Thrift Store Gems 2022

That Stars jersey is a bit of an oddity, I'm pretty sure the sleeve stripes always had the number gap when that style was in use.  Maybe a goof or something.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 4/22/2022 at 12:58 AM, Gobbi said:

Wow, that’s quite the score! What were the other jerseys if you don’t mind me asking?

Tavon Austin, RGIII, DeMarcus Lawrance, Kendall Wright, a few more guys like that... they had belonged to Terrance Williams from the Cowboys, but he apparently didn't bother to pay his $50 storage locker bill, so he let $10K+ of jerseys go for free 😂

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:34 PM, Discrim said:

That Stars jersey is a bit of an oddity, I'm pretty sure the sleeve stripes always had the number gap when that style was in use.  Maybe a goof or something.

I looked back at it when I was clocked in the other day, and I'm 90% sure it's just a beer league jersey with the North Stars' color scheme and logo. The striping widths,  the number outlines, and the collar were all off. Plus, the name on the back didn't match anybody who wore #11 for the North Stars or the Dallas Stars.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope you got the weird smell out @charger77

They'd had a bunch of these at Burlington a year or two ago, but I didn't pull the trigger.  Even though I have too many speakers already, figured I'm not passing it by this time...

IMG-20220701-175130413.jpg

IMG-20220701-175146038.jpg

Well, time to charge this mug.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...

Not a thrift find as such, but I paid a visit to my favourite vintage shop in Birmingham last week. They normally have a decent selection of US sports jerseys from the big 4 but it's mostly from the last 10-15 years. They had a few Celtics jerseys in stock so I had a browse, not really expecting much.

I found this:

spacer.png

1987-88 Sand Knit replica (obviously customized since it has a NoB, which Sand Knit replicas lacked). It was covered in stains and marks, but they came right out after a wash. I've been collecting jerseys for over 25 years and this is maybe the 3rd Sand Knit jersey I've found in the wild over here - after the '87 Whalers jersey I found about 15 years ago it's easily my best find.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:45 AM, Discogod said:

Not a thrift find as such, but I paid a visit to my favourite vintage shop in Birmingham last week. They normally have a decent selection of US sports jerseys from the big 4 but it's mostly from the last 10-15 years. They had a few Celtics jerseys in stock so I had a browse, not really expecting much.

I found this:

spacer.png

1987-88 Sand Knit replica (obviously customized since it has a NoB, which Sand Knit replicas lacked). It was covered in stains and marks, but they came right out after a wash. I've been collecting jerseys for over 25 years and this is maybe the 3rd Sand Knit jersey I've found in the wild over here - after the '87 Whalers jersey I found about 15 years ago it's easily my best find.

This is a really cool find. 

Back in the '90s, I had a pretty decent collection of the NBA replicas from that era made by Champion. I still have two of them: Dikembe Mutombo in the Nuggets' navy and gold era, and a white Charles Barkley Suns jersey -- both from around 1993 or so.

As a Timberwolves fan, I also had a Christian Laettner jersey from that era, but I can't figure out what happened to it. So I began searching for these Champion replicas on eBay and was stunned to see how expensive they are.  Not just Laettner, either. Pretty much any Champion replica from the '90s runs for anywhere form $50 to hundreds of dollars. It's pretty odd for a product that, often, was a pretty cheap-looking replica. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

This is a really cool find. 

Back in the '90s, I had a pretty decent collection of the NBA replicas from that era made by Champion. I still have two of them: Dikembe Mutombo in the Nuggets' navy and gold era, and a white Charles Barkley Suns jersey -- both from around 1993 or so.

As a Timberwolves fan, I also had a Christian Laettner jersey from that era, but I can't figure out what happened to it. So I began searching for these Champion replicas on eBay and was stunned to see how expensive they are.  Not just Laettner, either. Pretty much any Champion replica from the '90s runs for anywhere form $50 to hundreds of dollars. It's pretty odd for a product that, often, was a pretty cheap-looking replica. 

I have quite a few Champion replicas, mostly Euro ones as they're much better quality than the US versions. I mainly collect Sand Knit but the replicas are getting very pricey now, and the authentics even more so. I often find it cheaper to just buy a blank and then customize it myself, got an '86 Bucks home and '90 Timberwolves home (which is silver, not white!) that I need to get around to putting numbers and NoBs on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up today at Goodwill. Couldn't believe it when I saw it mixed in among some ice cream sundae souvenir helmets. There's a crack in the bottom that I didn't notice, but don't care. The coin plug is missing, but I figure I can find one.  Probably putting this on Ebay soon.

WwTaI8a.jpgoI7Qqh2.jpg

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

Can I already say that I hate all of you from this thread? Lucky bastards 😂 Great pickups I wish to have jerseys like these in my second hand store.

I bought this fullcap (I was in little shock when I find it because NBA caps are rarity) for 2,10zł (photo from ebay)

s-l500.jpgnot in my size unfortunately but since Sochan play for Spurs I think I'd be able to sell it for much more money somewhere in the middle of a season.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png