Inspired Uniform Elements

45 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

That Maryland-Nats one is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe.  To me, the connections are the piping and the logo and number placement.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple I came across just now...Nevada from about a decade ago, Red Sox-style N + 90s Padres-like jersey lettering (there was also a pinstriped version, but the only pic I could find of that didn't have a great look at the script)

CropKrzmarzick_Cole_Virginia_Tech_2_2417

Villanova with the 80s Mets style racing stripes

2022_05_21VUBaseballvCreighton_0156.JPG?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 6/13/2022 at 8:41 PM, eastfirst107 said:

Because I don't think "College Baseball NHL Inspired Uniform Elements" would make for a very long thread...

I get using this modified Habs logo on a hockey jersey, St. Cloud State, but wow, this looks weird on a baseball uniform:

St. Cloud State gains No. 1 ranking in latest polls | NCAA.com

St. John's, St. Cloud State Baseball Post Wins

Coach Interview: St. Cloud State College Baseball Coach - Pat Dolan -  Playced | Blog

Honestly, I think it might look weird because you're so used to seeing that C in a hockey context. But so many baseball uniform logos are letter-based, and this is no exception. I actually like it better for baseball than I do for hockey.

• Like 1

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 7/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, Discrim said:

A couple I came across just now...Nevada from about a decade ago, Red Sox-style N + 90s Padres-like jersey lettering (there was also a pinstriped version, but the only pic I could find of that didn't have a great look at the script)

CropKrzmarzick_Cole_Virginia_Tech_2_2417

Looks like the Nevada equipment managers are cleaning out the back room, as there's a huge stash of their jerseys available on Ebay, including said pinstripe version and late 80s-early 90s Rangers-style road gray. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=nevada+baseball+jersey&_sacat=0spacer.pngspacer.png

Why is there a MLB patch on that gray Nevada jersey?  

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This Royals-style white has it too...

s-l1600.jpg

...as does this one with the Expos' racing stripes.  Considering that patch was rather explicitly commemorating 125 years of professional baseball, that a college program was wearing it at all seems very strange.  I almost wanna start digging to see if it was just Nevada.

s-l1600.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 year later...