NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

26 minutes ago, Indigo said:

They've worn silver helmets before:

8f051b6fec32bbac04568282bd449ca6.jpg

DyHuTAYXcAA74_9.jpgDyHuTxNX0AAyskO.jpg

I'm not (quite) old enough remember those uniforms (though I do remember the blue helmets), but I've always loved that shade of silver.  It almost looks a very pale metallic blue (excluding the helmet pic at the top).

EDIT:  Did the Oilers ever use the top stripe pattern on the silver helmets? That version looks like a generic grey/silver helmet with the decals from the white helmets put on it.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 1/4/2023 at 9:01 AM, seasaltvanilla said:

Which is a downgrade. I get it's supposed to be a stencil but it looks like origami.

On 1/4/2023 at 1:33 PM, jws008 said:

IDK, I still like the reaction to the new logo from my neighbor's five-year-old daughter, who immediately made the correlation to our local Tex-Mex restaurant , "Why did they put the taco holder from Azteca on their helmet?"

I keep going back-and-forth between calling the team "The Commies" and "The Taco Holders".

And I still think they should have kept WFT, uniforms included.

washington_commanders_logo_primary_dark_

Curse you Commanders with your magic eye primary! Sometimes origami/taco holder viewed at some non-straight-ahead angle; other times a fat W in stencil font.

• LOL 3
  • WOAH 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Y'all managed to full-on snatjack this thread without me...I'm so proud of y'all! 😄

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Alright now, hold on a second. A full rebrand of the Titans is not necessary. The major issues they have are with the uniform itself, not the colorway, logos, etc. To me, what's most critical is returning to a white helmet, because as many have pointed out, it gets lost in too many key lines on top of the navy blue shell. 

But a full overhaul would make me sad. The Titans before they started mixing and matching in the late 2000s/2010s had a modern classic identity.

It wasn't perfect—few uniforms/identities are—but that's where I'm at with that, as well...especially considering the longevity of the Ravens' and Eagles' looks, both of which came out (in current guise) about the same time (and one of which I feel will unfortunately not be around in the next two or three seasons).

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think a metallic silver or chrome or steel-shaded helmet would work really well for the titans. The logo would look great on it and it would play into their silly sword gimmick without being so over the top. 

then just a more basic uniform (or something similar to their original set) but add the silver / gray pants into the mix and we’re set. 

no need for full rebrand, no need for a drastic change, no need for any of that. 

Not for nothing, but I actually *shameless plug* concepted that out once:

34492c9e9ddd6a77751b5507fd278d08.png?com

(The rest of that project is here if anyone is curious.)

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

To each their own, but could not disagree more. For one, and maybe it's just me, but I am a huge fan of football logos that run directionally instead of being forward-facing, and their logo accomplishes that with the flames. The logo is, like their old uniforms, a modern classic. No touch! 

I agree with this, too—but it also depends on the circumstance. Tennessee's logo is probably one of the most unique in sports from a shape standpoint.. it's also maddeningly frustrating to work with apart from a helmet, because no matter how you choose to align it, it's next to impossible to "center" properly due to its main mass being so off-center. That said, I've long felt that should the flaming thumbtack remain it could definitely use a modest refresh...something like so:

5d726ab8cf4838187cb673ee87723c07.png?com

(Oh yeah...shameless plug here, too. 😀)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It’ll never happen, but in the unlikely scenario that the Texans  rebrand to go strictly columbia blue & red (which I don’t see why they couldn’t, even though they couldn’t have the Oilers name), then I wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans rebrand to navy & athletic gold. It would connect to the Nashville Predators as well as the old New York Titans:
MyJDVQV.jpg

Plus, beyond the Chargers navy Color Rush it’d now be a unique scheme in the NFL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

It wasn't perfect—few uniforms/identities are—but that's where I'm at with that, as well...especially considering the longevity of the Ravens' and Eagles' looks, both of which came out (in current guise) about the same time (and one of which I feel will unfortunately not be around in the next two or three seasons).

🤨

You're making me nervous.  I'm afraid to ask which one you have in mind and why.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

7 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Which one just changed their wordmark?

That's who I am guessing sadly will be it.

That makes me feel better.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:36 PM, Discrim said:

Nashville Kats anyone? 

aug-2000-andy-kelly-of-the-nashville-kat98nas.png

Before they went to the extremely Arena League uniforms that looked like the Titans and Miami Hurricanes had a baby they wore these fun guitar neck striped pants, which young me loved. Best pictures I could find. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, MJD7 said:

It’ll never happen, but in the unlikely scenario that the Texans  rebrand to go strictly columbia blue & red (which I don’t see why they couldn’t, even though they couldn’t have the Oilers name), then I wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans rebrand to navy & athletic gold. It would connect to the Nashville Predators as well as the old New York Titans:
MyJDVQV.jpg

Plus, beyond the Chargers navy Color Rush it’d now be a unique scheme in the NFL.

Correct. Even that design doesn't use that much athletic gold:

seahawks-chargers-football-85855.jpg

• Like 1

Texans May be changing unis. So get ready for the end of a modern classic (minus the stupid huge collar) and more Jags-style silliness.

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

22 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not (quite) old enough remember those uniforms (though I do remember the blue helmets), but I've always loved that shade of silver.  It almost looks a very pale metallic blue (excluding the helmet pic at the top).

EDIT:  Did the Oilers ever use the top stripe pattern on the silver helmets? That version looks like a generic grey/silver helmet with the decals from the white helmets put on it.

Nothing like that uniform set will ever happen again, for the same reason that the Cleveland Spiders will never happen again. 😞

On 1/5/2023 at 3:41 PM, leopard88 said:

Which is ironic given that the white helmets came later.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 1/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, dont care said:

I can see it, aqua isn’t a readily available color and navy is still in their color scheme. Not the same shade of navy but still I can see them going “good enough” for something that’s worn for like 4 games

Everyone in the NFL who has changed colors/logos has matching ones or has updated with new logos. Including domed and warm weather teams. The Fins play in a division with 3 northeast teams. 

• TBGKon locked this topic