NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 minute ago, ripall90 said:

the seahawks logo was always inspired by the northwest art. I also just feel like Seattle having dark colors works better than bright blue.

I agree with you on that to an extent. However, I’d rather Seattle have a grey/silver helmet, wear grey/silver pants full time, more traditional striping, and bump up the shade of blue just a tad.

Here’s a quick mock-up

spacer.png

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

And TBH I really would not mind then replacing the white unis with the grays since it is light enough to count as the away unis.

Because replacing their white uniforms with a wacky unique color worked so well for the Rams, right?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, simtek34 said:

Really? That's your only negative? I know opinions exist and all but this is their best Uniform combination! The monochrome Navy just doesn't work imo, and many would agree with that. ANY Football Uniform where the Jersey, Pants, and Socks are all the same color just never works. Having the same color helmet makes it even worse. I mean, the Gray pants just look so good!

spacer.png

It's literally Nikespeak, lol.

I like monochrome nfl uniforms. The problem with the blue-gray is that the pants don't have any green and it throws off the color balance. Maybe if the feather markings were green  it'd work.  Plus I'm not a fan of when the jersey and helmet are the same color and the pants are different generally speaking. 

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, heavybass said:

This guy looks and types like corporate NFL stooge... if he had sense then he wouldn't justify the crappy Seattle colours and go back to the classic look.

now you are just insulting me for my opinion. Like this is football, this is about cloths. I just have the opinion I'd rather have football uniforms look fun and silly than so generic and utilitarian. I don't mind simple unis I put that the Saints were my favorite currently but I don't think every team should go simple or classic. And like I said the Seahawks were always inspired by Native American art with their logo

• Like 6

I don't dislike Seattle's uniforms and I agree that considering how much is going on it looks pretty good, but there's plenty of uniforms that work far better to the point where they instantly fall to the bottom half of the league through no fault of their own. They have some smart ties to Pacific Northwest native art but it's a bit too overbearingly modern for my taste. I flipflop between liking them and disliking them all the time, they're so close to the line that it's difficult for me to make up my mind about them. I still vastly prefer the royal green and silver look they had before the 2000s, but I prefer the current look to the gunmetal blue era. Toning down the current set with tweaked colors and fewer elements would vastly improve the set. 

• Like 8

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Because replacing their white uniforms with a wacky unique color worked so well for the Rams, right?

The design of the bone white uniforms was bad overall and again bone white is basically just dirty white. If you made the current white jerseys "bone" white 99 percent of people would not notice. Gray is actually different from normal white. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind the NFL being more like soccer and doing away with white uniforms and just having an alternate color uniform for when teams use the same  color 

3 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

now you are just insulting me for my opinion. Like this is football, this is about cloths. I just have the opinion I'd rather have football uniforms look fun and silly than so generic and utilitarian. I don't mind simple unis I put that the Saints were my favorite currently but I don't think every team should go simple or classic. And like I said the Seahawks were always inspired by Native American art with their logo

If I wanted fun and silly, i go watch the circus which is obvious where your opinion is from, clown.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 6
  • Hate 1

Just now, ripall90 said:

The design of the bone white uniforms was bad overall and again bone white is basically just dirty white. If you made the current white jerseys "bone" white 99 percent of people would not notice. Gray is actually different from normal white. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind the NFL being more like soccer and doing away with white uniforms and just having an alternate color uniform for when teams use the same  color 

A grey uniform does work well for Seattle. I’ll give them that and I prefer it to white.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I agree with you on that to an extent. However, I’d rather Seattle have a grey/silver helmet, wear grey/silver pants full time, more traditional striping, and bump up the shade of blue just a tad.

Here’s a quick mock-up

spacer.png

I just don't think these colors go well and the bright blue doesn't work for a state like Washington. Washington is not a sunny place like Florida so bright colors don't fit well. Maybe the green with a dark blue would look better. Also don't like how the stripes overlap the bird head and make it hard to read. Plus the gray pants don't match the silver helmet. Ironically the newer uniforms are more traditional in the sense they stick to 3 color pallet unlike here which uses four colors (silver/gray, blue, green, white). 

• Huh? 2

1 minute ago, heavybass said:

If I wanted fun and silly, i go watch the circus which is obvious where your opinion is from, clown.

are you just going to give me snarky comments? And we are watching grown men play a children's game. Sports can afford to be a little silly. I don't follow the NBA but at least they have embraced crazy uniforms because sports should be fun

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, heavybass said:

that's way too harsh and blatantly disrespectful, just because someone's opinions aren't exactly well-founded doesn't mean you get to directly insult them my dude

• Like 10

lBzmcSM.png

9 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Really? That's your only negative? I know opinions exist and all but this is their best Uniform combination! The monochrome Navy just doesn't work imo, and many would agree with that. ANY Football Uniform where the Jersey, Pants, and Socks are all the same color just never works. Having the same color helmet makes it even worse. I mean, the Gray pants just look so good! When they do all Navy, it's just a blob. This goes for every football team. Jersey/Pants/Socks should never match.

spacer.png

The grey pants need some green for color balance, they look a little too plain without it (same goes for the white ones). I will say the navy over grey looks good from zoomed out camera angles, but up close photos like this show how badly they need green on them. And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the Seahawks all-navy is one of the few good instances of monochrome in the NFL. I would honestly argue that the blue pants are the best option for all 4 of their jersey options (I'm still waiting for the day they wear grey over navy)

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

4 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

that's way too harsh and blatantly disrespectful, just because someone's opinions aren't exactly well-founded doesn't mean you get to directly insult them my dude

and what is a well founded opinion? I'm just giving my opinion as someone who went to art school and is a professional graphic designer

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

and what is a well founded opinion? I'm just giving my opinion as someone who went to art school and is a professional graphic designer

mod self-edit -- some quotes got messed up

Just now, ripall90 said:

alright. I did not name call anyone

Sorry, that's my bad. Some quotes got messed up in that exchange.

Still, for everyone in this thread, knock it off with the name calling.

14 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

Granted, a well-founded opinion is subjective, I should've used the term "unpopular" or "controversial". I'm also a professional graphic designer who has made hundreds of uniform concepts for fun and I've gone from a novice in terms of appreciating sports aesthetics for someone who has an eye for it. I can attest that monochrome is almost always inferior to breaking up color, I can attest that adding unnecessary modern elements is almost always a bad idea, and I can guarantee that simpler is almost always better in a sport banking on professionalism and tradition. There are always exceptions, but that's a matter of personal preference.

Opinions are opinions and none of this matters in the grand scheme of things but you can't just spout unpopular opinions, back them up with completely subjective claims like its gospel, and then ruthlessly debate people who disagree with you. Everyone here is giving their opinion as a designer or as a longtime fan or as a newcomer or what have you. People would be far more receptive to your opinions if you handled them more gracefully and were more receptive to the thoughts of those who disagree with you. I know you're a newcomer here on the boards but don't be surprised when people dislike an opinion that doesn't coincide with established rules of football uniform design. Take the time to hear us out, at the very least. 

(Apologies to the mods if this crosses a line or throws gas on the flame, I did not see your comments when you stepped in.)

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png