NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

55 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

That was on Nike

iu6qijczrdohk99lbuxsThe Panthers do need a major update tho 

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's on the players, because they want tighter fitting uniforms now. 

It's on both; that said, the width of those current collars helps nothing.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 minutes ago, McCall said:

You forgot to preface your assessment with "in my opinion".

Kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think not having them actually helped. Look at how goofed up the Panthers can look with different sizes of TV numbers. 

Carolina Panthers release 2022 NFL schedule

http://arizonasports.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/FYCItX0XkAMw2gE-e1658285590359.jpg

I don't care who's to blame for it, but this is Exhibit A in why TV numbers are an unnecessary novelty in the modern American football uniform. The Chargers and Bengals were smart to not include them. They don't serve the function they used to, and they add clutter to jerseys that aren't cut the way they used to be.

If, for whatever reason, there's still a need for an extra set of numbers in this age of big-screen, high-definition television, then I say put them on the pants the way the Packers did in the '80s. 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

what is wrong with the saints unis? 

If they wore gold pants  consistently and exclusively, I could see how you'd have them number one.  (I wouldn't agree, but you'd have a point). As it currently stands? Hell no. Dull shade of gold paired with all black or all white yoga pants is inexcusable.

The fact that you have them #1 and Seattle #2 is why I posted the GIF. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If they wore gold pants  consistently and exclusively, I could see how you'd have them number one.  (I wouldn't agree, but you'd have a point). As it currently stands? Hell no. Dull shade of gold paired with all black or all white yoga pants is inexcusable.

The fact that you have them #1 and Seattle #2 is why I posted the GIF. 

I didn't really notice they weren't wearing gold pants more often but I can see your preference. Nike has struggled converting some colors to the new format but it doesn't bother me that much. 

Plus I felt at the very least my list shows I don't mind simple uniforms. And tbh after the bottom 5 I don't mind the next 15 or so uniforms. The top ten are the ones I really like.

The saints for me is because of the color scheme and simplicity. I like their new black helmets too. I wouldn't mind the gold to be updates and to wear gold pants more often but I like the all black

The seahawks I think is the perfect Nike redesign. Their home look having no white is also a bonus for me. It is just so well thought out and cool looking. 

1 hour ago, ripall90 said:

and not having TV numbers

Not a misstep. A great decision to not needlessly clutter a uniform and let the design element be the sole focus. TV numbers have always been kind of unnecessary as it is and most football jerseys look better without them. 

1 hour ago, ripall90 said:

Besides the helmet which has been a staple there just isn't anything unique about it.

Yeah totally. I can't turn on a football game without seeing every team decked out in tiger stripes. It's just so ubiquitous. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't care who's to blame for it, but this is Exhibit A in why TV numbers are an unnecessary novelty in the modern American football uniform. The Chargers and Bengals were smart to not include them. They don't serve the function they used to, and they add clutter to jerseys that aren't cut the way they used to be.

If, for whatever reason, there's still a need for an extra set of numbers in this age of big-screen, high-definition television, then I say put them on the pants the way the Packers did in the '80s. 

except now the shoulders for the charges and to an extent the bengals looks empty and plain. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ripall90 said:

The seahawks I think is the perfect Nike redesign. Their home look having no white is also a bonus for me. It is just so well thought out and cool looking. 

If by “perfect Nike redesign” you mean “Nike unfortunately putting their nose into every single aspect of the uniform”, then yes it is the perfect Nike redesign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sport said:

Not a misstep. A great decision to not needlessly clutter a uniform and let the design element be the sole focus. TV numbers have always been kind of unnecessary as it is and most football jerseys look better without them. 

Yeah totally. I can't turn on a football game without seeing every team decked out in tiger stripes. It's just so ubiquitous. 

I disagree. Without the TV numbers they look way too empty and plain. The shoulder pads at huge and now there is just empty nothingness. It is less egregious for the Chargers who have the  lightning bolt take up the shoulders but Id prefer the sleeve cap to have the numbers. Of course the Nike logo occupies it which is what matters the most. The bengals however just look unfinished. They don't fully embrace the tiger stripes. I did not like their old uniforms but those had more going on and embraced the tiger stripes. These ones are cleaner and better, and I'd wear a new jersey over the old one but it crosses the line of boring. If they did something like this I'd be 100 percent for it 

JesseAlkire_CincinnatiBengals.jpg?format

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

I disagree. Without the TV numbers they look way too empty and plain. The shoulder pads at huge and now there is just empty nothingness. It is less egregious for the Chargers who have the  lightning bolt take up the shoulders but Id prefer the sleeve cap to have the numbers. Of course the Nike logo occupies it which is what matters the most. The bengals however just look unfinished. They don't fully embrace the tiger stripes. I did not like their old uniforms but those had more going on and embraced the tiger stripes. These ones are cleaner and better, and I'd wear a new jersey over the old one but it crosses the line of boring. If they did something like this I'd be 100 percent for it 

JesseAlkire_CincinnatiBengals.jpg?format

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If by “perfect Nike redesign” you mean “Nike unfortunately putting their nose into every single aspect of the uniform”, then yes it is the perfect Nike redesign.

id rather a uniform have too much than too little. Nike recently has gone too little and too plain. Is it a bit pretentious ? Sure but it works.

The Navy blue makes the lime green really pop. The gray works much better than white would have and gives it the iconic dark north west rainy feel. The feather marking in the numbers is also a nice subtle touch which harkens to the northwest native tribal artwork. The only negatives I will say is the blue jersey doesn't work with the gray or green pants. And TBH I really would not mind then replacing the white unis with the grays since it is light enough to count as the away unis. I just think it is well thought out and goes over the top without making it look messy 

• Like 1

The gray works much better than white would have and gives it the iconic dark north west rainy feel

3 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

The feather marking in the numbers is also a nice subtle touch which harkens to the northwest native tribal artwork. 

Do you write scripts for Nike-NFL presentations?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

id rather a uniform have too much than too little. Nike recently has gone too little and too plain. Is it a bit pretentious ? Sure but it works.

The Navy blue makes the lime green really pop. The gray works much better than white would have and gives it the iconic dark north west rainy feel. The feather marking in the numbers is also a nice subtle touch which harkens to the northwest native tribal artwork. The only negatives I will say is the blue jersey doesn't work with the gray or green pants. And TBH I really would not mind then replacing the white unis with the grays since it is light enough to count as the away unis. I just think it is well thought out and goes over the top without making it look messy 

Really? That's your only negative? I know opinions exist and all but this is their best Uniform combination! The monochrome Navy just doesn't work imo, and many would agree with that. ANY Football Uniform where the Jersey, Pants, and Socks are all the same color just never works. Having the same color helmet makes it even worse. I mean, the Gray pants just look so good! When they do all Navy, it's just a blob. This goes for every football team. Jersey/Pants/Socks should never match.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Do you write scripts for Nike-NFL presentations?

It's literally Nikespeak, lol.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

da0Lbhs.png