Heavy's United Alliance of Extreme Football - Arizona Wranglers **46/48**

heavybass

14 minutes ago, heavybass said:

If there was a team in Boston or Baltimore then I would of merged the two teams, unfortuately there isn't so two DC teams will have to be.... if it means anything they don't play each other every season.

So essentially a NYJ-NYG/LAC-LAR/PHI-PIT situation?

Next team up #9... a team from the UFL with terrible helmet stripe designs but have a good uniform set so I went with it.

HARTFORD COLONIALS
ABLVV86UgnLok7xvz5ZQ23iUc8jE-mRLwIV1-5gK

The Colonials are the northern most side in the Eastern division and they have fresh rivalries with a good number of teams with their traditional style... also the fact that their blue is the same blue used by the legendary Whalers.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's United Alliance of Extreme Football - Hartford Colonials **09/??**

And now because I'm in a creative mood... team #10 is here, another UFL side that won it's league but the look was bad... I mean I wasn't sure what to make them, either New York Sentinels or a botched attempt at New England Patriots so looking at their colour scheme and the fact that they tried to be Patriots means only one thing... well if you are trying to look like Patriots, you might as well go for the full effort.

Plus Navy is retired for the Pats so this is perfect.

VIRGINIA DESTROYERS
ABLVV847MqkEtxMNlIv3IeqDrthultPFXhkIzjez

The Destroyers of Norfolk are a team that look the best but do they play the best? Rivalries include the Apollos and the Bolts for that IRL NE/Florida/New York symmentry as well as other teams... the Generals aren't big fans of theirs and neither is their main rival, the Colonials.

Half bonus is that they also adapted another classic look in the form of the Norfolk Neptunes, a very OLD team that one day may come back if i do the D-League idea one day... considering the Neptunes were going to be Washington's but that concept never left the ground or the thread never did.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's United Alliance of Extreme Football - Virginia Destroyers **10/??**

You thought I was done? WRONG.... team #11 and the team that links Florida to Hartford.... has a real buzz about them.

CHARLOTTE HORNETS
ABLVV87bzzLmoY0knKr9f_JVK8XgR3oBLHzaM7QS

Certainly didn't expect this lot did you? No when I thought about the Charlotte Hornets... the more it makes sense to me to put them in the East division linking Jacksonville to Norfolk... and to compare them to the New Orleans Saints... the helmet literally screamed to me this is Saints, this is Saints before and this is Saints afterwards so I put them in current Saints set just get rid of the fleurs for the hornets and you literally HAVE the New Orleans Saints as they are.

The logo featured was done by @WideRight in his concept and it actually fits the aesthetic of this team from the mid 70's BUT the fans are making a buzz of their own since in hindsight and like actual Saints... the bright yellow striped pants were the best look.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's United Alliance of Extreme Football - Charlotte Hornets **11/??**
11 hours ago, heavybass said:

If there was a team in Boston or Baltimore then I would of merged the two teams, unfortuately there isn't so two DC teams will have to be.... if it means anything they don't play each other every season.

Then why not move one of them to Boston or Baltimore? You've been doing uni changes (and a fine job at that), so what's one city change?

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Next up team #12... the compensation pick for a team that missed out on the Federals relocation and the tenth team for the Eastern division.

and an excuse to do an NFL expansion failure.

BALTIMORE BOMBERS
ABLVV87vKk1iukYA1fOBPWyOMHhSQet1qSPZHhDa

When you didn't feel like making a Baltimore Stallions concept because you have no plans for Canadian football league nor the fact that Stallions of two different cities is already in the consideration list.... I decide to pull a rabbit out of the hat and essentially go for a modern esc take on a team that missed out to the Panthers and to the Jags in the NFL.

The Bombers being included here means that there is in fact a loser in this... and it is the Pittsburgh Maulers who have been moved to the Central Division.

((Logo was made by @hugevolsfan originally))

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's United Alliance of Extreme Football - Baltimore Bombers **12/??**
1 hour ago, Artisan219 said:

Wait... how close do you think Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are? Or are you referencing the time the teams merged during the player shortage during WW2?

I meant it in the sense that they’re in the same state. Yes, further apart than Audi Field to FedEx Field, but still share the same state, nonetheless.

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I meant it in the sense that they’re in the same state. Yes, further apart than Audi Field to FedEx Field, but still share the same state, nonetheless.

Yeah, but they're 300 miles apart so I just wondered why you lumped them into LA and NYC that share stadiums (the Raiders could've shared the stadium with the 49ers, but by the time the team had exhausted all options in Oakland, they would've been the minority partner in the stadium deal... and when the NFL opted to give the Chargers first bid on LA, the Raiders ended up in Las Veagas).

49 minutes ago, Artisan219 said:

Yeah, but they're 300 miles apart so I just wondered why you lumped them into LA and NYC that share stadiums (the Raiders could've shared the stadium with the 49ers, but by the time the team had exhausted all options in Oakland, they would've been the minority partner in the stadium deal... and when the NFL opted to give the Chargers first bid on LA, the Raiders ended up in Las Veagas).

I was simply referencing the point made by @heavybass about using both the Federals and Defenders given they are within such close proximity of each other. However, considering the Federals are being moved to Boston, this discussion is now obsolete.

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I was simply referencing the point made by @heavybass about using both the Federals and Defenders given they are within such close proximity of each other. However, considering the Federals are being moved to Boston, this discussion is now obsolete.

They have been moved to Boston, they are probably going to keep the current look for now

Team #13... and the last team in the Eastern to complete an unofficial trifecta in terms of rivalry.... we have Navy (Destroyers), we have Air Force (Bombers) and now we bring in the Army...

NEW JERSEY GENERALS
ABLVV87Vrmskm67k_n7XRGYP4FZ-b-M4KvwpA0lL

The team that was infamous owned by a Billionaire turned President... the Generals move away from their traditional looks in their 3 years in the USFL and embrace darker colors for warfare... New Jersey doesn't have much good teams but in the Eastern, the Gens are one of the top sides... full of musclepower and grit and hotdogs.