USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

27 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

I’m glad to know you won’t be replacing the Breakers with the VooDoo. The former has one of the best unforms helmet logo and colors in the history of professional football. To replace that with a subpar Arena team logo would’ve been a grave mistake. If you end up moving Breakers back to Boston maybe try creating your own team name and logo keep the NOLA color theme. Not the awful VooDoo name or logo. That’s Arena League stuff not big time pro ball IMO 

You guys are probably right. I was always a fan of the VooDoo name and look but the Breakers were a sweet helmet. Can’t really argue with that point. I do also support the idea above of Bob Kraft being the breakers back home tho. Best of both worlds.

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 4/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, BengalErnst said:

You guys are probably right. I was always a fan of the VooDoo name and look but the Breakers were a sweet helmet. Can’t really argue with that point. I do also support the idea above of Bob Kraft being the breakers back home tho. Best of both worlds.

I actually got VooDoo confused with another franchise in ArenaBall. They were called the New Orleans Night. So that’s my bad. The VooDoo had a pretty decent logo and the colors fit. Too many singular nicknames in the USFL though. Maybe another nickname could be thought of?.....just my 2 cents 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

7 hours ago, mkg74 said:

I actually got VooDoo confused with another franchise in ArenaBall. They were called the New Orleans Night. So that’s my bad. The VooDoo had a pretty decent logo and the colors fit. Too many theme names in the USFL though. Maybe another nickname could be thought of?.....just my 2 cents 

Mkg74, define what you mean by a "theme" name.  Do you mean a singular name or a name related to local culture?  Not sure what you are objecting to?  The WFL had a ton of singular names, while the USFL largely did not (except the Blitz and Express), and having a team name that connects to local history, fauna, etc. seems smart to me.  I'd much rather have an LA team named after something to do with surfing or Hollywood than the Lakers, Dodgers or Rams, which have no connection whatsoever to what LA is all about.  So, what is the question here?  Not trying to be snarky, honestly want to know.

5 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

I’m wondering myself on if every team name that doesn’t end with an “s” is considered singular 

I wouldn't consider it to be. For example, despite "Kraken" not ending in 's', the word itself is plural, as such, cannot be singular. Of course, the team hasn't specified if they are using the term as a singular or plural noun, but for now I assume it's plural.

the user formerly known as cdclt

OK, Next crowdsourcing question.   I have a new Denver Gold logo ready to go once Nike takes over branding in the mid-90's, but the Gold are getting a uniform update from Russell Athletic/Champion in 1990.  Do I go with their standard logo or is there an intermediary logo that they use for a few years?  I designed two potential varaiations on their original starburst logo.  Do you think either is a worthwhile change, or should I stick with the original logo until the team is ready to do a full overhaul later in the decade?

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, WideRight said:

OK, Next crowdsourcing question.   I have a new Denver Gold logo ready to go once Nike takes over branding in the mid-90's, but the Gold are getting a uniform update from Russell Athletic/Champion in 1990.  Do I go with their standard logo or is there an intermediary logo that they use for a few years?  I designed two potential varaiations on their original starburst logo.  Do you think either is a worthwhile change, or should I stick with the original logo until the team is ready to do a full overhaul later in the decade?

spacer.png

Proposal 2

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

OK, Next crowdsourcing question. I have a new Denver Gold logo ready to go once Nike takes over branding in the mid-90's, but the Gold are getting a uniform update from Russell Athletic/Champion in 1990.  Do I go with their standard logo or is there an intermediary logo that they use for a few years?

I'd stick with their standard logo until Nike takes over branding in the mid-'90s.

Not to give too much away, but let's just say that a well-known Nintendo gaming company is going to strike a deal with the USFL in 1990, and that their groundbreaking football game will have both USFL official teams and players for the 1990 edition.   Thought you all would like a preview. 

spacer.png

PS: Herschel Walker will be unstoppable in this game.  UNSTOPPABLE!!!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

I could not resist.  Not Bo Jackson, but Herschel, Kelvin, Cribbs, you name it. 

FYI:  In order that is...

Baltimore-New Jersey-Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Washington

Birmingham-Jacksonville-Memphis-Orlando-Tampa Bay

Chicago-Houston-Michigan-New Orleans-Texas

Arizona-Denver-LA-Oakland-Portland

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

I could not resist.  Not Bo Jackson, but Herschel, Kelvin, Cribbs, you name it. 

FYI:  In order that is...

Baltimore-New Jersey-Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Washington

Birmingham-Jacksonville-Memphis-Orlando-Tampa Bay

Chicago-Houston-Michigan-New Orleans-Texas

Arizona-Denver-LA-Oakland-Portland

I didnt notice it before but Chicago does have a lot of similarity to Michigan, I see why the Panthers were mad about the Machine using those colors (in universe). Maybe a reboot is needed for the blue collar team, they've struggled to succeed in their current look. 

• Like 2