NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, ripall90 said:

And dials it down to 1 now. And from what I saw on twitter everyone said they look like practice unis. 

Really? EVERYONE said that? That's a. not true and b. those who did are no taste philistines. 

From what I saw on twitter everyone loves them. I can make up stuff too. 

I can understand the stripes being a bit much but I don't mind the striping being faded. And I don't see how the current numbers are fitting the "feline predator" aesthetic.

The thin, swooping lines are more evocative of a stalking, quick jungle cat than a fat square would be. Maybe if they were the Cincinnati Cinderblocks your preferred font would work. 

I generally do not like rounded numbers and while this isn't the worst, I feel the block numbers match the Bengal's branding much better. I will say this, the outline/drop shadow could be slimmed down Alkire did make these in 2013 or whenever so he was clearly going off the uniforms of that time. I did link other uniform redesigns in this thread for the bengals that are simpler than Alkire's but better than the official unis 

Yeah those other ones were all worse than what they actually wear. All of them do the Bengals worse than their actual uniforms. 

@Sport

Out of curiosity what do you think of this guy's Jaguars redesign? 

JesseAlkire_JacksonvilleJaguars.jpg?form

Laughable. Humorously bad. Even Russell Athletic's college football designers would be think that's a little too much. Somehow makes the "TROOPS!" look they wore in 2017 somehow worse and that was one of the worst uniforms in the history of the NFL. 

• Like 6

PvO6ZWJ.png

How can people genuinely think sublimated jaguar spots or just blatant jaguar spots are actually a good thing on a uniform?

I understand the argument of “bengal stripes = jaguar spots”, but I’d rather Jacksonville not look like a tacky 80s workout video

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

How can people genuinely think sublimated jaguar spots or just blatant jaguar spots are actually a good thing on a uniform?

I understand the argument of “bengal stripes = jaguar spots”, but I’d rather Jacksonville not look like a tacky 80s workout video

I think blatant jaguar spots could work in moderation, honestly; restrict it to the helmet and mayyybe the striping and I think it'd be a nice little aesthetic flourish to give Jacksonville's uniforms something visually distinct to them besides their colors...but having a bunch of sublimated spots all over the uniform looks way too collegiate for the NFL. There's a reason we left that :censored: in the 90's where it belongs.

The Jags' ultimate problem is that, except for their actual logos and color palette, their entire look is completely bland and lifeless. Solid black helmet, basic color blocking and just a lack of any character or life to the jersey or helmet design.

Something like this would be a nice balance for me, personally-speaking; still within the confines of a traditional aesthetic, but with a nice touch of uniquely Jags design elements.

spacer.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think blatant jaguar spots could work in moderation, honestly; restrict it to the helmet and mayyybe the striping and I think it'd be a nice little aesthetic flourish to give Jacksonville's uniforms something visually distinct to them besides their colors...but having a bunch of sublimated spots all over the uniform looks way too collegiate for the NFL. There's a reason we left that :censored: in the 90's where it belongs.

Something like this would be a nice balance for me, personally-speaking;

spacer.png

Not too sure about the helmet. A flat black helmet with a stripe similar to the pants would be good

• Like 3

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Not too sure about the helmet. A flat black helmet with a stripe similar to the pants would be good

I think the helmet would be fine being completely spotted, especially when teams like the Eagles, Bengals, Vikings, Chargers and Rams all have iconic helmet designs that lack traditional striping altogether; I think a fully-spotted Jags helmet could slot nicely into that sort of fold.

Seeing as Jacksonville has a reputation for their interesting  uniform decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented jaguar spots in a similar fashion to these jerseys. A two-tone black design would allow the spots to be present, while not being as distracting or mismatchy as a realistic gold and black jaguar design. I don't advocate for this inclusion, but I think that it is modern enough to fit the Jaguars' brand, yet muted enough that it wouldn't be a total eyesore for viewers (assuming they restrict the pattern to the collar and/or sleeves).

