NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I suspect the original plan was to play it pretty conservative with the Texans and have them feel like a major-market team that had been there all along rather than a new-fangled Team From Nowhere like the Titans or Jaguars. Even the name was recycled from two mid-20th-century football teams.

Jacksonville I'll give you, because unless one knows or cares about Florida, one really wouldn't have a reason to know or care anything about Jacksonville, plus it ain't like there's anything especially exciting about it—and i say that as a native of the Panhandle—but Nashville being "nowhere"? Come on, bruh. I know bashing on things southern has long been one of your things du jour around here, but that's just straight up ridiculous...cut it out, bro. 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Jacksonville I'll give you, because unless one knows or cares about Florida, one really wouldn't have a reason to know or care anything about Jacksonville, plus it ain't like there's anything especially exciting about it—and i say that as a native of the Panhandle—but Nashville being "nowhere"? Come on, bruh. I know bashing on things southern has long been one of your things du jour around here, but that's just straight up ridiculous...cut it out, bro. 

There are chains specializing in Nashville Hot Chicken expanding to northern states so I know Nashville is chic RN not to mention loads of ppl moving there

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I've talked about this before. The Titans had a pleasantly "neutral" brand that, with their team's general likability, made them pretty popular as people's second team and so forth -- the point being that there wasn't anything about their location that was provincial or alienating, which you could certainly say for the Houston Oilers.

EDIT: 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Dan Snyder choosing to represent his team with a pig, something traditionally considered either dirty and ugly or delicious when cooked, is probably the most fitting choice he could have made.

In fairness most animals are delicious when cooked properly.  Haven't eaten any NFL animals (yet) but I can tell you firsthand that marlins and stingrays are tasty. Would eat again. I generally enjoy beef, but I don't think there's a way to tell if the burger on your plate came from a bull or a cow 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

In fairness most animals are delicious when cooked properly.  Haven't eaten any NFL animals (yet) but I can tell you firsthand that marlins and stingrays are tasty. Would eat again. I generally enjoy beef, but I don't think there's a way to tell if the burger on your plate came from a bull or a cow 🤷🏾‍♂️

Put enough paprika on anything and it'll taste good.

Side note: around the island of Hispaniola, escaped slaves, naval deserters, and general ne'er-do-wells would sell the slow roasted meat of feral pigs captured on the islands to passing ships.

It's called barbacoa in Spanish or in French, boucan.  Hence the name for its purveyors: BUCCANEERS.

• Like 8
  • WOAH 2

When everyone was making fun of "Major Tuddy" saying that they put him in an old R-words jersey, I didn't realize that he's wearing the full R-words uniform - look at the pants!  Why in the world would they do this, when some portion of the fan base is already complaining that they should have just kept those uniforms and slapped "Commanders" on them anyway?

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope to hell whoever buys Washington changes the name. We know we can't get the [mod edit] back, but getting the Red Wolves, which, if I remember correctly, was a consensus favorite,  would be the correct step to take.

Either that or just go back to Football Team/Club.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 2

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

When everyone was making fun of "Major Tuddy" saying that they put him in an old R-words jersey, I didn't realize that he's wearing the full R-words uniform - look at the pants!  Why in the world would they do this, when some portion of the fan base is already complaining that they should have just kept those uniforms and slapped "Commanders" on them anyway?

That "portion of the fanbase" are correct.  They should have kept that uniform over Snyder's BFBS idiocy.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Now I’m sitting here, trying to figure out how many professional, North American, sports mascots I’ve eaten. 🤔

• LOL 5

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

All the Commanders had to do was use the old uniforms with the current helmet. They wouldn’t have been #fresh or #icy or #fire, but they would’ve had good uniforms. 

Instead, their mascot is now better dressed than their players. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Chawls said:

Now I’m sitting here, trying to figure out how many professional, North American, sports mascots I’ve eaten. 🤔

If we're just going by official team name I've eaten beef (Chicago Bulls), marlin, stingray and shark. Didn't care for shark the time I had it.

If we're including nicknames and mascots to the mix, then I can add chicken (some MLB team has/had a chicken mascot), pork (Commanders with hogs) and rabbit (the Sixers had a rabbit mascot during the Iverson years)

Oh... and I've drank Reb Bull before, so I've crossed over into MLS too

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller