USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

Coming soon... a surprise 4th new look for 2002 as the St. Louis Knights are being sold (owner forced out) and the buyer is not going to keep them in St. Louis.  Relocation = new logos and uniforms in 2002.  

More after that as a wave of team sales is going to lead to some new locations, and potentially a movement for the league to expand in the near future to bring back some of the "abandoned" cities.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WideRight said:

Coming soon... a surprise 4th new look for 2002 as the St. Louis Knights are being sold (owner forced out) and the buyer is not going to keep them in St. Louis.  Relocation = new logos and uniforms in 2002.  

More after that as a wave of team sales is going to lead to some new locations, and potentially a movement for the league to expand in the near future to bring back some of the "abandoned" cities.  

Boston? Dallas? Las Vegas? Toronto? 

xFUdNmt.png

Here is what I can tell you before it is announced on the Alt History site:

From 2002-2010 we will have 4 clubs relocate.

Three of those cities will get replacement teams in a 4-team expansion.

1 new market will get an expansion team. 

Of the 4 relocated teams, only 1 will create an entirely new identity.  

Of the cities getting relocated or expansion clubs, all 4 are current NFL cities. 

One of the new cities will lose their team in the decade of 2010-2020 but will get an almost immediate replacement as another team will relocate late in the 2010's.  

How is that for vague?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WideRight said:

Here is what I can tell you before it is announced on the Alt History site:

Of the cities getting relocated or expansion clubs, all 4 are current NFL cities. 

One of the new cities will lose their team in the decade of 2010-2020 but will get an almost immediate replacement as another team will relocate late in the 2010's.  

How is that for vague?

I'd still like for San Diego to get a USFL team at some point.

If Portland ends up losing their current team, I feel like you could give them another one called the Axemen with the XFL "Ax" logo on their helmet.

For the LA Express, I feel like you could still get away with having an "X" in their next logo as a nod to the airport.

New markets I would personally like to see are Raleigh-Durham, Omaha, Louisville, Rochester, Hartford, Mexico City, Toronto, Vancouver, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Austin and San Diego like I said.

12 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

I'd still like for San Diego to get a USFL team at some point.

If Portland ends up losing their current team, I feel like you could give them another one called the Axemen with the XFL "Ax" logo on their helmet.

For the LA Express, I feel like you could still get away with having an "X" in their next logo as a nod to the airport.

New markets I would personally like to see are Raleigh-Durham, Omaha, Louisville, Rochester, Hartford, Mexico City, Toronto, Vancouver, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Austin and San Diego like I said.

Really love that idea for Portland Axmen 

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

9 minutes ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

I know this is off topic but I was wondering how do you post a topic 

btw your concepts are what inspired me to post on this board in the first place

As noted in the forum FAQs, new members can only start a topic after you've posted three replies in other threads around the boards. It cuts down on spambot activity.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:16 AM, WideRight said:

All signs point to the Portland Thunder and St. Louis Knights relocating. Each of those market seems likely to receive a replacement team  via the 4-team expansion.

Other teams that strike me as being strong candidates for relocation are the Atlanta Fire (irrelevant in their market), Memphis Showboats (suboptimal stadium situation and low discretionary income in market), Oakland Invaders (city trails San Francisco and San Jose in relevance within Bay Area market), and Ohio Glory (suboptimal stadium situation).

Whether Atlanta, Memphis, or Oakland  would receive a replacement team would depend upon whether the problematic issues in their respective markets were resolved and/or whether a USFL franchise was likely to encroach - via relocation or expansion - on their territory. On the latter point, if the Showboats were to relocate to Nashville, I'd say that USFL leadership would be unlikely to expand/relocate back into Memphis in the near term, if at all. Ditto for Oakland getting back into the USFL if a team were to set up shop in San Francisco or San Jose. As for the Glory, I'd envision them most likely retaining their branding and relocating to either Cincinnati or Cleveland simply to escape the cavernous confines of Ohio Stadium. That said, I could see the team heavily marketing itself throughout the State of Ohio, including to Columbus-based fans.

New markets entering the USFLas part of the flurry of activity you've described between 2002 and 2010 will include Boston, Dallas, and Miami. I could also foresee Charlotte, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Nashville, Salt Lake City, and San Diego being given consideration.

I can't wait to see what's coming down the pike.

• Like 1

The St. Louis Knights moving is a given; the Portland Thunder I'm saying it's 50/50 at this point that they move, depending on if that new stadium plan is approved, if not, then they'll be on the move next.

As for the other two teams that might move, It'll likely be two among the Atlanta Fire, Birmingham Stallions, Memphis Showboats, Oakland Invaders, Ohio Glory, and maybe the Orlando Renegades. Of those, I see Birmingham, Memphis (if Nashville doesn't get a USFL team) and Oakland the most likely candidates to get a replacement team, as well as St. Louis and maybe Portland if the Thunder move and a stadium plan is passed after a relocation in order to attract one of the four expansion teams.

But anything's possible, and I'm definitely looking forward to see what transpires...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dozap17 said:

The St. Louis Knights moving is a given; the Portland Thunder I'm saying it's 50/50 at this point that they move, depending on if that new stadium plan is approved, if not, then they'll be on the move next.

As for the other two teams that might move, It'll likely be two among the Atlanta Fire, Birmingham Stallions, Memphis Showboats, Oakland Invaders, Ohio Glory, and maybe the Orlando Renegades. Of those, I see Birmingham, Memphis (if Nashville doesn't get a USFL team) and Oakland the most likely candidates to get a replacement team, as well as St. Louis and maybe Portland if the Thunder move and a stadium plan is passed after a relocation in order to attract one of the four expansion teams.

But anything's possible, and I'm definitely looking forward to see what transpires...

Not to give too much away, but you might want to get used to this helmet/logo being seen around the USFL.   It is the first of what will become a cascade effect of movement.  

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 2