WRlHCzs.png

Feel free to imagine matching white and teal versions for the full Jacksonville brand experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

Seeing as Jacksonville has a reputation for their interesting  uniform decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented jaguar spots in a similar fashion to these jerseys. A two-tone black design would allow the spots to be present, while not being as distracting or mismatchy as a realistic gold and black jaguar design. I don't advocate for this inclusion, but I think that it is modern enough to fit the Jaguars' brand, yet muted enough that it wouldn't be a total eyesore for viewers (assuming they restrict the pattern to the collar and/or sleeves).

WRlHCzs.png

Feel free to imagine matching white and teal versions for the full Jacksonville brand experience.

The way the sublimation on the Commanders jersey is textured, a casual fan could easily mistake it for snake skin pattern.

I fear the same could happen for the Jags if they went the cat spot route.

3 hours ago, Sport said:

The thin, swooping lines are more evocative of a stalking, quick jungle cat than a fat square would be. Maybe if they were the Cincinnati Cinderblocks your preferred font would work. 

Look who is getting into Nike talk now

All I see with the round numbers is cartoon numbers.

Yeah those other ones were all worse than what they actually wear. All of them do the Bengals worse than their actual uniforms. 

Personally I disagree but you clearly love the current unis. I just think they are missing one last thing to make it complete. Maybe move the stripes completely on the top and add the old Bengal tiger logo with the whole body. I feel these are minor changes that would go a long way without making the uniforms brash. We won't agree on the number font but I will say a slightly thicker outline and making the numbers orange rather than black on the away jerseys would look much better (even though I generally prefer the away numbers to be the same color as home)

Laughable. Humorously bad. Even Russell Athletic's college football designers would be think that's a little too much.

just an FYI the guy explained the spots are reflective and same with the helmet. I assume you still hate it since you seem to dislike reflective patterns. At the very least I think they should bring back the 2000s teal flaked helmets 

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I think the helmet would be fine being completely spotted, especially when teams like the Eagles, Bengals, Vikings, Chargers and Rams all have iconic helmet designs that lack traditional striping altogether; I think a fully-spotted Jags helmet could slot nicely into that sort of fold.

Surprisingly I disagree. Besides the Bengals, the other ones incorporate side pieces. The wings, horns, bolts all are simple but effective. The Bengal stripes I feel fits the helmet shape much better than jaguar spots. 

• Like 2

what do you dislike about these uniforms?

Number fonts are all ugly, weird striping patterns. Ugly ass uniform template as well.

• Like 1

spacer.png

10 hours ago, ripall90 said:

The design of the bone white uniforms was bad overall and again bone white is basically just dirty white. If you made the current white jerseys "bone" white 99 percent of people would not notice. Gray is actually different from normal white. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind the NFL being more like soccer and doing away with white uniforms and just having an alternate color uniform for when teams use the same  color 

Bone would have worked for somebody like the Bucs...it was just a horrible choice for the Rams.  Gold Sol would have made for a more fitting choice.

10 hours ago, heavybass said:

I would of said Arena Football but that's more dead than disco.

Sigh...I'd like to shout that the Zubaz were an aberration...and they were, mind you...but then there was whatever Russell was smoking in the AFL's last couple years.  A shame because there were a lot of Arena uniforms that rivaled NFL uniforms in tastefulness.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ANYWAY...

...Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm placing this here: renderings of the soon-to-be new Snatit playhouse:

Ff7JcKkXEAAaldP?format=jpg&name=small

2-2.jpg?w=900

nissan-2*750xx1422-800-0-163.png

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

ANYWAY...

...Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm placing this here: renderings of the soon-to-be new Snatit playhouse:

Ff7JcKkXEAAaldP?format=jpg&name=small

2-2.jpg?w=900

nissan-2*750xx1422-800-0-163.png

The bottom one is from a potential renovation rendering of Nissan Stadium (I fell for it last night while looking for pictures of the new one 😔)