A Match Made in New Jersey: Bisons to play as Trenton Thunder

A Match Made in New Jersey: Bisons to play as Trenton Thunder

April 10, 2021 - 14:16 PM

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of strange things to happen in the world of sports, and here’s another one to add to the list: The Buffalo Bisons, Triple-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, will play their 2021 home games as the Trenton Thunder, former Double-A affiliate of

Read More...

Better this than being a traveling team, strange though it is.  Interestingly enough, the Biloxi Shuckers had to do something like this early in their first season, IIRC.  Their new ballpark wasn't ready for the start of the season, so they played some home games in...drumroll please...the very place they'd just moved from: Huntsville, Alabama.  They even wore their old Stars uniforms.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So what happens when the Draft League begins?  Will there be two Trenton Thunder's?  Will the Draft League just have a temporary team in a place that lost their team like Norwich, Lowell, Hagerstown, Staten Island?

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

So what happens when the Draft League begins?  Will there be two Trenton Thunder's?  Will the Draft League just have a temporary team in a place that lost their team like Norwich, Lowell, Hagerstown, Staten Island?

From the end of the article it sounds like that may be the case. 

23 hours ago, dont care said:

It just seems like another minor league gimmick.

And, that’s why I’m fine with it. It’s the minor leagues.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, sc49erfan15 said:

That was the intent.

Quick.  Get Mike Tyson on the line for some promos.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived