USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

6 hours ago, WideRight said:

It's a little more basic than that.  Who is moving, and to where?  No need to change their nickname, just their logo because it is city-specific, so, new logo. 

St. Louis Knights colors + Tennessee Titans logo = Tennessee Knights is my guess, possibly Nashville Knights, either one would work since the logo has the main element of the Tennessee state flag

Edited by Dozap17
Wanted to add more to this post

2 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

Why are people trying to move Ohio? 

My guess is that the Glory may not necessarily leave the state itself, if they do move it'd be up north to Cleveland if they run into stadium issues in Columbus (Ohio Stadium being too big, Crew Stadium too small)

On 10/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, WideRight said:

Not to give too much away, but you might want to get used to this helmet/logo being seen around the USFL.   It is the first of what will become a cascade effect of movement.  

spacer.png

My favorite NFL team IRL coming to the USFL instead? Sign. me. up. 

xFUdNmt.png

On 10/31/2022 at 7:29 PM, neo_prankster said:

@WideRight

Have you seen the new Seattle Sea Dragons logo? Could that be a logo you could use for the Dragons of this universe?

Could happen, though I certainly like the 2020 Dragons logo better than this new one.  My overall view of the 2023 XFL is that they screwed up several identities and invented a couple of really bad ones just to make the whole thing stink.   The new logos look  more like Axe body spray or e-sports designs than football designs. 

• Like 1

OK, just about to publish the article where the move from St. Louis to Nashville becomes official.  So you all get a bit of a preview. 

Initially, and for most of the 2002 season, the uniforms are unchanged, and the helmet is reduced to the basics as the club awaits new branding and does not want to use the logo with the Arch in it.  So, this is the 2002 look:

spacer.png

Just a wordmark and a helmet with player number.  But, at some point in the 2002 season the club will unveil their new look, and, with permission of the league, they will wear this if they qualify for the 2002 playoffs.

spacer.png

The uniforms remain basically as they were (based on LA Xtreme of XFL), but with the new sword (Titans-based) logo, and alternate logos including an "N-with-sword" and the state flag motif.   Not sure how long the Knights will keep this motif.

Also not sure how long St. Louis will go without a USFL club, or whether we will see more teams move as sales are pending on several clubs.  I guess you would need to tune in to find out.   

See it all play out at https://apsbertsche.wixsite.com/mysite

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1